Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 14:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

I hope that you have surely taken the ribbons of your car. There is a person in our society complex, whose Fabia is dented in 3-4 places, but still has the ribbons on.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Varun,

Congrats on the Fabia. Hope you have a wonderful exp with the car as well as Skoda A.S.S which i hope is improving.
Some pics would be welcomed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I hope that you have surely taken the ribbons of your car. There is a person in our society complex, whose Fabia is dented in 3-4 places, but still has the ribbons on.
You are talking of ribbons? In our society, one guy has his Santro covered 6000 kms and ribbon is still on. Even the plastics covers on seat are there, wonder whether they add to the resale when he will sell off the car

Damn the Hyundai guys, his car went for some damage repairs and even they didnt take the covers out.
Old 17th September 2009, 09:19   #18
BHPian

yup, that right, ribbons are gone, will post some pics this weekend.
Old 17th September 2009, 18:57   #19
BHPian

Talking about ribbons.. My neighbour's 2 yr old Innova, done 40k is still with a ribbon on, though in imaculate condition.
I guess something to do with superstition.
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
Old 17th September 2009, 19:01   #20
BHPian

In my 14 months of very minimal usage of 7500 kms in my Red Classic diesel, i have been addicted to this car. I also drive Civic and Innova alongside Santro and Fabia, but feel that Fabia is more secure and strong than Civic also which feels flimsy!
I should be coming up with my detailed review very soon.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:01   #21
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have a question, given the launch of the super-hatchs such as i20-Jazz-Punto-Fabia. Does one still thing that Fabia is overpriced??? doesnt matter if it is a 1.2 HTP or a 1.4 TDI. I have a experiece to share on my recent outstation trip to Ajmer and Pusker, I managed to lock myself out of the car while the keys were left in the boot because if you press the boot opener from the remote and close the boot the car automatically locks itself and thats what it did, only thing wad I left the keys inside the boot. So, thanks to some analyst thinking, I first called up the nearest dealer and asked about which galss is avalilable in the stock, so that I should break that one in order to get in the car. There was a dealer in Jaipur,who confirmed me that driving side glass is available, so I had to broke that on.

To my surprise, It was priced at Rs. 1400/-only+ labour of 500/-. which I think is very competitive given the price of the car and the fact its from Saint-gobain (Slovakian facility) and I was really impressed with the kind of service provided at the Jaipur dealership.

I also saw the new octavia elegance in Panama leather interiors and with RS bumper. Looked really exclusive!!!!!!
Old 29th September 2009, 03:21   #22
BHPian

congratulations. although a little belated but still.

@ ribbons and stuff.-- wow something is seriously wrong with these people.

how about some pictures while you are at it!

can you explain your price at which you bought the elegance model. i mean 6.4 lac on road. then whats the ex showroom price. and did you get discounts. whats the price if i were to buy one today. skoda website suggest its 6.4 ex showroom. i am little bit confused.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:03   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congratulations. although a little belated but still.

@ ribbons and stuff.-- wow something is seriously wrong with these people.

how about some pictures while you are at it!

can you explain your price at which you bought the elegance model. i mean 6.4 lac on road. then whats the ex showroom price. and did you get discounts. whats the price if i were to buy one today. skoda website suggest its 6.4 ex showroom. i am little bit confused.
You can buy fabia online soon save more money -
Skoda Fabia to inaugurate auto industry?s online booking chapter - Corporate News - livemint.com
Old 29th September 2009, 14:55   #24
BHPian

Yup, I paid 6.4 on road in Delhi , I got 40,000 as discount

On road price without discount was 6.8
Old 29th September 2009, 17:06   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=911varun;1498047]Hi Guys, I have a question, given the launch of the super-hatchs such as i20-Jazz-Punto-Fabia. Does one still thing that Fabia is overpriced??? doesnt matter if it is a 1.2 HTP or a 1.4 TDI. I have a experiece to share on my recent outstation trip to Ajmer and Pusker, I managed to lock myself out of the car while the keys were left in the boot because if you press the boot opener from the remote and close the boot the car automatically locks itself and thats what it did, only thing wad I left the keys inside the boot. So, thanks to some analyst thinking, I first called up the nearest dealer and asked about which galss is avalilable in the stock, so that I should break that one in order to get in the car. There was a dealer in Jaipur,who confirmed me that driving side glass is available, so I had to broke that on.

To my surprise, It was priced at Rs. 1400/-only+ labour of 500/-. which I think is very competitive given the price of the car and the fact its from Saint-gobain (Slovakian facility) and I was really impressed with the kind of service provided at the Jaipur dealership.

/quote]

Very Smart Thinking, and yep the pricing is a pleasant surprise.
Old 10th February 2010, 17:31   #26
BHPian

Another Shocker from Skoda Dealer Giriraj Motors and Skoda India

I have been very ignorant of late and my Fabia is one example for this.

I have found out some touch up marks om my fabia and now regret my decision for going for a Skoda. Please see below the pics. I have complained to the dealer but he refuses to accept that it was dome by Giriraj Automobiles in Gurgaon. Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-picture-025.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-picture-032.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-picture-040.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-picture-026.jpg

Please advise how to take it up with Skoda

Background: I approached Giriraj motors for the problem, but they ignored saying that its just a spray marks. I have escalated the problem to Skoda but they have shaved off by saying that it is not a manufacturing defect and they cannot help it. I have repeatedly shared the problem with Mr. Ahluwalia and Mr. Imran of Giriraj, but there seems to be no respite.

Please if anyone buying a skoda, dont consider Giriraj motors in Gurgaon. They have the most shoddy sales team and VP Mr. Ahluwalia.

Please advice, as now I am thinking of going to consumer court with the problem :

Take care.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:35   #27
BHPian

Review after 21000km with Fabia 1.2 HTP

Hi all, got the car back from Skoda after all the correct paint job. The car now looks as good ad new. I have complete 21000 km in last 8 months and enjoying the car now. The engine has nicely opened up and the FE has stabilized around 13 kmpl. No further issues with the car and will keep all of you posted is something comes up.

I have driven the car extensively and have been impressed by the ride quality and built. I have had my chances with the dealer and have learned to get my work done. Nothing major to report on the review. Your questions are most welecomed

Here are the pics of the car, little late but just there now.

Mods: Please change the title to "Long-term review on Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pics"

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-img_0011.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-img_0013.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-img_0012.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-img_0014.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-img_0015.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-img_0016.jpg

Long-term review - Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP With Pictures-img_0019.jpg
Old 25th April 2010, 18:49   #28
BHPian

Has anyone got the spare parts and service charges details, how different it is when compared to Fiat Punto.
Old 2nd July 2010, 07:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Has anyone got the spare parts and service charges details, how different it is when compared to Fiat Punto.
You can find it in this month's ACI edition. You will be surprised to see drastic reduction in Fabia's sapre part cost.

@varun - What is the engine oil capacity that you are being billed for at the time of oil change? I have a 1.2 amb and I am being charged for 4 liters. The manual says it is 3.0 liters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks