Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 15:29   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Only expat Americans sit in this Ford Endy. Endy is an Asian specific model not sold in America.
I noticed many of the SUVs in US have low seat. I have traveled in those huge GM SUVs the hotels have for dropping customers and they have such very low seating.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:11   #32
BHPian

Its a beast to own. Very nice pictures. Congrats.

Wishing you miles and miles of happiness. Drive safe.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:03   #33

Friends,

Here's some more information. I'd taken the machine for a 1000Km outstation drive to the hills and here is the report:

1. Absolutely marvellous drive on the Highway and menacingly (for others!) huge and bold. Gave a lot of confidence.

2. Braking is excellent, but as I said, you gotta get used to it. Very diiferent from the normal brakes on my Corolla (2005 model). Since its ABS with EBD, the response is slightly late but ACCURATE and PERFECT.

3. Now rate this : We were 5 adults and 3 Children (with all luggage on my newly installed Roof Rack Tray, also got the rear ladder installed btw, customized) and there was no tiredness over a drive of 7-8 hours with a break of 45 mins in between. 2 adults in front, 1 adult and 2 Children in the middle row and 2 ladies and 1 Child (2 yrs) in the back row. The THING is so roomy, I just liked it.

4. I tried the GPS system, which guided me till the center of the destination city, but did not have more details like the resort, etc. But, guidance was perfect.

5. I drove in dense fog for about 150 Kms, near zero visibility at speeds not exceeding 20-30 Kmph, still the ride was comfortable.

6. DVD system is awsome and children enjoyed the movies to the fullest.

7. I had taken the driver along (I always go out with one), who was allowed to drive for only 50-60 Kms while I wanted to laze. He was happy sleeping in the car at nights with the middle seats stretched to the back. And, he told me it WAS very comfortable.

8. Now for the hill drive and some steep inclinations. Used the limiters - Gears 1,2, and 3 to their maximum use. Very very useful indeed. I also tried steep kuccha hill road for approx 5 Kms, basically no road, only mud and gravel road just about 10 ft wide and very very steep - was able to cover with ease on 4H and Gear Limiter on 2. Fortunately, there was a ground at the top which gave me enough room to take a U-turn.

9. Taking sharp turns on such kuccha roads and sharp U-turns was a bit difficult, the turning radius is definitely very big. You need to reverse a bit and then get going. The rear view camera gets in handy, but I did get into some very sticky situations on the kuccha hill road and had to very careful in reversing, else I would've been atleast 200 ft down as obviously this road (or offroad) did not have any crash barriers on the end! On the whole, a very dangerous, but exciting and adventurous experience. I had purposefully left the ladies and children at the resort not to be a part this adventure trip!

Must say, the vehicle has behaved perfectly and performed better than my expectations so far.

As with any car, there have been come problems:

1. Left Pulling: The vehicle was pulling towards left. Got it checked at Harpreet Ford Gurgaon. They did it twice with no positive result. They agreed that their machine had a fault. Then they took it to a Bridgestone dealer with an Allignment Machine. It was slightly better, but not fully OK. Then I had to take it on this trip I mentioned above. Meanwhile, I got a call from Harpreet Motors that their machine has been repaired. Sent it alongwith my driver for allignment again today. The guys (including the Service Manager) brought it to my office for my satisfaction after fixing, I test drove for 3-4 kms, found it OK. They've taken it back for officially closing the job card!

2. The strange noise of reading the CD/DVD from the Roof mounted DVD player as soon as I start the vehicle - It still remains. The guys at Harpreet Ford went overboard and changed the Roofmounted player with a new sealed pack. It's still the same. They asked me to lodge a complain with Kenwood/Nippon who would send a Service Engineer to Understand and then Fix the problem. Basically, even when my Kenwood HU in the front is on, the Roofmounted one also gets powered on simultaneously and starts searching for a CD/DVD and makes the "motor" noise. This goes on till I press the Power button on the Roofmounted system to turn it off!! Strange!!!

3. Another problem with the HU - It does play the songs on the iphone, but there is no sound! I can see the song being played on the iphone getting displayed on the Hu with the elapsed duration, but NO sound at all! Again, maybe only the Kenwood Engineer can help.

No other problems. Extremely satisfied till now. Covered 3350 Kms on the ODO.

Fuel Efficiency: City (Heavy Traffic) - 7.9 Km/l; Highway - 8.5 Km/l. I think, the fue economy could've been better. My driver however says that it'll get better after the 1st service! Any comments on this friends?

