Team-BHP - Skoda Fabia - "the fooling machine"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Skoda Fabia - "the fooling machine" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/66685-skoda-fabia-fooling-machine.html)

Hi all u skoda lovers,

Got exchanged the first 1.4 Petrol in Pune.

Date of Purchase Jan 2008
Date of Replacement June 2008

Communication for same attached...

They r CLEVER, gave me a 3rd rated Diesel with its own A grade problems which could be fatal...

My next thread will be for the Diesel and the way an INDIAN is made to run for his money and life...

1) We would like to know more about :
Quote:

My next thread will be for the Diesel and the way an INDIAN is made to run for his money and life...
If possible, please elaborate in this thread itself.

2) In the PDF file attached, there are a lot of mails one by one. I recommend you to have more spacing and some heading before each letter so that it becomes more readable. After a few first mails, it becomes a bit difficult and cumbersome to read further. If possible, I will try to edit and post it.

3) If possible please give more details of your current case in short in here.

The case is about the 1st Petrol Fabia, which had a ECU problem /pick up, there was water leakage into the car in the rains, AC blower motor was replaced, after they refused to accept I took the matter to OVERDRIVE and got a road test, a copy of the same is in the MAY 2008 issue.

They then pulled back more than 30 cars from the market after mine and stopped selling the 1.4 Petrol

I got a diesel in replacement which has a major braking / ABS problem, AC blower has been replaced 2 time needs a 3rd change now, rear shockers have leaked and no replacement for three months, the car is risky to drive and could be fatal, hence is parked non used in my parking.

There are atleast two more owners I know facing the same problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prakash Gupta (Post 1513062)
Hi all u skoda lovers,

Not all of us are. And I'm sure the Skoda fans won't appreciate that tone.

Quote:

They r CLEVER, gave me a 3rd rated Diesel with its own A grade problems which could be fatal...

Like aggoswami said, a short description would help other users get the gist of your case quickly rather than browse through a long list of emails.

Quote:

So this thread is for?

So, they replaced a lemon with a lemon! Haven't you thought of approaching the consumer court?

I went through the entire PDF file you have uploaded.

1) The arguments like " Sudden release of clutch " is something I was not able to digest.

2) The fact that they do not find anything wrong with performance is also surprising. IMHO, nobody has got time and energy to complain without a reason. Also the fact remains that Skoda Fabia is not the car that has got good engine response as compared to its Japanese and Korean rivals. Water in cabin is not something an owner of such a premium car expects.

3) I also came to know that you own Octavia. Octavia is the best Skoda product till date. If there are issues, they are mostly not design or manufacturing defects, but problems come mostly due to dealers. If there is a skoda I will recommend, its Octavia.

4) Send as many emails as you want, they will always be slow. Emails are glorified modern almost free trash cans for most.

5) If you are subscriber to OD ( Overdrive ) and/or ACI ( AutoCar India ), report your issue to them also and see if they are ready to take up your case and post details in their mags or not. ACI is particularly weak in pointing out problems of Skoda, but see if they can be of any help.
Last I knew, they take up case of only those who are subscribers.

Thanks for the same.

What you say is absolutely correct, if its a Skoda it should be only an Octavia and non other from their stable.

The Skoda officials are very well trained to kill time and the subject.

In the previous Car i.e the Petrol, I had taken help of Overdrive, wherein Skoda had not offered the 1.4 L petrol even for a test drive to any of the magazines. I think that's the reason Overdrive did the test for my car to get a scoop, but it really helped my case.

But as Ashutosh has mentioned that I got a Lemon for a Lemon, it is even worse.

The Diesel 1.4 TDi is a very unsafe car in terms of braking and not at all suitable for the Indian Road conditions.

To top it up then you have dealers like Asset Auto in Pune who are one of the most arrogant out of the whole lot in Pune region.

Know of at least 3 Skoda Fabias with friends and all running fine. Please check if you were short-changed by the dealer.

I love the byline - "fooling machine". Coming from the "harakiri company", it is no surprise.

1) We know of the issues with the 1.4 Petrol. And you were correctly given a replacement.

2) But we also know the 1.4 Deisel to be a good/ decent vehicle, pls check if the peticular car that you have was not spoilt / badly setup by the dealer.

Also check the VIN Details of your vehicle. The manufacturing date etc to check whether you have got any "OLD" vehicle.

Dear Mr.Prakash,

I have issues with the braking systems of my Fabia Diesel car.At times when you brake the steering wheel starts to shake and always there are very uncomfortable noices emerging out which remains me of the old school bus i used to travel to school in the late 70's.Will you risk your saftey and your familys saftey ? If something happens to me or my family because the brakeing system failed,will they own up the responsibility?

I have also issues with the reverse sensers which seems to have a mind of its own and works when it feels like, so cant depend on it.The problem with thier service is that no one seems to have a clue about what is wrong.

They have serviced my car by now thrice for the problems i have mentioned and still it persists.The latest finding according to them is that air gets into the system (ABS)and hence its happening and do not seem to have a solution for the same.Will a vaccum cleaner help? If someone from Skoda is reading this please advice.Another thing the Skoda mechanic told me is that all cars with ABS has this problem..god bless this company.I feel cheeted and betrayed spending the money i spend to buy this super hatch and today on hindsight i feel like a super goose.

So take good cousultation if ever you indend to buy a Skoda Fabia.I even feel all is good as long as it is with other brands of Skoda...do not depend on thier service network,for any major fault they might have to take consultation from thier Chekoslovakia counterparts.

Love & Regards

Padmakumar B S
Quote:

Hi all u skoda lovers,

Mods note: Post edited. Not safe to put up phone number on an open forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pady66 (Post 1514595)
Dear Mr.Prakash,

I have issues with the braking systems of my Fabia Diesel car.At times when you brake the steering wheel starts to shake and always there are very uncomfortable noices emerging out which remains me of the old school bus i used to travel to school in the late 70's.Will you risk your saftey and your familys saftey ? If something happens to me or my family because the brakeing system failed,will they own up the responsibility?

They have serviced my car by now thrice for the problems i have mentioned and still it persists.The latest finding according to them is that air gets into the system (ABS)and hence its happening and do not seem to have a solution for the same.Will a vaccum cleaner help?

How many kms have your fabia done..steering shaking while braking could be because of hardened brake pads, which normally happens when the car is left standing for months (in open usually, not in garage or any sheltered place). Try to get a new pair of brake pads, and see if the problem is solved. It can be that the shaking goes off completely or gets reduced. If it gets reduced, get the discs faced and it should go completely.

Thats the only thing I can think of in a new car. Rest about the air getting into the system (ABS), how can this be possible? the idiots may talking about the ventilated discs if at all fabia has it (I dont know), the ventilated discks keep the discs itself cool, preventing them from getting stained, as they become very hot due to braking.

The problem of shuddering is felt on the slightest rough road, the problem is the new generation of ABS which Skoda is using.

The same problem is faced by other Fabia owners also...

The Skoda personnel initially informed that they a software update from Czech is expected, then later when they didnt find a solution started making the customers run around.

I personally in my case tried speaking to Karthik Ramesh, who was like a Bull in the Crockery shop, said firstly I cannot speak to Mr. Thomas Kuehl, then when I went to meet him at Acumen Motors he even refused to meet me, in front of the directors of Acumen, their dealer.

Also when you try and contact Czech, the Customer Service officer says that SAIPL is an independent company and shoos you off.

Later then she would send an INTERNAL communication to her Indian Counterpart informing not to worry as the matter has not reached their Chairman.

Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:43 PM
To: guptapi@vsnl.com
Subject: Info for SAIPL: Mr. Prakash Gupta: Fabia a WRONG

Dear Karthik,

This is FYI our communication with the customer Mr. Prakash Gupta who fortunately has used incorrect
e-mail address of Mr. Jung so this case is not followed by our chairman.

Best regards,

Pavlína

Pavlina KNEBLOVA |Customer care/Kundenbetreuung
SKODA AUTO a.s. | V. Klementa 869 | 293 60 Mlada Boleslav | Czech Republic
tel: +420 326 8 16156 | fax: +420 326 8 16221 | eFax: +420 326 8 49268 |
Pavlina.Kneblova@skoda-auto.cz | ?koda Auto ?eská republika - Úvodní stránka | ?koda Auto - Homepage

Skoda - Simply clever.

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Prosím, zvažte dopad na životní prostředí před tiskem tohoto mailu.