Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 19:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvnr06 View Post
Congratulations Rahul and we are waiting for the same car but in Sportz variant.

Booked the car on 19th November and Thanks to idiotic dealer (Talwar Hyundai) in Hyderabad and still we are waiting for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Congrats on the best AT hatchback (available in India).

Nice color choice, do keep us posted on the FE.
Thanks for the compliment guys, I really appreciate it. The color is Oyster Grey and I believe that it has a modern look compared to the rest of the colors in the i10 stable. Will keep you posted on the FE.
Old 8th December 2009, 19:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Rahul and we are waiting for the same car but in Sportz variant.

Booked the car on 19th November and Thanks to idiotic dealer (Talwar Hyundai) in Hyderabad and still we are waiting for it...
Sorry mate, missed this. Congrats on your new purchase. Booked on 19th November and still haven't received the car . That is a long wait mate. It should not take that much time. My dealer(Popular Hyundai,Trivandrum) got the Asta in a week's time, booked the car on 29th Nov'09 and the car was delivered to us by 04Dec'09. I thought the car would take at least a month for the delivery. A week's time was a big surprise for us.

What is the justification given by the dealer for the delivery latency?
Old 8th December 2009, 20:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulananda View Post
Sorry mate, missed this. Congrats on your new purchase. Booked on 19th November and still haven't received the car . That is a long wait mate. It should not take that much time. My dealer(Popular Hyundai,Trivandrum) got the Asta in a week's time, booked the car on 29th Nov'09 and the car was delivered to us by 04Dec'09. I thought the car would take at least a month for the delivery. A week's time was a big surprise for us.

What is the justification given by the dealer for the delivery latency?
Not to worry - I got my car after waiting for exactly a month. According to the car VIN, the car was manufactured on 11th august, where as i booked it on 29th July. It reached the dealership on 25th august, and I got delivery on 2nd September
Old 8th December 2009, 21:06   #19
BHPian

@blackasta: Woh mate, one month? Guess I got lucky with the delivery period. Hope I will be lucky in the FE. One quick note about the FE. I remember that I had filled up 10 lts of petrol 2 days back when the fuel warning indicator lit up. Today I have noticed that the needle was just above E and I have already clocked 84.5 KMS in 2 days time. I am eagerly waiting for the fuel warning indicator and check the trip. Will let you know approx FE soon. I would get the real average once I start doing what you have suggested.
Old 8th December 2009, 21:20   #20
BHPian

i10 AT is a work of art car, drive it smoothly and you wil get a decent FE. My friend owns one here and he is geting 12kmpl in city which is very decent
Old 9th December 2009, 13:35   #21

Yes Rahul, The justification they gave me was horrible (Sir, they gave your car to someone who was on priority list) and that's the reason I said Talwar Hyundai is an idiotic dealer. They told me that the car is in transit and if you can book it immediately it will deliver in 2-3 days. How can a car booked by me ... that to on transit became a priority car for other person.

As of now I am almost canceled the car from them and trying from a different dealer - Lakshmi Hyundai who is supposed to be good (as I heard) and letc what they do now.

Thought of canceling the car from Hyundai itself but there were no option for me in A/T segment so waiting to hear from them (hope this is not a bad selection in the end)
Old 9th December 2009, 23:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
(Sir, they gave your car to someone who was on priority list) and that's the reason I said Talwar Hyundai is an idiotic dealer.

That is total bollocks mate. How can Hyundai deliver a booked car to someone who is on priority list? Well i suggest you to cancel the deal if its been more than a month. If not hold on for some more time and in the mean time you bargain with the dealer to get you some free accessories or additional discount. You can spook them by threatening a cancellation
Old 9th December 2009, 23:32   #23
BHPian

Ok BHPians I have zeroed in on the tires and rims. I am going for the Bridgestone Potenza GIII 175/65 R 14 H with 14" Platis. Well I might change the Plati wheels decision if I find better wheels on the showroom(as promised by the showroom executive). Some news about FE. The below fill-up was done when the fuel warning indicator was lit up first and the calculation was done when the Fuel Warning Lamp lit after the fill-up.
1st Fill => 10 Ltrs - 89.1 KMS FE = 8.91 KMPL (Drive was mostly in the city and partially on the highway with 75% AC).

Filled up 20 Lts today and clocked 36.5 KMS(25% city, 75% highway) today. Will post the FE at the next Fuel Warning light up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks