Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-567.html)

My TDCi returned an happy 21.24 km/l average for a tankfull on the return leg of a recent long distance trip. Intentionally maintained the speeds strictly between 70 - 100 kmph throughout the 800km trip. The car was loaded with four adults, two kids and lots of luggage.

On the onward journey of the same trip did some spirited driving and the mileage was 16.43 km/l :mad:. There was a ballon burst kinda noise during this spirited driving and me and my wife were wondering where the noise came from. Only after a few minutes we realised that the windshield has a crack - may be due to a stone chip. Still contemplating on whether to change the windshield or survive with it as it's hidden behind the internal rear view mirror from driver side view.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisthpeeps (Post 3212427)
My TDCi returned an happy 21.24, the windshield has a crack - may be due to a stone chip. Still contemplating on whether to change the windshield or survive with it as it's hidden behind the internal rear view mirror from driver side view.

Great mileage, but I am sure it would have been difficult to restrain yourself to 70 - 100.

On the windshield, the crack might keep getting bigger, do have it fixed, sooner than later.

On a recent trip to Bangalore, my Figo TDCi returned an average of 22-23kmpl. Maintained speeds at around 100-120kmph.

Its pretty impressive considering it being fitted with Race Chip and on 195/55 R15 tyres. Its also returning a consistent 15-17kmpl in city, based on the traffic.

Have given it for the 10000Km service today morning and have been quoted an estimate of around 1800rs.

Guys need your inputs. Gave my car for 20k service @ Chennai Ford, Estimated bill amount 4.3k excluding wheel alignment and balancing. Is this is reasonable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT (Post 3213159)
Guys need your inputs. Gave my car for 20k service @ Chennai Ford, Estimated bill amount 4.3k excluding wheel alignment and balancing. Is this is reasonable?

Looks like on higher side, what all is included in the estimate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT (Post 3213159)

Thats about what they charged me, and I did not even get the Oil changed. Expect around 5000/-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 3213165)
Looks like on higher side, what all is included in the estimate?

Engine oil, Oil filter, A/C filter, Windscreen washer fluid, All fluid top up, Air filter cleaning.
Brake disc/pad cleaning .. this is what i remember. I will post the bill once i got the car back.

I just verified by digging team-bhp and most of the owners here quoted ~4k bill for 20k service, but that is with wheel balancing and rotation. For me it is not included, since i prefer to done it outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT (Post 3213305)
Engine oil, Oil filter, A/C filter, Windscreen washer fluid, All fluid top up, Air filter cleaning.
Brake disc/pad cleaning .. this is what i remember. I will post the bill once i got the car back.

I just verified by digging team-bhp and most of the owners here quoted ~4k bill for 20k service, but that is with wheel balancing and rotation. For me it is not included, since i prefer to done it outside.

It was the same with me, mine being Fiesta classic, 1.4 TDCI, excluding wheel balancing/alignment. There labour charges have considerably increased. I was not able to find any irrelevant charge in their bill.

Recently got a new set of shoes for my figo at 55000 Kms. Changed to goodyears. The car went for servicing at 60000 Kms. After the alignment which was done at the service centre, I found the car not as composed as before and it was pulling towards the left. So went to the tyre shop for alignment. The mechanic told me that due to left shocker, the left wheel is getting damaged from the inside. The reason was that the camber was not proper and apparently in figo it cannot be adjusted. He suggested a change of the left shocker to solve this problem. Do the gurus see some merit in this diagnosis. Otherwise shocker seemed alright to me with no oil leakage or deformity. I can't even feel that shocker is damaged while driving. Now after the alignment the car is fine. Do you think I should get the shocker changed for camber adjustment or it can be done otherwise. The odo is now at 62000 Kms

Done 20k service for my Figo TDCI, The SA reported that the front brake disc as well as pad is little worn out and the disc got lines in it.. and needs to be changed in another 5k kms.

I guess this is not normal wear.. can i ask for warranty replacement on this?. I do have little noise while braking but it comes occasionally, recently i hear some rubbing noise from the front wheel, sounds more like brake pad fouling with the wheel. Thats also comes in and goes occasionally.

Im not feeling any lose of braking ability and it behaves fine.

My Figo was delivered day before yesterday after the 10000km service.

The bill was 1745/-. They delivered the car at home as I had told them I may get late from office. Surprisingly they did not charge anything extra.clap:

Took the car for a short spin yesterday and all is well. Fixed back the Race Chip today as DIY.

@drive addict: get the wheel alignment and balancing done outside at a tire shop. That should shave off ~Rs. 1500/- from your bill. Also your disc lines is a popular service station scam. Lines will develop very early in a few 1000 kms. My NHC needed replacement at 70K kms but on checking at 72K, the lines were there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 (Post 3215794)
@drive addict: get the wheel alignment and balancing done outside at a tire shop. That should shave off ~Rs. 1500/- from your bill.

Its around 700-800 bucks for alignment & balancing at Metro Ford Bangalore.

Its Rs. 750/- each for alignment and Balancing at Akshya Ford, Tirunelveli. And they do a dismal job.
I prefer to get it done at a tire shop where they have the 3D machine.

I paid Rs 500 for balancing, alignment and rotation of 4 wheels at a tyre dealer nearby at Hyderabad. The charges also included Nitrogen topping.

Not only Ford, but most A.S.S. centers are a rip off for such jobs.