Team-BHP - Our new Toyota Corolla Altis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Our new Toyota Corolla Altis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74061-our-new-toyota-corolla-altis.html)

Our new Toyota Corolla Altis J variant.

A couple of exterior pics and the odo when it was delivered home by Lanson Toyota, Chennai.

Congrats Doc!, the car looks great in this color.
Wishing you a great ride.

Murugan: Congrats on your buy ! The colour is pleasing indeed. By the way, how is it that your car was delivered without the registration plates ? Lanson insisted that they would give delivery only with the plates when my uncle bought his Innova there last year.

Can you share some feedback on the dealer experience and what you got for the price you paid? Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal (Post 1694359)
Congrats Doc!, the car looks great in this color.
Wishing you a great ride.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 1694364)
Murugan: Congrats on your buy ! The colour is pleasing indeed. By the way, how is it that your car was delivered without the registration plates ? Lanson insisted that they would give delivery only with the plates when my uncle bought his Innova there last year.

Can you share some feedback on the dealer experience and what you got for the price you paid? Thanks.

Thanks! They could not register yesterday, the promised date of delivery, due to "RTO problem." It was registered today and delivered without the number plates (credit the connections!). The number plates are scheduled to be fixed tomorrow as the number was received very late today. The sales person says I can drive without the plates, but I will wait.

The dealer experience bowled me over (blame it on the connections again or is it their routine?!); very pleasant; almost Japanese courtesy levels!

Murugan,

She looks fantastic in this colour. Congrats on your new 'bullet-proof' (reliability) ride! Please do post a full initial experience and some more pics of the interior.

cheers

congratulations!

that is a great car and looks fantastic in that colour.

enjoy :)

congrats on your ride. great car great color.

Congratulation Murugan on your new car. looks very elegant!

could you please provide details like which all car you had short listed and why you chose Toyota!

Have happy n safe miles ahead!

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1695601)
Congratulation Murugan on your new car. looks very elegant!

could you please provide details like which all car you had short listed and why you chose Toyota!

Have happy n safe miles ahead!

Thank you! To answer your question:

All sedans, MUVs, SUVs and crossovers (leaving out hatches, estates, convertibles etc) less than 15L INR qualified. The list was trimmed down to (listed in alphabetical order of the manufacturing company) Linea, Fusion, City AT, Verna AT, Scorpio AT, Gypsy, SX4, Cedia, Lancer, Laura TSI, (the yet to be launched) Yeti TSI MT/ AT, Safari, Corolla Altis and Innova (quite a varied bunch!).

The pre-finalists were Honda City AT, Hyundai Verna AT, Maruti SX4 AT, (the yet to be launched) Skoda Yeti TSI MT/ AT and Toyota Corolla Altis MT/ AT. The Hyundai Verna AT and the Toyota Corolla Altis MT/ AT went to the wire.

As to what happened to the pre-finalists (except the Yeti) – it’s on this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...-altis-mt.html

I shall explain later as to why the others were dropped.

The number plates were fixed on the car at our home by Lanson executives around 6 pm today. Went for the customary pujai with the family (pic below).

The preliminary drive today suggested that all except the reversing guide [installed by Lanson] worked well. Some of the sensors were not getting activated, the distance shown was almost constant and the speaker has been (without my clearance) installed on the left C pillar near where the rear passenger’s ear would be; quite a racket it creates. Obviously it needs to be replaced and repositioned. Will talk to Lanson in the morning.

Congrats on your new car buddy, and nice colour too. Did you manage to get any discounts?

Nice colour. Looks very good on a big sized car like Altis. Congrats bro.:)

Was informed by the Lanson Toyota exec to use only ordinary unleaded petrol as the engine is designed for it. He specifically said that all the premium/ higher octane/ additive containing petrol should not be used. Have to check the user manual on that. Any info from other Altis users?

Congratulations on your buy. Most manufacturers recommend the use of ordinary fuel. I wonder who buys the high premium fuels then:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugan (Post 1696294)
Was informed by the Lanson Toyota exec to use only ordinary unleaded petrol as the engine is designed for it. He specifically said that all the premium/ higher octane/ additive containing petrol should not be used. Have to check the user manual on that. Any info from other Altis users?

Congrats on your Altis. :)

The Altis manual says it requires 91 octane (RON) or higher. It will run fine with 97 octane (if you get it) though the benefits received versus the price of that fuel are highly questionable.

I was using Speed or IOC XTRA premium with no ill effects but recently shifted to standard petrol. So far so good. A bottle of STP or equivalent injector cleaner every few tankfuls should suffice.

Cheers!

Congratulations on your buy :) Since you were aiming for 15L category, why didnt u short list the G and the GL variant?