Fore_Runner

Last edited by Fore_Runner : 2nd February 2010 at 15:06.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore_Runner View Post
Friends,

Fuel Efficiency: City (Heavy Traffic) - 7.9 Km/l; Highway - 8.5 Km/l. I think, the fue economy could've been better. My driver however says that it'll get better after the 1st service! Any comments on this friends?

Fore_Runner
My 2.5 Ltr 2WD Endeavour give 10 kmpl in city and 12-13 on Highway. You should get better mileage after your service. The way you drive too plays a role on the mileage.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:51   #35
BHPian

Congrats on your new SUV . I loved those pictures. Please keep posting your experience on your SUV regularly.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:37   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Fore_Runner
Fuel Efficiency will improve as the deisel engine settles in. However, in this case I suspect that it had to do with the fact that the car was fully loaded including stuff on the roof rack. This causes wind resistance and lowering of mileage.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

thanks for updating the review. Yeah, mileage does seem low, however as 4x4 addict said, due to heavy load, it must have been hampered.

Do you any pics of the tracks where you did this offroading ? (if Endy is in the pic then it will be great).

Any chance to use 4L ?
Old 28th February 2010, 12:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

fore_runner, can you please post some pics of the third row ?

Thanks.
Old 1st March 2010, 15:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
fore_runner, can you please post some pics of the third row ?

Thanks.
I too interested in this pic.

Appreciate if it is with middle row adjusted to give maximum & minimum space to third row? This would give an idea of how comfortable the third row can be.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:56   #40
BHPian

yes, i want to see the last row seats. and what is this talk of low seating and knee up seating postion. is it that bad?. everyone who talks about the endy always says that the 3rd row is a joke. i mean how bad can it be? i don't beleive them. please post the pics. if possible with a person sitting in third row.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
yes, i want to see the last row seats. and what is this talk of low seating and knee up seating postion. is it that bad?. everyone who talks about the endy always says that the 3rd row is a joke. i mean how bad can it be? i don't beleive them. please post the pics. if possible with a person sitting in third row.
Hi: The floor in the 3rd row is raised high compared to first and 2nd row. So the height of the seat from the floor is lower (around 6 inches is my guess) which makes it very uncomfortable to sit with legs stretched forward.

I have seen that this is the case with Safari and Pajero to0. This is not a unique problem with Endeavor alone.
Old 1st March 2010, 17:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

3. Another problem with the HU - It does play the songs on the iphone, but there is no sound! I can see the song being played on the iphone getting displayed on the Hu with the elapsed duration, but NO sound at all! Again, maybe only the Kenwood Engineer can help.

Fore_Runner
one of the user face similar issue using i-pod in ANHC. maybe this might help you

"iPOD problem is fixed. I had set iPOD as "Use as External Storage/Mass Sotrage". So i removed that option in iTunes, rebooted and voila - i can hear music. Thanks anyways."

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1756630
Old 4th March 2010, 18:15   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Hi: The floor in the 3rd row is raised high compared to first and 2nd row. So the height of the seat from the floor is lower (around 6 inches is my guess) which makes it very uncomfortable to sit with legs stretched forward.

I have seen that this is the case with Safari and Pajero to0. This is not a unique problem with Endeavor alone.
The last row is not the best but not "Very" uncomfortable. My wife and sister-in-law were sitting on the 3rd row for approx 1000 kms and they were OK with the ride. You just have to be extra careful on the speed breakers and the small potholes (bigger ditches are not a problem surprisingly!) so that the jerk is not passed on hard due to the hard suspension.

Guys, have covered 6000 kms already and am very satisfied with the overall experience, so to say.

Cheers!
Old 4th March 2010, 19:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The last row is not the best but not "Very" uncomfortable. My wife and sister-in-law were sitting on the 3rd row for approx 1000 kms and they were OK with the ride. You just have to be extra careful on the speed breakers and the small potholes (bigger ditches are not a problem surprisingly!) so that the jerk is not passed on hard due to the hard suspension.

Guys, have covered 6000 kms already and am very satisfied with the overall experience, so to say.

Cheers!

Hi: For 2 people there wouldnt be much of a problem.They can stretch sideways and feel comfortable. Problem is with 3 people seated at the 3rd row. I have covered 51000 kms and me too satisfied with the experience so far .
Old 4th March 2010, 20:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Hi: For 2 people there wouldnt be much of a problem.They can stretch sideways and feel comfortable. Problem is with 3 people seated at the 3rd row. I have covered 51000 kms and me too satisfied with the experience so far .
Quote:

Cheers!
That is great to hear. Would it be possible for you guys to get some snaps of the 3rd row with a person sitting?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks