Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-71.html)

Folks,

Took a TD of the Titanium this week end, really impressed, plan to purchase by April end. One question for the gurus, what would be the right upgrade for the wheels if I went in for 15" alloys ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinthru' (Post 1797308)
Folks,

Took a TD of the Titanium this week end, really impressed, plan to purchase by April end. One question for the gurus, what would be the right upgrade for the wheels if I went in for 15" alloys ??

IMO don't upgrade to 15'' alloys, it will affect handling, keep the same 14'' size and upgrade tyre size to 185/65/R14 or 185/60/R14

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshvin (Post 1797640)
IMO don't upgrade to 15'' alloys, it will affect handling, keep the same 14'' size and upgrade tyre size to 185/65/R14 or 185/60/R14

15" would improve handling at the cost of ride comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemithomas (Post 1797665)
15" would improve handling at the cost of ride comfort.

In my experience it is either way, upgrade in tyre size in my Fiesta from 175/65/R14 to 185/65/R14 slightly affected handling (I mean slightly) compare to stock tyre size but ride has improved lot, also suspension are tweaked to 14'', upgrading to 15'' will take more haul on suspension, secondly IMO steering is calibrated to give right feed back on stock rim size not upgrade one which will affect handling, practically this is my experience, technically I may be wrong.

How many of you here have booked figo at kairali ford, kerala? There are too many complaints floating around about them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkerala (Post 1797700)
How many of you here have booked figo at kairali ford, kerala? There are too many complaints floating around about them.

Do you have any other choice? I thought they were the only Ford dealer in Kerala, with branches all over.

Unni.ak regularly deals with them for servicing of his Fiesta TDCi. You could contact him for his feedback on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1797736)
Do you have any other choice? I thought they were the only Ford dealer in Kerala, with branches all over.

Unni.ak regularly deals with them for servicing of his Fiesta TDCi. You could contact him for his feedback on them.

Kairali has outlet in south kerala. PVS ford has in north kerala.

Someone has mentioned that the delay was because Figo was being pushed for the BS-IV norms and that the existing lot was BS-III. Is that the reason?

I see that the Fiesta 1.4 TDCi EXI is BS-III in the website.

The showroom person to whom I talked to mentioned that the Figo was BS-V or something. I was stumped. Probably she meant that BS-V will come in 2050 and its ready till then.

OFF TOPIC
One word of appreciation to Mustang and Brix. You guys have worked a lot in getting the doubts clarified for the team members.
In fact thats a factor which is making this thread more interesting read than the Polo thread, as people have doubts but there is no one to answer. I know you must be checking the thread day in and day out and answering our queries.

Hats off to you guys for your contribution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 1798051)
Someone has mentioned that the delay was because Figo was being pushed for the BS-IV norms and that the existing lot was BS-III. Is that the reason?

I see that the Fiesta 1.4 TDCi EXI is BS-III in the website.

The showroom person to whom I talked to mentioned that the Figo was BS-V or something. I was stumped. Probably she meant that BS-V will come in 2050 and its ready till then.

I don't think that would be the reason as far as my knowledge, they have Euro 4 engines which is similar to BS-4 so that is definitely not the reason.

check the link below

Ford Figo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Question for the good samaritans from Ford:

Will older vehicles with BS III norms like the Fiesta Petrol Sxi I got in Dec 2009, be able to cope up with new, cleaner fuel going to be in vogue from April 1st onwards?
If so, any performance/power/whatever else downsides to the same?

OFF TOPIC REPLY
Thanks xing ! But I'm also quenching my thirst at the TBHP Oasis.

I'm learning more than I have contributed. Mustang is the real hero.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1798067)
OFF TOPIC
One word of appreciation to Mustang and Brix. You guys have worked a lot in getting the doubts clarified for the team members.
In fact thats a factor which is making this thread more interesting read than the Polo thread, as people have doubts but there is no one to answer. I know you must be checking the thread day in and day out and answering our queries.

Hats off to you guys for your contribution.

No such reason as to why it should be so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1798415)
I heard black color is not availabe currently in Bangalore! is it true?

Very much possible. I've seen that happen a lot.
I saw a green Figo in the parking basement, though it was unregistered.
And I saw another one on Eldams Road, registered. But MPL said that no deliveries have started from their side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1798420)
Looks like Ford's own employees have used their influence and cornered the first batch of cars. ;)

Can anyone here post the exact price of two year warranty for figo petrol (ZXI)? Every one is saying different prices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 1796769)
One panther black figo coming up ! not a good one though. During the Gurgaon-Jaipur drive.

Flickr Photo Download: Ford Figo Media Drive

Wow Mustang,

You saw a "TN" registered Figo on Gurgaon - Jaipur Highway.

Someone must have driven miles and miles and more already while most are still discussing whether Figos have hit the road ...