Team-BHP - Ford Fiesta - She's mine
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Ford Fiesta - She's mine (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/65851-ford-fiesta-shes-mine.html)

After year long reaserch finally i decided to go for Fiesta Diesel. Details about my search & choosing the model can be found in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lumbrante.html (post:1454669)

The booking and taking delivery was a smooth affair. They had ready stock of Platinum SXI Premium in their stockyard, so all it took was the time taken by my company's caradmin dept to process the payment. I had filled up all the RTO documents, and all set to take the car for registration.

The wait ofcourse was killing but finally got the confirmation on 10th evening that the money was transferred to the dealer a/c. Rushed to the dealer depot first thing on 11th morning with the Team-BHP check list in hand. The depot manager had already completed the PDI. When told him that i wanted to have a look at it before it goes for registration, he was curious to see the aspects that were covered in the checklist. Needless to say, he was impressed by the parameters mentioned, and arranged to have the vehicle inspected in bright sunlight. Quickly went through the checklist and made sure the car was in perfect condition, and gave them the clearance to go ahead with the registration.

The pleasant surprise was when i saw the Bridgestones on the rims. Due to MRF lockout for the last couple of months, Ford is fitting Bridgstones & Goodyears in all the cars manufactured July onwards.

Went to meet Deepak of Tyrestore whom i had spoken to earlier and fixed a deal to replace the stock MRF tyres with Michelin 185/65 R14. Now that i came with BS, went and spoke to him, and he quickly offered a better buyback on the BG, so the deal was struck.

Went back to the showroom in the afternoon, and there she was in - the stunning beauty in glorious platinum colour shining in the afternoon sun. Went through the pooja formalities in a hurry - just couldn't wait to get my hands on the keys.

Took her straight to the tyre shop and got the Michelin fixed and pumped in Nitrogen on the tyres. Dropped into the gas station, filled her up. Man, it feels so happy to fill the tank and still pay lesser for the cheaper stuff :)

Straight to temple for another pooja, and took the family out for a drive. Boy, the Michelin 185/65 was smooth coupled with the super cool AC the drive was smooooooooth.

I think i'm going to have to write a lot to describe the initial drive experience. It's gone a be a long thread, so will keep updating in multiple posts.

Enjoy the pics for now.

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03892.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03893.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03894.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03895.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03898.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03910.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03915.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03917.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03918.jpg

Ford Fiesta - She's mine-dsc03920.jpg

Beautiful car. Congrats to the 'T'. Drive safe. Is that a new type of grill. Gees she looks face lifted or I haven't been so close to a Fiesta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1493009)
Beautiful car. Congrats to the 'T'. Drive safe. Is that a new type of grill. Gees she looks face lifted or I haven't been so close to a Fiesta.

Yup, the earlier black grill is now replaced with a chrome one apart from some additional crome on the OVRM's and the new alloy pattern.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oss (Post 1493004)
Went to meet Deepak of Tyrestore whom i had spoken to earlier and fixed a deal to replace the stock MRF tyres with Michelin 185/65 R14. Now that i came with BS, went and spoke to him, and he quickly offered a better buyback on the BG, so the deal was struck.

OSS@ pics are nice buddy!
You said earlier you finalized the deal considering MRF as stock and later you got better deal for BG.

How much less amount your tyre dealer asked you to pay? I paid the tyre dealer full difference amount considering MRF as stock but got worried what if BG comes, I doubt that the tyre dealer will offer me better discount as I paid him all amount :Frustrati

Tomorrow am going for PDI so will come to know about stock I am getting.

I have TBHP PDI checklist but but not sure from where to decode VIN and should I tell dealer not to register till I manage to decode it as from code I will not able to make out in which month of 2009 its manufactured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumar7 (Post 1493089)
How much less amount your tyre dealer asked you to pay? I paid the tyre dealer full difference amount considering MRF as stock but got worried what if BG comes, I doubt that the tyre dealer will offer me better discount as I paid him all amount :Frustrati

I got an additional 1000 bucks for the Bridgestone. I had earlier got 2200 per tyre for MRF where as all the other dealers i checked with offered only 2000/tyre. So, even if he offered couple of 100s lesser here, i was happy with the overall deal.

Quote:

I have TBHP PDI checklist but but not sure from where to decode VIN and should I tell dealer not to register till I manage to decode it as from code I will not able to make out in which month of 2009 its manufactured.

I read somewhere the 9A series will correspond to the year & month, ie, 9 for 2009 and A for July assembly.

Your VIN should read as MAJBXXMRJB9#12345

# should be A or B - for July or Aug assembly. 12345 being the serial number.

Hey Oss,

Congrats on the car. She looks fabulous.
Waiting for better pics soon!
What color is she? Silver? Titanium? Gray?

Congrats Oss... even i am a proud owner of the new 1.6Sxi premium platinum. The car looks stunning (esp at night).

Enjoy the babe. Am yet to write my detialed delivery report. hope am able to do it today.

Reg tyres, i wasnt aware of the MRF to Bridgestone switch. i will check mine and post the details

thanks

Thanks

Quote:

OSS@ pics are nice buddy!
You said earlier you finalized the deal considering MRF as stock and later you got better deal for BG.

Tomorrow am going for PDI so will come to know about stock I am getting.

Kumar, enter your VIN number on this site, and you will get all details abt your car (including manufacturing date).

Mad Moles VIN Decoder

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 1493466)
Hey Oss,

Congrats on the car. She looks fabulous.
Waiting for better pics soon!
What color is she? Silver? Titanium? Gray?

Hey, it's Platinum.

I know the photographs weren't great, so thought of an photo-op trip to Coorg. Yes, the weeklong drive in the city has spoilt me and i have decided to utlise the Dassera holidays of my son with a 3N/4D trip to Coog.

Was trying to book at PrinceZahed's homestay, but heard most of the places were filled due to the holiday season. Got a fabulous offer from ClubMahindra, so booked there. About to start the trip. Heading to BLR for overnight stay and will kick start the Coorg trip from tomorrow morning.

Guys which is the better route to Madikeri from Hunsur. Most of the posts seem to suggest the Kushalnagar to Madikeri route is in bad shape. Any alternatives?

Since i will be starying at Madikeri, the Virajpet route might be little longer? Am i correct. Pls suggest the best road options.

And yes, will soon be back with all the pictures of the Car and the tour :D

Touring already!! Way to go OSS. It doesn't make sense to have a diesel and not drive. Have a great trip and congrats on the new car.

hey OSS, congrats again!! :D she looks a beauty!! it's raining platinums at the moment!! clap: keep those pics coming!!

btw, you'll love the Club Mahindra property at Coorg, it's one of their very best!! we stayed there for a week and enjoyed every bit of our holiday!!

So you finally made the post and saved yourself from Unni.clap:The car looks nice and Boy you are already talking about long trips. I am sure you will clock more than 10000 kms in year. Way to go. Being a diesel you will have to be more cautious about the run in period.

Congrats on the buy.Its raining Fiesta's in T-Bhp.
I personally didn't like the chrome finish on the new one.
Adding a spoiler will enhance the looks of the vehicle.

Congrats OSS. Happy touring :)

Congrats OSS,

Great Buy and Nice Color.
have you got any offers and what is the Final OTR?
Enjoy and Drive Safe :)