Team-BHP - Hyundai i20 Asta - The initial days
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Hyundai i20 Asta - The initial days (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/71056-hyundai-i20-asta-initial-days-2.html)

Be sure to get alignment done immediately after suspension work. Or you risk major uneven wear on your tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jraj (Post 1627181)

hi jraj I understand your point. Even Many other cars would have similar issues, other manufacturers sells so many of them to the masses and many dont report issues like we do on public forums. I strongly suggest you get in touch with top brass of Hyundai india thru their website or make repeated calls untill they get back. Any mfr wouldn't dare to spoil their reputation on the internet, where so many potential buyers research.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsan02 (Post 1627292)
hi jraj I understand your point. Even Many other cars would have similar issues, other manufacturers sells so many of them to the masses and many dont report issues like we do on public forums. I strongly suggest you get in touch with top brass of Hyundai india thru their website or make repeated calls untill they get back. Any mfr wouldn't dare to spoil their reputation on the internet, where so many potential buyers research.

Well i did mail hyundai at their customer care mail id complaining about the lack of robust quality check controls at their end which allowed this to happen. All they did was to forward the mail to the service manager at hmp and ask him to rectify the situation.

The hyundai people seem to not really want to acknowledge the issue!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsan02 (Post 1627292)
I strongly suggest you get in touch with top brass of Hyundai india thru their website or make repeated calls untill they get back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mubeen (Post 1628331)
The hyundai people seem to not really want to acknowledge the issue!!

That exactly is my point as well.All I wanted was to discuss about this issue with someone from Hyundai.They just arent willing to accept this issue at all.Everytime I send a mail to them,its logged as a complaint against the dealer and I get calls from the dealer end.

Apparently,the dealer didnt assemble this car isnt it?

Congrats on the buy. More fortunate to have your son & car at the same day.
Nice pics indeed. Need more of interiors as well. Planning to upgrade your tires?

Need not worry of your visits to dealer. These are just minor niggles.

A pic of your petra will do the justice.

Congrats...

I was wondering how come i was not able to view your i20 review although you have posted lots of useful inputs in other threads.

Now about the Hyundai and its so called dealers.. Its like a Donkey at the Top having a Monkey workforce. All they do is redirect you to the respective zonal offices. Frankly these guys cannot trace down any problems.

You should create a good rapo with the Service Manger + Technician and they will able to help you crossing their limits.

About acknowledging the faults, they never do it in India but if you browse around hyundai specific forums you can find lots of info about the problems in i10 & i20.

The known problem with i20's were/are

1. Getting Stuck Reverse Gear (1.2 models)
2. Tyre Valves
3. knocking sound when drives on rough roads etc...

Some features (if you can call this as a feature) like vanity mirror is missing in the car although its mentioned in the Brochure . I have asked the same, if they are not providing C.C is the only option.

As an Owner i'm happy with my car, but the support from Hyundai is not up to the mark.

Ramsagar,Thanks for the comments.Have uploaded pics of my Petra in my garrage.I will be getting Hella's installed this weekend on my Petra and will post fresh set of pics.

Wildon,Venkatesh at HMP - Chennai,seems a capable guy.So far,my interactions with him have been very good.Could well be one of the reasons why I am yet to blow my fuse.Same goes with Hari at SuryaBala Hyundai too.

In my case,I am pissed off with HMIL and not the dealers.They can only do so much to fix something that comes as a nuisance with the car from factory.My friend,who booked his i20 Asta along with me,too got his bush changed last weekend at Coimbatore for exactly the same problem.

Also on your quest for alarm for the OE security system,the guy from Autocop at HMP informed that he can get the alarm fixed.Apparently he cant just sell the alarm alone and hence I will have to buy the entire unit for 3.2k,but he said he will make the alarm work with our existing setup itself.I do have a spare alarm lying with me,but what put me off was the requirement to cut off some wires.As the work will be carried out from HMP only I guess there wont be any warranty issues.But still caught in double mind

Jraj, Don't worry too much. All the new models has some initial problem in manufacturing, be it GP or I20. Things gets rectified after some period when some compaints are received by manufacturer.
Hope this time every thing will be resolved.

While I agree that there maybe some initial niggles, I’d be very put off too if I had to visit the workshop 4 times in 68 days. The anguish of thinking if you made the right decision, whether or not the repair done will work this time.

The expectation from a customer perspective should definitely be first time right. I hope it all works out soon for you jraj.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevGin (Post 1632599)
While I agree that there maybe some initial niggles, I’d be very put off too if I had to visit the workshop 4 times in 68 days.

Thanks for the wishes NevGin.
Couldnt agree more with you.For me the novelty of the new car has already been lost just as it begun.Nothing could bring that back to me.

So finally some good news.

Picked up the car back from HMP today morning.Was told that someone from Hyundai had inspected the car last Friday and they decided to change the steering rack in my car.This news did soothe things as I felt finally the issue is getting attended to by HMIL themselves.The rack reached HMP on Saturday morning and the work was completed on the same day.

With that,they claim the issue is gone.HMP had done around 40kms TD on the car and they said the issue is solved and wont re-occur.I would like to believe them.While coming to office I drove with music turned off.The car felt much different,ofcourse for better,than when it was even on the first day.

However would hold on for a week and keep her under observation.

But was mighty impressed with Venkatesh - Service Executive and Vasudevan CRM at HMP.They handled this issue very smoothly and that has given me a lot of confidence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jraj (Post 1633878)
So finally some good news.

Picked up the car back from HMP today morning.Was told that someone from Hyundai had inspected the car last Friday and they decided to change the steering rack in my car.This news did soothe things as I felt finally the issue is getting attended to by HMIL themselves.The rack reached HMP on Saturday morning and the work was completed on the same day.

With that,they claim the issue is gone.HMP had done around 40kms TD on the car and they said the issue is solved and wont re-occur.I would like to believe them.While coming to office I drove with music turned off.The car felt much different,ofcourse for better,than when it was even on the first day.

However would hold on for a week and keep her under observation.

But was mighty impressed with Venkatesh - Service Executive and Vasudevan CRM at HMP.They handled this issue very smoothly and that has given me a lot of confidence.

I need to know two things

1. Have you asked them for some documentary proof of change of steering rack under warranty? ( I ask this because the guys at HMP told me the same thing, when i asked for some documentation Venkatesh told me that since this is a new car Hyundai has changed the steering column but it will not show anywhere in my cars service history in their computers nor will i get any documentation mentioning the same)

2. Does the steering feel heavier after the changeover???

1>Venkatesh told me,this change will be on the system and will be recorded in my car's service history.But the bill I received,didnt contain this info
2>Nope,the steering didnt feel heavy.Its light as usual

Quote:

Originally Posted by jraj (Post 1634308)
1>Venkatesh told me,this change will be on the system and will be recorded in my car's service history.But the bill I received,didnt contain this info
2>Nope,the steering didnt feel heavy.Its light as usual

Well as long as your steering is light and easy and you have no rattles its all cool. When you do take your car over for the next service try to get a peek into the system to double check his statement. Any changes of spare parts weather in warranty or otherwise MUST show up in the bill given to the customer.

If replacement is under warranty then the bill will mention zero in the value column.

There is no way they cant give you a record of the replacement and as in my case not have such info mentioned in the system either!!

It could only mean they have NOT changed the steering assembly but rather worked on the existing steering column.

Either ways hope the rattling does not come back and happy driving to you.

I on the other hand have a tighter than i would be happy with steering (Read: Not as light as it was when i first got the car). Vasudevan did allow me to drive the TD car and it did feel lighter. However these things cant be quantified and unless i find an i20 that has a steering thats super light i'll just have to grin and bear it!! :Frustrati

..With the rattling issue solved now,enjoying the i20 thoroughly.Drove down to hometown for Christmas and took few pics