Team-BHP - The Hawk has Landed 2.2 mHawk 4WD ..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Hawk has Landed 2.2 mHawk 4WD .. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/71226-hawk-has-landed-2-2-mhawk-4wd-7.html)

SS-Traveller -- Thanks a lot sir, will keep this thing in mind...

Thanks Ananth, no probs , yes, great minds think alike.. like i said earlier in your thread , let me know some good shops in Coimbatore .

Thanks MC , will keep that in mind.

4x4 - yes, next time i need to be more careful , and have to throughly go through the job card before signing it.

Thanks Raj....

Rajesh -- Still not reached the 5K mark ??.. chi chi chi ....:Dlol:

Cheers
Raghu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vraghuz (Post 1712506)
Thanks Ananth, no probs , yes, great minds think alike.. like i said earlier in your thread , let me know some good shops in Coimbatore .
Cheers
Raghu.

My office driver swears by a place called "Sun Combine" near the old RTO. We got our office Innova done there and it was looking very neat - seat covers, sun film, flooring etc. My boss got his Fortuner done there a couple of weeks back - haven't taken a ride in the Fortuner after the work though.

Post some fresh pictures please.

Hi All,

Last 2 months have been really hectic , !!!! with frequent trips to God's own Country ... The Hawk behaved like a dream, no hussles or complaints...

Next Project , need to do some Thermal Protection for the Roof and Firewall side, since the Severe Heat and Humidy in Kerala was really a testing sometime...

Total Distance Covered so far 8755 ...:D

A Few Pics..taken near my Home

Cheers
Raghu..

Raghu,

I have started noticing a clicking sound near the gear stick when I depress the brake and the vehicle is in P. Common sense tells me that this is the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) at work. But the question that is popping in my head is why haven't it heard the sound thus far then. I am one of those guys who keep their ears open for car sounds at all times - so it is highly improbable that it always made the noise but I just didn't hear it. Does your vehicle do that as well?

Yes, sometime when i apply brakes i hear this click sometimes, although i really did not cared about it .. let me keep my ears to the ground then and i will revert...

Raghu.

really neat i must say, awesome background too!!!

Spike

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananth_iy (Post 1765411)
Raghu,

I have started noticing a clicking sound near the gear stick when I depress the brake and the vehicle is in P. Common sense tells me that this is the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) at work. ....

His Scorpio is manual and not AT, yes I too hear the Clicking sound when its is "P" mode and I press the break, I told the service center and they said its normal in case you don't hear the sound and the are not able to move the stick from "P" position open the small cover given and will see a manual lock to release.
The click sound is too high for just brake release lock, I will take up again with service center, but now I feel I am not alone with this problem clap:

-Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by vraghuz (Post 1765304)
Hi All,

Next Project , need to do some Thermal Protection for the Roof and Firewall side, since the Severe Heat and Humidy in Kerala was really a testing sometime...

Beast looks awesome.

You mean the A/c is not sufficient? Do you think having the A/c on roof would really help the 3rd row passengers? Are it is unbearable for even the Driver ?

As you know black color absorbs sun rays which would keep the beast warm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramods (Post 1766313)
His Scorpio is manual and not AT, yes I too hear the Clicking sound when its is "P" mode and I press the break, I told the service center and they said its normal in case you don't hear the sound and the are not able to move the stick from "P" position open the small cover given and will see a manual lock to release.
The click sound is too high for just brake release lock, I will take up again with service center, but now I feel I am not alone with this problem clap:

-Pramod

Great. I felt that the Service Center would say that. Maybe I should try that manual lock release to see if it resets anything. What do you say? I thought I had read documentation about it in one of the manuals but couldn't find it last night - it is not in that small Automatic booklet, right? Where can I find it?

My thought would be not to use that manual lock, It just for emergency, but all the emergency equipment need to be checked to make sure it works!! better to try that at service center or let them try/demonstrate that feature, so incase anything unwanted happen they would be able to FIX then and there.

-Pramod

Carbhp,

A/c was ok , i kept the a/c in 1 ,i would say the v-kool was doing a damn good job.. the cooling was good, but the beast was lying in the direct sun path for 2hrs and it was boiling hot when i entered inside and as i drive barefoot, i could not keep my legs near the firewall, it was a little too hot !!!

This was only for driver where as all the passenger's were quite happy. no need for the roof top A/c..
so im thinking to do some extra thermal covering in the firewall side and under the foot and maybe a little in the Roof...

Raghu.

Dear All.

Done Second Service at 10300KM today..

Gear Box Oil Change -- 350.00
Interior Cleaning -- 600.00

What else...?????

So far no issues , no rattling , misbehaviour...Hawk is Performing Perfectly... :D

Cheers
Raghu.

its behaving the way a scorpio should!

Raj,

Yes, Exactly , the more i drive the more im in Love with the Hawk...!!!

Raghu...