Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 12:49   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Congratulations. Medium gray looks really great on her.

Please post the purchase and initial ownership experience, freebies etc you got.

That's a lot of driving you'll be doing every month. What's your requirement from the tyres - comfort or performance ?
Am not a tarmac scorcher. Don't normally go beyond 140KMPH; doesn't feel safe on Indian highways beyond this. Comfort is what am looking for; for in-city driving and long drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I have seen one or two Lineas in this colour and I must say that the colour is just right - the businesslike colour offsets the sporty lines perfectly leaving one with an impression of understated aggression. I love the way the shade changes from dark to light depending upon the angle.

Cheers,
The color shade really changes Ravvendrra; esp in evenings, she's just gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Your's is the first M.Grey Linea in forum.It is a FIRE or MJD?
Expecting the shade to be more darker, but have to see in real flesh.
Regarding the tires,better to upgrade them as soon as possible before clocking miles on it.
Klarsson(spelling) seat covers seem to be the best fit. Check out other Linea thread.
Anyways congrats on the ride.
Its an MJD Ramsagar. Let me have a peek at seat covers threads as well! Karlsson is one of the top on list for me.

Purchase Experience
I might not be the correct person to really write on this. I have got the car through LeasePlan.
I got the test drives and initial quotes through Pratham Motors. This was September. they had prmoised me a total discount of around 21K on Linea MJD Dyn Pack. The confirmation from my side got spilled to 2nd Oct and they refused to the discount offer saying that max they could give for October was 6K. LeasePlan offered to intervene and got me a discount of 21K and basic accessories.
During the PDI and delivery on DhanTeras, the concorde folks were quite cordial.

Initial Driving Experience
As soon as I came out of the showroom, I discovered that the ribbons and balloons on a new car attracts autos, motorcyclists and taxi cabs towards it.
  • The first few days have been quite absorbing with her. Though am still finding a way to handle her optimally. She drives way different than the petrolheads I have driven previously - Santro, NHC or Palio 1.6. Any tips, how do you drive a Diesel machine to obtain optimal power and mileage. Am astounded to see the fuel efficiency that some members obtain!
  • Clutch play is considerably larger and the doors seem even heavier than Palio.
  • Can't really judge the Air Conditioning in Bangalore. Even Santro is more than optimal here. Though, I do not see any visible power lag when switching it on or off.
A glitch
This is the first (and hopefully the last ) niggle I have had. The glovebox doesnt shut properly. The latch seems to be out of order. Will take her to Concorde today. Also need to get the number plate affixed!

More photos and experiences coming soon!
Cheers,
Satyam
Old 20th October 2009, 14:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Satyam, Linea in Medium Grey looks awesome!

Enjoy the Italian beauty!
Old 20th October 2009, 16:25   #18
BHPian

Congrats Dude !!! It is raining Lineas in Bangalore. I am also seeing more Lineas on the road in Bangalore too. Yours must be the first Medium Grey Linea in Team-BHP.
Old 20th October 2009, 17:28   #19
BHPian

Looks amazing buddy. I just happened to cross a Concorde showroom, and boy, I was instantly in love with the white Linea that was inside the showroom. You're one lucky guy.
Old 20th October 2009, 21:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
Am not a tarmac scorcher. Don't normally go beyond 140KMPH; doesn't feel safe on Indian highways beyond this. Comfort is what am looking for; for in-city driving and long drives!
Michelins will be the way to go for comfort. The experts - nikhilb,iraghav and others can probably help in selecting the correct profile.
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

welcome to team-bhp linea ship ahoy!!. wishing you a smooth sail.
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Try changing the tires as soon as possible. So that you can a good deal while exchanging.
How is the performance in the traffic.?
Have a good ride.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your medium grey linea, looks awesome.
Regarding tyres, better the gurus give you best options available but can suggest you to change it sooner to avail better value of your stock ones.
Old 23rd November 2009, 00:20   #24
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Attila (the hun). Wish you a great ride ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I must say that the colour is just right - the businesslike colour offsets the sporty lines perfectly leaving one with an impression of understated aggression.
I completely and totally agree with that. Understated aggression- but thats more German than Italian!
Some members have had some issues with the glovebox but they're nothing big and the service centre will fix it in no time. Now for your kitty, if you ask me then seat covers are the place to put your kitty down. GT3's are fine and you can easily and comfortably live with them, excessive noise being the only issue but not with me!
Old 4th May 2010, 21:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th May 2010 at 17:05.
arun1100 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th May 2010, 23:26   #26
BHPian

Congrats Atilla. Medium grey suits Linea very well.
I have seen Medium grey in flesh. Linea looks very elegant in this colour.

Tyres - change as soon as possible for a better exchange value for your GT3. Go for Michelin P LC or Conti CPC2 stock size as recommended by the tyre gurus in this forum.
Old 7th May 2010, 23:34   #27
BHPian

Congrats atilla for acquiring the Italian beauty. Medium Grey seems a nice change after withstanding a deluge of red, white and blacks. The color renders it a thorough formal look as if she is all set to attend to those corporate clients.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks