Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 13:48   #1
BHPian

i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof

Hi BHPians,

I am Rahul from Trivandrum and I am a newbie at Team BHP. I am so glad and excited to be at team BHP and even more excited to tell you that I have bought a new i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof on last Friday(04/12/09) from Popular Hyundai. Wonderful car with superb built quality, both interiors and exteriors. Three days of drive around the city was more than enough to convince me that the 1.2 Kappa is far superior than other hatchbacks in this segment. I used to own a Santro Xing AT 2004 Model which was bought in Feb 2004 from Hilton Hyundai at a price of 4.5 lacs(on road). It was a nice car and we have not driven it much. The total mileage at the time of sale(sold on 01/12/09) was just 32,569 KMs. Luckily we got a superb deal from an AT enthusiast and we sold it to him for 2.5 lacs. Many people were ready to offer us 1.5-1.8 lacs for our old Santro. But this guy popped out of nowhere and offered us 2.5, which to be honest was a mind blowing price for us.

Dealer: Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum The dealer was very warm and had a courteous approach throughout the deal. The executives were professional and friendly in their approach and were patient enough to explain the whole car in detail at the time of delivery. That was something which I have not experienced when I bought my Santro AT from Hilton Hyundai. I have had a horrible experience with them. Anyways I will be posting about Hilton Hyundai's arrogant approach in the Dealership forum soon. Popular Hyundai was kind enough to arrange a poojari for the car puja at the time of delivery and they even took a snap of mine with the new car. It was an awesome experience, made me feel that I was very important for them. One probable reason would be the checklist that I have taken from Team BHP. I had taken a print of the same and was checking the car top to bottom with the help of Team BHPs checklist. This must have spooked them and made them think that I am no ordinary customer. Thanks to Team BHP for this.

Drive Experience:

1. The Grey beauty was waiting for me at the delivery porch. Unlocked the car with the remote control key and the lights blinked twice. I was overwhelmed just by seeing that. Kept my excitement down, got inside the car. The new car smell was intoxicating, it gave me a feeling that I am going to trip for a while. I love the smell of new cars even though my folks hates the same.

2. Inserted the key and switched on the car. All warning lights viz Battery, ABS, EPS, Oil etc lit up telling me, Rahul i10 is ready for the takeoff. Felt the black leather covered 3 spoke steering wheel, a European car feel. Adjusted the steering to my height. Seats are really comfortable with amble headrest height. Glance the dash and I could see the SRS Airbag engraving on the passenger side dash and the steering wheel. Pulled down the windows from the power window console at the driver side. The driver side window is automatic and had to keep the other three window switches pressed.

3. The most exciting part(Sunroof). The sunroof controls are placed above the rear view mirror with 3 functions. Open, Close and Slide Up. Opened the sunroof and bright sunlight brightened the cockpit. The beige interiors was glowing and had a special look, thanks to the sunroof.

4. The center console with 2 Din integrated MP3 player gave the car a special look and feel. The black colored MP3 console stands out in the beige dash. The speakers are within the door and some light music from the FM with good bass was being played. The bass gave an extra ambiance to the interiors, for a sec thought I was at a theater. The A/C controls looked good. So far so good.

5. The Automatic Shift lever is just below the MP3 player and positioned in the center console. Was very comfy in holding the beige leather covered lever with P, R, N, D, 2 & L shift positions. Then i noticed the 12V outlet neatly tucked in below the A/C controls, woh that was something I did not expect. My excitement was about to blow out of the sunroof but held it back somehow.

6. All good to go, released the beige leather covered handbrake, placed my feat on the brake pedal. Started the engine and it came to life. The engine was humming with a light tone and no vibrations.

7. Shifted from Park to Drive and released the brake. The car started moving and slowly rolled out from the delivery area. Got out of the dealership and was onto the road. Double checked and made sure no vehicles were on the road. Pressed the throttle and the car responded quiet well, remember no vibrations so far, the car was sailing on the road with a light humming tone. After about a min or close to 2 min I was shocked seeing the speedo, I was cruising at 80 KMPH @ just below 2000 RPM. The climb from 0-80 was smooth like a butter that I have not even noticed it. Amazing!! I knew this is no ordinary engine compared to the Santro AT. The high torque 80 ps Kappa is powerful enough to overtake most of the cars on road and that too with ease.

8. Pulled up the windows and closed the sunroof. Time to check the A/C. Turned the blower to level 2 and switched on the A/C. Within seconds I could feel the cool air coming out of the vents and about after a min the whole cabin was cool enough. The A/C is far better and more powerful than what I have experienced in the Santro AT. Reached home after 15 mins and my excitement levels were still rising. I could feel the adrenaline rush for more. So took the car for another drive to the highway. This time I was cruising with the world behind me and reached my personal top speed of 110 kmph @2500 RPM, if i remember correctly.

I would definitely recommend this car to everyone who loves automatic transmissions. Ok, my excitement levels have not gone down yet. So I am attaching couple of pics. Enjoy BHPians.. More posts about my i10 experience later.
Attached Thumbnails
i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof-i10-auto-asta-1.2diagonal-view.jpg  

i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof-i10-auto-asta-1.2rear-diagonal-view.jpg  

i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof-dsc00121.jpg  

i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof-dsc00127.jpg  

i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof-image016.jpg  

i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof-i10-auto-asta-1.2sunroof.jpg  

i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof-image024.jpg  

i10 Asta Automatic with Sunroof-image027.jpg  

Last edited by tsk1979 : 8th December 2009 at 10:25.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:24   #2
BHPian

Did something go wrong with my post? Where did the formatting vanish? Oh great it looks shabby now. Any help guys?
Old 7th December 2009, 16:44   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulananda View Post
Did something go wrong with my post? Where did the formatting vanish? Oh great it looks shabby now. Any help guys?
Yup, definitely something wrong. It is impossible to read what you have written. Did you copy paste from notepad or word? I would suggest you trying writing a new post or starting a new thread. Use the editor on this forum to type out your post.

Once you do that, just drop a note/PM to one of the mods and they should do the needful.

Finally, congrats on the new car. AT is a great buy for our city conditions. Would love to hear more about your experiences on the AT, especially with regards to pick up and driving comfort. All the best with the car.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

@Rahul- Congratulations!! Good choice of car, What's the FE you get?
Old 7th December 2009, 16:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

man what is this...From where i have to start reading. I am fully confused now. Do as what the otehr hacve told you. In the meanwhile the sunroof i10 looks fantastic.Congrats
Old 7th December 2009, 17:27   #6
BHPian

@herculesksp: Thanks for the replay and suggestion mate. I have not copied from Notepad nor Word pad. My bad luck, the editing time ran out after the post. I guess its something to do with my browser at office. Even though its Firefox/3.0.3 I believe the Norton Security system must have disabled some cookies/scripts from Team-BHP. Anyways, Thanks for the suggestion mate. Will have to get in touch with the support team and find out. In the meantime I will try to post a new thread from my Home PC. Will definitely keep you posted on my i10 AT experience. @.anshuman: Thanks mate. I have got around 8.0-9.0(city w. A/C) approx within this 3 days of driving. I am expecting a rise to 11-12 post first service. But great car to drive. @shishir_bn: Sorry mate. Guess I have experienced some tech snag. Probably due to the Norton Security. I will certainly get this rectified and keep you posted. Thanks for you reply.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:50   #7
BHPian

Congrats Rahul & welcome to the ever growing tribe of us i10 AT owners. Lovely car you got there. Are you planning to change to alloys and wider tyres? If yes, do so soon, so that you get the best buyback price offer.

Have fun & drive safe!
Old 7th December 2009, 19:48   #8
BHPian

@rahul: even your reply is cluttered without paragraphs. I suppose you didn't intend it that way either? :P

Look up one of the other threads and PM one of the mods. Maybe you can send them the original text in the PM (from home please) and they can update the thread. Of course, first check with them if that is the way they want to tackle the issue.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
@rahul: even your reply is cluttered without paragraphs. I suppose you didn't intend it that way either? :P
True Mate. Now I am back home and tried the same thing from here. Found that my office PC is the culprit. Norton Enterprise Security to be specific. Norton disables the scripts/cookies/ActiveX of various sites. Since I don't have the admin rights, cant add Team BHP to exceptions list. Will have to ask the admin to add Team BHP as an Exception. Yup, I am gonna find the Mod's from the other posts and send them a PM. Thanks a ton mate for your suggestion. I will get this rectified soon.

Regards

Rahul
Old 7th December 2009, 22:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rahul !

My suggestions - get the following:

A good set of alloys + tires (already replied to your post in my thread) and see this baby zoom!

Sun films - the large glass area is a hindrance to good AC cooling in summer.

Seatcovers - get rid of the plastics and put on some nice seat covers.

interior + dashboard cleaner solution - the dash and other beige area can get incredibly dirty in no time, so invest in a good upholstery + leather cleaner, and try to drive with windows rolled up ( I still cannot resist the temptation of wind in my hair @ 120 kmph )

Post your FE once you have completed 3-4 tankfuls.
Old 7th December 2009, 23:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats Rahul !

My suggestions - get the following:

A good set of alloys + tires (already replied to your post in my thread) and see this baby zoom!

Sun films - the large glass area is a hindrance to good AC cooling in summer.

