Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 21:16   #1
BHPian

My New ANHC: 1000 Kms Review

Cars Considered: I started looking for a good sedan for my daily commute, which is 15 kms oneway. I wanted to have a car with fast pickup, good comfort features and excellent after sales service. Initially I shortlisted the following cars:
Ford Fiesta: As I read through the Team BHP forum, several owners were very happy with Fiesta 1.6S and went to showroom to look at the car. I saw a three month old car with disc brakes rusted and also the dealer did not have the test drive car. Came back home and searched the forum for problems and found some members have had some niggling issues and (if I remember correctly) two people also had rusting issues. The A.S.S. is not very good as members reviews, hence this car was out of my list.
Fiat Linea: The car really I liked very much. It had all the comfort features that I wanted. But the other two which I considered most, the pickup and the A.S.S. was not very high with the members. Also, few of the members had the quality issues. Hence, with my heavy heart I had to drop this car too.
ANHC: Everyone in the forum was very happy with their car. I also considered this one, since it has a very good pickup. But, the comfort features (such as leather seats, ACC, keyless key with trunk opening button, bluetooth etc.) and the A.S.S. according to the Team BHP's test drive report was not high. But I went through all the members' reviews and found no information related to A.S.S. Hence, I kept this on third preference.
VVT-SX4: I liked this car very much. It had almost all the features I would like to have in my car except no footrest and the center arm rest (most important). It had very good pickup, smooth engine, but mileage was not good. Hence, I kept this in second choice.
Corolla Altis: I really liked this car very much. The drive, features, A.S.S. are excellent. It was my first choice.

Decision Making: Corolla altis had to be rejected due to the space requirements for parking and driving around my flat. SX4 appearance (according to me) was not impressive. I read through the Team BHP and waited until Dec. 1st for the discounts (around Rs. 30K), and the dealer was ready to give only Rs. 21K. Also, in spite of contacting several times, the dealer did not arrange for the test drive. Also, I inquired about this car to my cousin who owns it, and was not highly recommended. It gives a poor mileage. Hence, this was rejected. I went back to the ANHC, checked the dealer's service center and talked to the service techs. and the A.S.S. might not be bad. Hence, I compromised on some of the comfort features and decided to go for ANHC. I called Pearl Honda, Gurgaon and the sales person, Mr. Hemant, arranged a test drive within 30 minutes, came home and very helpful. He came to my home every time and took me to the workshop two times (20 kms oneway) and gave all the possible deals without any bargaining. I really liked the way the dealership, esp. Hemant, treated me and decided to book ANHC with them. I got ANHC to home on 13th December.
Driving Impression and First 1000 Kms:
My heistation on ANHC vanished in no time. When I drove the car for first two days, my feelings turned towards very positive. I filled nitrogen air in the wheels. I really enjoy the powerful engine, silky smooth transmission, fast pickup etc. Daily commute gives me around 16 kmpl. (It is not B2B traffic, the speed is around 50 kmph). The car brakes in line and has excellent braking capabilities. I did not find the GC a problem on the speed brakers. I cannot comment about pot holes, since I did not come across any bad ones. I had taken the car for a long drive and the car is really superb.
1000 Kms Service:
I called the sales rep. "Hemant" and told for the first service. Their driver came in the morning and picked the car at 11 am and droped back at 4 pm at my home. The bill I paid was Rs. 0. The car was washed nicely and vaccumed. I do not feel any difference before and after the service. Since, I do not find any difference or problems, I assume the service at least the customer care part is excellent. I would recommend anyone to Pearl Honda Gurgaon.
I will update more when I get more experience. Here are some photos that I had taken in night.
Attached Thumbnails
My New ANHC: 1000 Kms Review-anhc1.jpg  

My New ANHC: 1000 Kms Review-anhc2.jpg  

My New ANHC: 1000 Kms Review-anhc3.jpg  

My New ANHC: 1000 Kms Review-anhc4.jpg  

Old 31st December 2009, 21:50   #2
BHPian

You have made a wise choice! When I bought my NHC in 2006, I went through a similar situation and test drove fiesta as well. But after 3.5 years i can still say, i made a wise choice. It has continuously given me 16-17 mileage. Also, many a times I have though of getting a new car and the moment I sit in my NHC and drive, my heart and mind reason me out of it. I am unable to find a fault with it and i live happily ever after!
Old 31st December 2009, 22:08   #3
BHPian

Hi FstIndrive congrats for the new car.Enjoy the new car.Be careful over big speed breakers.Please continue to update.Wish you a great newyear.
Old 31st December 2009, 22:15   #4

Hey Fstlndrive, Congratulation for your new possession, I can understand the new buyer dilemma, but at last a great choice. Keep posting your review...
Old 31st December 2009, 22:32   #5
BHPian

Fstlndrive congratulations on buying a new car.

Drive Safe.

I observe that you have not gone for any accessories like, seat covers, tinted galss etc. Any reason for that. You waiting for any thing specific?
Old 31st December 2009, 22:53   #6
BHPian

Thank you Mevtec for your wishes.

WISHING YOU ALL (THE TEAM MEMBERS) A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! Also, the Chinese "Tiger" year.
Old 31st December 2009, 23:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your ANHC. It is beautiful and seems the Fe is also good and as wel as like another FE car. Have a nice New year with your new ANHC.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuz View Post
You have made a wise choice! When I bought my NHC in 2006, I went through a similar situation and test drove fiesta as well. But after 3.5 years i can still say, i made a wise choice. It has continuously given me 16-17 mileage. Also, many a times I have though of getting a new car and the moment I sit in my NHC and drive, my heart and mind reason me out of it. I am unable to find a fault with it and i live happily ever after!
Thank you punkuz for your wishes. I am happy with my selection (like you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine View Post
Hey, Congratulation for your new possession, I can understand the new buyer dilemma, but at last a great choice. Keep posting your review...
Thank you DownTheLine. I will sure update with my driving experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
Fstlndrive congratulations on buying a new car.

Drive Safe.

I observe that you have not gone for any accessories like, seat covers, tinted galss etc. Any reason for that. You waiting for any thing specific?
Thank you for your wishes. I have gone for window sun films and the paint and anti-corrosion (under body coating). Nothing else. Initially I wanted to get parking sensors put, but after driving few days, now I am used to park/reverse without much problems. Hence, not going for it. I do not believe in seat covers. Hence, didn't opt for it. Only thing, I am wondering is to get transparent plastic mats, if you or any other member has ideas about what brand to buy, it will be helpful. The dealer says it will cost around Rs. 1500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Congrats for your ANHC. It is beautiful and seems the Fe is also good and as wel as like another FE car. Have a nice New year with your new ANHC.
Thank you for your wishes.
Old 1st January 2010, 10:40   #9
BHPian

Hi all Team members,
I would like to get your opinions on the tire pressure. The recommended tire pressure is 32 psi front and 30 psi rear. How many of you do the same? How many of you use different pressure? I kept 33 psi nitrogen air in all four tires. With my limited knowledge and past experience, I remember that keeping all 4 tires same psi (rather 2 psi more in rear compared to front), the braking and cornering efficiency is better. Although dealer said that 32 psi in front is recommended due to the 60% weight in front. But in USA, all cars including civic, corolla etc. (60% weight in front), but the tire pressure is 30 psi all four tires. Please pour in your thoughts.
Old 1st January 2010, 15:13   #10

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy the drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Hi all Team members,
I would like to get your opinions on the tire pressure. The recommended tire pressure is 32 psi front and 30 psi rear. How many of you do the same? How many of you use different pressure? I kept 33 psi nitrogen air in all four tires. With my limited knowledge and past experience, I remember that keeping all 4 tires same psi (rather 2 psi more in rear compared to front), the braking and cornering efficiency is better. Although dealer said that 32 psi in front is recommended due to the 60% weight in front. But in USA, all cars including civic, corolla etc. (60% weight in front), but the tire pressure is 30 psi all four tires. Please pour in your thoughts.
I keep them at the recommended 32psi in the front and 30 psi in the rear. I would trust the manufacturer to know the best for the car - they had done the testing
Old 1st January 2010, 18:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Hi all Team members,
Hey Fistindrive,

Congratulations on your new car and it's definitely a wise choice. I'm sure that she'll serve you for many years.
On the tyre pressure, Honda recommends a standard of 32 in front and 30 at the back. this is sure due to the weight in the front. But I use nitrogen as well and I keep 33 for all the four tyres and it seemed ok for me. Read in one of the threads of team-bhp that 10% extra should be maintained. So 33psi for all tyres seems to work well for me as well.

Cheers,
Laxminarayan
Old 1st January 2010, 20:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
10% extra should be maintained
and why is that ? Isn't it a deviation from the manufacturer's specification.
Old 1st January 2010, 20:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Fstlndrive - congrats on the car and welcome to ANHC club! Wish you many great miles and driving pleasure on the car.

@LaxmiN: yeah, even i am curios on that extra 10% concept. I stick to 32/30 as specified. Can you please elaborate?
Old 1st January 2010, 22:45   #14
BHPian

Hi Sandy and SkyWalker,
Thank you for your wishes. I am a proud owner to join the ANHC club. All the owners' experience helped me greatly to decide on ANHC. It is a true performer for a daily commute.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:42   #15
BHPian

Hello Delhi Members,
I want to buy transparent plastic mats and anti-skid trunk mat for the City. Please suggest some good dealer/shop name to buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks