Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 14:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Goto a second hand car dealer.
Check out how the car ages, looks like, feels and of course a fair idea on the resale value as well.
Im not sure how effective this is. I've been to many 2nd hand dealers when my friend was looking for a car.

All these guys buy 2nd hand cars, repair/paint/polish them and then keep them on display. So what you see at such places is usually not the way a privately owned car will look and drive after it has aged.

Shan2nu
Old 28th December 2009, 14:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

I bought all my cars without a TD. However I will have the preference in mind before going in for the new car. Also I used to read reviews from all available sources and lately it was from TBHP.
Most TD cars may be new and definitely you may feel better than what you have been driving as on date. Imo, it is better to know the car, its features, interior, ice, comfort etc than just driving a few kms(any difference will be felt just by driving 5/6 kms?)
Old 28th December 2009, 15:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

TD is essential or becomes almost mandatory criteria when you have multiple choices of cars with same specs - Swift, Indica, Punto. On similar spec cars you chose the one which is most comfortable for you to use. Hence test driving becomes mandatory. Even otherwise test drive is essential to make sure that you like the car you are buying as you need to be with it for 1-4 hrs each day (Based on time to commute ) for next 3-5 years or more.
Old 28th December 2009, 23:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
On a lighter note, its like arranged marriage no matter how much time you spend before marriage and talk on the phone, you get to know the finer points come out only after you are in one.
, I loved the scorpio until I TD a Scorpio. TD changed my views, great engine but comfort was not present and me being 6'3 was struggling.
Did not like the Safari but after the TD just fallen in love. You must TD before buying any vehicle.

Most Viewed