Seatcovers - get rid of the plastics and put on some nice seat covers.

interior + dashboard cleaner solution - the dash and other beige area can get incredibly dirty in no time, so invest in a good upholstery + leather cleaner, and try to drive with windows rolled up ( I still cannot resist the temptation of wind in my hair @ 120 kmph ) -

Post your FE once you have completed 3-4 tankfuls.

Thanks bro and I am really happy that we bought the i10. One quick fact, my i10 Asta AT is the first of its kind here in Trivandrum(claimed by the dealer). I believe them, because of people's general attitude towards the AT car. People think AT's are only designed for physically challenged people. They used to mock at previous my Santro Xing AT(again the first fairy leaf color from the Santro stable in Trivandrum ). I guess my dad and me are trendsetters of Hyundai's Special Models in Trivandrum ;-). The Fairy Leaf(summer green color) Santro Xing AT was my dad's choice and the i10 Asta AT is mine. People started buying the Fairy Leaf color after we bought it and 3 to 4 guys at my office is planning to book the i10 Asta AT. Anyways, I am the first proud owner of i10 Asta AT in Trivandrum.
  1. I am seriously thinking of it Sid, specially after I saw your wheel set. I am thinking of the same Tire with a different alloy. Well getting a Yokohama here in Trivandrum is way too tough. What would you have gone for if it was not yokohama. Turanza or Energy XM's?)
  2. Well mate the summer is hardly hot here in Kerala. Thanks to the ample humidity. I hope the A/C cooling would not be affected that much. By the way I have applied Dark Grey tints for my windows. Planning to get the same colored Anti-Glare film for my windshield, thanks to the lunatic drivers here who constantly blinds the other drivers with their bright light.Any suggestions?
  3. Yup, I already have the blues about my upholstery without the seat covers . Need to do that by this weekend.
  4. Sure bro thanks for the suggestion. The last thing I wanna have in my car is stained dash and upholstery. True 120 in this baby is a walk in the park
  5. Oh yeah, I have read the post about i10 AT FE. Gave me the jitters. I will have to start it from tomorrow. I am almost at reserve. Once the light blinks, fill up and do the math. ;-)
Old 7th December 2009, 23:31   #12
BHPian

@anilkalvani: Definitely Anil. All thanks to blackasta. Thanks for the suggestion Anil. As the tires are new I might get a very buyback offer. Since I am put up in Trivandrum I will have to do some serious Tires/Alloys dealers research. There are quiet a few who operates here just for the sake of it. The mechanics are more or less amateurs. So I need to find the experts here or take it to some motoring avenues in Cochin.
Old 8th December 2009, 00:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to see an i10 Asta A/T in Kolkata itself !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulananda View Post
  1. I am seriously thinking of it Sid, specially after I saw your wheel set. I am thinking of the same Tire with a different alloy. Well getting a Yokohama here in Trivandrum is way too tough. What would you have gone for if it was not yokohama. Turanza or Energy XM's?)

Now that Yokohama is officially in India, I think you should not have that much of a problem. I would have gone for Michelin energy xm1+ / yoko a-drive / Pirelli. I was eying the Michelin/Yoko A while the dealer suggested Pirelli. But on the D day yoko ES100s upset all the equation! But I have heard that Turanzas are hardy tires. Check the tire and alloy wheels forum for more.

2. Well mate the summer is hardly hot here in Kerala. Thanks to the ample humidity. I hope the A/C cooling would not be affected that much. By the way I have applied Dark Grey tints for my windows. Planning to get the same colored Anti-Glare film for my windshield, thanks to the lunatic drivers here who constantly blinds the other drivers with their bright light.Any suggestions?

I got llumar silver series (70 i guess) for sides and llumar air75 for my front. You may try 3m/llumar/vkool. But I am not really sure that you would appreciate colored front film - they do affect your vision at night

3. Yup, I already have the blues about my upholstery without the seat covers . Need to do that by this weekend.

Great!

4. Sure bro thanks for the suggestion. The last thing I wanna have in my car is stained dash and upholstery. True 120 in this baby is a walk in the park

Don't try pushing it too hard on the stock tires!

5. Oh yeah, I have read the post about i10 AT FE. Gave me the jitters. I will have to start it from tomorrow. I am almost at reserve. Once the light blinks, fill up and do the math. ;-)

Don't let the initial FE scare you. Drive sensibly, and watch your FE improve!

Old 8th December 2009, 11:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the best AT hatchback (available in India).

Nice color choice, do keep us posted on the FE.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:16   #15

Congratulations Rahul and we are waiting for the same car but in Sportz variant.

Booked the car on 19th November and Thanks to idiotic dealer (Talwar Hyundai) in Hyderabad and still we are waiting for it...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks