Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 14:24   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul-C View Post
Nice KeyChains you got there!!!

However guys!!!! Is it true that new SX4 comes with L Shaped headrest for rear seats to improve visibility when there is no passenger in the back-seat?
Yes they are, they slide down until they are practically level with the top of the seat back, unlike the old ones which look like two huge rabbit ears from the rear! Not too sure re improved visibility as I haven't sat in the old one, but the visibility in the new one seems fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
I am trying to negotiate with multiple dealers for a discount on the Zxi VVT in Pune
Best I have achieved so far is 10K cash discount ( I don't care for the supposed freebies/accessories from the dealer)

Any better luck on your side?
Not me, best I got was 10K cash discount and 5K on the accessories... I'm still a little on the fence and from your 'What Car' thread I see the same with you...

Maybe early Jan will see better discounts, or maybe the prices will go up!!
Old 10th December 2009, 14:48   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Yes they are, they slide down until they are practically level with the top of the seat back, unlike the old ones which look like two huge rabbit ears from the rear! Not too sure re improved visibility as I haven't sat in the old one, but the visibility in the new one seems fine...
I was wondering if it would be possible to fit the rear headrests of the new SX4 onto the old one.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:13   #48
BHPian

Just driven the VVTi ZXI MT, Agree with Mwalker on most of the observations though I couldnt.Back seat feels lot better, it can accomadate 3 in back seat(no where close to Manza though). Ride is also good I would say a lot better than ANHC, for sure not in Punto/Linea league.With the VVTi drivability has improved a lot. Engine may not be as silent as ANHC but it is no too noisy either even at 110 KM/Hour (loved it ). I felt it bit sluggish in 2nd gear with AC on. Breaking is excellent tried to stop in sand accumulated on ORR marathalli, applied break @80 ... came to stand still in few seconds, no sliding or drifting very confident inspirining. Breaking and ride will only get better with better tyres. Personally I liked the Black Beige combo in older versions. The 10 spoke alloys are defenitly looking better. I couldnt feel any improvments in plastic quality rather than a colour change. AC is a chiller I would say, if not better it is as good as our Baleno, never felt like rear AC vent required.Gear shift - no where close to ANHC, not even Ritz but still felt better than old version.I was able to slot 5th in first attempt without any hiccups same with reverse !!! Reversing is still a pain but parking sensors and the wide side view mirrors and some getting used to would do.
Overall I'm happy with car, but I feel like Maruti could have done these changes when they have launched it couple of years back.

Did I miss something in this car ?
Yes, especially after driving Punto/Linea, MID is badly missing.
Any new findings ?
Sure, great sales man keeps telling me the ground clearence difference between ZXI and VXI is only because of 'MAG' wheels in ZXI, tyre size/ rim diameter is the same it seems though I have never asked him anything about the car.
Will I buys this car?
Not very sure but huge discount of 50K is tempting if similar discuount is available in Kerala sure I will think of it .
My WagonR is KA registerd, but I have decided my next car would be KL.I guess it shouldnt be a problem with frequent visits to my home town. Road tax difference is more than half (6 and 14.5).
And finally I would defenitely go for it if they launch the Xover.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Old 10th December 2009, 16:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Yes, especially after driving Punto/Linea, MID is badly missing.
+1 on that, an MID with just a clock (which is available on most music systems) and a temperature reading is a little meaningless...

Would have loved to see Kms to empty and FE readings...
Old 10th December 2009, 17:42   #50
BHPian

Quote:
+1 on that, an MID with just a clock (which is available on most music systems) and a temperature reading is a little meaningless...

Would have loved to see Kms to empty and FE readings...
i totally agree on that one! though i still doubt what and how much of a purpose would it serve when there are miles to go serve and i love long drives.
Old 10th December 2009, 21:23   #51
BHPian

Im back!
The clutch jerking problem has reduced to quite an extent but now i feel i have to rev the car quite a bit for it to move while on an incline. I also tried reversing up the incline and faced the same problem. The engine isnt so responsive anymore. On level sufaces, sometimes the engine is responsive and sometimes its sluggish. Maybe its just me. Im still trying to keep her under 2.5-3k rpm.
While the car was parked in town, a biker's trying to come outta a parking accidently hit the mirror at probably 20-30kmph. I was expecting the mirror to fold the other way but the damn assembly just broke into pieces. The silver cover in the front flew off, the mirror came off the mount and fell, and the main mount cracked. I was shocked at the flimsy plastic used. Luckily the mirror assembly is just 1.4k(thank god we didnt buy the ANHC) and the glass comes separately incase someone manages to break just that. I came home with all the bits, made clamps inside, did some drilling, filing, screwing and in no time it was back on the car! You can barely make out the damages. Just a small scratch on the side!

EDIT: The tyres are unidirectional and they make quite a bit of noise over 60kmph on tar/concrete roads

Regarding the headrests, yes they can be fixed onto the older sx. The seats in the newer ones are a bit different though!

Atul, I got that keychain as a gift but its available at Model Art for about 250 bucks.. Looks nice but its a bit bulky if you are used to thin keychains.

Last edited by james : 10th December 2009 at 21:33.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
I was wondering if it would be possible to fit the rear headrests of the new SX4 onto the old one.
They should be. Because the shape is changed. Not the mechanism. For me, I will have to think twice because the mine existing one has Leather on them. If I change again I will have to get them Leather covered and I am not sure how will the new leather color match? There is always color difference in two different leather sheets, right??
Old 14th December 2009, 14:54   #53
BHPian

Oh i wonder if anyone has noticed that the rear window glasses do not roll down fully? They go down only 3/4 the length.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I came home with all the bits, made clamps inside, did some drilling, filing, screwing and in no time it was back on the car! You can barely make out the damages. Just a small scratch on the side!
Tough luck, but great job!

Quote:
EDIT: The tyres are unidirectional and they make quite a bit of noise over 60kmph on tar/concrete roads
I'm beginning to think that that's not the case. Looked very carefully at the tyres on a couple of delivery ZXis and the pattern is not a 'V', but instead a '/'. Have confirmed the same from the images on the JK Tyres website here

Based on this I feel that they are not unidirectional, but just a little wierd! James would you be able to upload a pic of your tyre?

Quote:
The clutch jerking problem has reduced to quite an extent but now i feel i have to rev the car quite a bit for it to move while on an incline. I also tried reversing up the incline and faced the same problem. The engine isnt so responsive anymore. On level sufaces, sometimes the engine is responsive and sometimes its sluggish. Maybe its just me. Im still trying to keep her under 2.5-3k rpm.
Quote:
Oh i wonder if anyone has noticed that the rear window glasses do not roll down fully? They go down only 3/4 the length.
NOW you tell me all this, once I have already booked the car , link
Old 15th December 2009, 13:13   #55
BHPian

Tested the music system USB plug during PDI today... Had taken along a 4GB pen drive (80% full) which had a mix of music, documents, videos etc in multiple folders

Plugged-in, the system ran thru it fairly quickly (approx 5 secs) and was soon playing the first track from the first folder.. Not sure how it picks the first track/ folder though.. Controls for moving to next/ previous track and next/ previous folder are quite straightforward...

But I couldn't figure out how to display the file or folder name, oh and yes forgot to check the steering controls.. Damn!

Otherwise PDI done, Form 20 filled with chassis number and payment completed :-)
Old 15th December 2009, 14:09   #56
BHPian

I stand corrected! The tires are not unidirectional! For some weird reason i kept thinking of the tyres on the lancer..lol..

Congrats on getting the car! That was quite quick. Which colour? AND freebies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker
But I couldn't figure out how to display the file or folder name, oh and yes forgot to check the steering controls.. Damn!
I spent quite some time trying to figure this out myself! Sadly there is no way to make it display the file name. Folder name is possible but not file name! :(
Sometimes the system will refuse to read the usb if you switch off the car during a song and start it up again after a while. It says USB ERROR. You need to restart the system i.e., switch on off and on!

I love the mute button! it actually works as pause and not mute!

Last edited by james : 15th December 2009 at 14:11.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on getting the car! That was quite quick. Which colour? AND freebies?
Thanks! Have posted on the "I booked my car thread", but basically 5K accessories (used for basic stuff: floor mats, 3M films and underbody coat) and 15K cash discount...

Re colour, this post-PDI pic should clarify! Also shows the '/' tyre tread clearly...
SX4 ZXi AT Test "Ride" , VXi MT Test Drive-sx4small.jpg

Also had asked for 3M underbody coat in wheel arches after removing the plastic covering fixed there. MGA guy told me not needed as there is a rubberised coating there already (under the plastic sheet)...

Checked and seems to true! Good thinking by Maruti if so!!
Old 16th December 2009, 07:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Tough luck, but great job!

I'm beginning to think that that's not the case. Looked very carefully at the tyres on a couple of delivery ZXis and the pattern is not a 'V', but instead a '/'. Have confirmed the same from the images on the JK Tyres website here

Based on this I feel that they are not unidirectional, but just a little wierd! James would you be able to upload a pic of your tyre?

NOW you tell me all this, once I have already booked the car , link

At least you know it before you bring it home mate, I realized it when I got my SX4 VVT home on Monday (you may check my new thread in the initial ownership sub forum). At the time of the TD, I did not roll down the rear windows. But then with ACC on, the windows will mostly be rolled up.
Old 17th December 2009, 23:02   #59
BHPian

ZXi Spare is Alloy

Was reading posts in the "What Car" forum that suggested that the spare in some cars like Linea and Fiesta is not an alloy wheel. Can't comment on that as I haven't looked at these cars that closely, was a bit surprised to read this frankly..

But rest assured that the spare in the ZXi is also an alloy wheel.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:37   #60
BHPian

Congrats on the silver beauty, mrwalker! I like that colour!

Have i mentioned how much i love the ground clearance? I backed the car up into the garage. The rear cleared 2 steps and is sticking into the veranda! There is still some gap between the mudflap and step!
SX4 ZXi AT Test "Ride" , VXi MT Test Drive-zx.jpg

Last edited by james : 18th December 2009 at 13:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks