Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-171.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 1897285)
you should keep the switch at the 9-10 o clock position to gain a slight FE benefit, I dont have a knowledge of how the heating system works.

In my experience with the Fusion, the heater just redirects hot air from the engine bay probably coming over the radiator. Have used the heater from start up and it only does serious heating after about 10 minutes or so, till then one has to shiver, ergo IMO no power drained from engine as such.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxyzen (Post 1897033)
1.6 with 15" is definately a hot hatch. But I dont think ford is going to do that after Fusion experience. Anyway I am waiting for upcoming fiesta/ focus. Hopefully will end up buying 1.

Have driven Figo 1.2 in city traffic only. No Body roll observed. Feels very planted. But I just cant get enough confidence during overtaking. Handling just cant be of full use due to lack of power. Opposite in the case of I10 where engine cant be of full use because of scary dynamics. Havent tried any diesel that extensively. I personally stay away from diesel.

Fabia is a wonderful car. Perfect dynamics. But its engine is a big letdown like FIGO. Anyway I was talking about octavia, laura. I believe these to cars handle even better than Fiesta. Prices are different though.

My earlier wait for the Fiesta 1.6 resulted in buying the then available Fusion 1.6. Hope Fiesta 1.6 Hatch comes in soon although I am not a fan of the current version.

Octavia and Laura are in a different league all together. They are not cheap, easy to buy, push it around a lot sedan. Have not driven the Laura but it should be a delight on the highway, in the city it's just a giant migraine to manage because of the size. Personally I like the Skoda and VW pure european interiors, drab but very well laid out, kind of grows on you.

Took delivery of 1.2 Zxi Chill amidst rain and cyclonic weather on 19th May. Having driven mostly Maruthi cars for over 1.2 lac kms, I took a plunge into a non Maruthi vehicle though Ritz was in race till the last moment. I also happened to participate in the purchase process of my cousin in buying a Ritz and I may drive that car also once in a while.

I will open a separate thread after a few days of driving , sharing my experiences with the car, dealership experience and some comparision with Ritz and a few photos of both the cars in the same angle.

A few quick thoughts.

1. Maruthi dealership is light years ahead of Ford dealerships in terms of customer satisfaction, professionalism, documentation , etc.,

2. The Ford user maunal is extremely good and Maruthi's is far behind.

3. I am not very happy with the door locking and opening with the same lever in Figo. The whole purpose of locking the door with a separate lever is to prevent someone accidentally pulling the lever while running and this design negates that purpose.

4. I went through the stereo manual and the USB connection is a straight forward one.

I am sure that Figo USB cable will be available in after market at less tah Rs.100 in a few months

<<I am not very happy with the door locking and opening with the same lever in Figo. The whole purpose of locking the door with a separate lever is to prevent someone accidentally pulling the lever while running and this design negates that purpose.>>

@raju2512- Absolutely correct. I mentioned this some time back. If the lock is different, even if this lever is pulled, then the door will not open. since the lever has inbuilt lock , then the door opens. I think you cannot open the door even if the lever is pulled when the car is running.

Yes. All cables, accessories will be available at cheaper rates after some time.

These are some pics from the bloggers meet at the FOrd Plant. See your Figo being made. :)

Courtesy Facebook-Ford Figo Page

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGK (Post 1897672)
I think you cannot open the door even if the lever is pulled when the car is running.

Yes. All cables, accessories will be available at cheaper rates after some time.

How can kidnap victims escape then? :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemithomas (Post 1898413)
These are some pics from the bloggers meet at the FOrd Plant. See your Figo being made. :)

Courtesy Facebook-Ford Figo Page

The past pic is lovely !

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by raju2512 (Post 1897500)
3. I am not very happy with the door locking and opening with the same lever in Figo. The whole purpose of locking the door with a separate lever is to prevent someone accidentally pulling the lever while running and this design negates that purpose.

I totally agree with you. This surely negates the purpose of the lock!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGK (Post 1897672)
I think you cannot open the door even if the lever is pulled when the car is running.

If you are referring to Figo's lever, you are wrong. If it is correct, then nobody can get out with central locking on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1898539)
If you are referring to Figo's lever, you are wrong. If it is correct, then nobody can get out with central locking on!

This is a strange design choice, I am not sure why Ford did this. Is there someway you can check whether indeed the door cannot be opened with the car in motion?

Also, in the event of an accident, do you think that the door would unlock automatically? How will that work on a car without central locking?

The door opens if the lever is pulled when the car is running. I have tried out. It is better to use the child lock if small children are in the back seat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1898591)
Also, in the event of an accident, do you think that the door would unlock automatically? How will that work on a car without central locking?

The manual says that the door will unlock in case of a crash which will cause the air bags deploy

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio07 (Post 1897397)
my FE seems to be improving, after the last fill it showed 13.7kmpl from 12kmpl during the previous two fills. Will be driving to Coorg over the next weekend, will post the highway figures then.

My first 500 kms in the TDCi: Tank 2 Tank Calculation - I got 12.5 kmpl!! including some 6 hours of AC Idling in the last 5 days.

Ai'nt the DTE a 'moving average' ? It "lacked precision but not vision" lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by btirthankar (Post 1899047)
My first 500 kms in the TDCi: Tank 2 Tank Calculation - I got 12.5 kmpl!! including some 6 hours of AC Idling in the last 5 days.

Ai'nt the DTE a 'moving average' ? It "lacked precision but not vision" lol:

i dont trust the dte so do the tank fill method, i hope the FE increases clap:

Hi,

Quote:

This is a strange design choice, I am not sure why Ford did this.

Don't blame Ford, there are other cars with similar door locks!

Quote:

Is there someway you can check whether indeed the door cannot be opened with the car in motion?

It will. Just try it on your porch with engine running.

The driver door lock actually sends a signal through the control unit to the actuators in the other doors. It is just a mechanical function and the doors can be locked / opened individually (except the driver's door, depending on programming) irrespective of central locking status or engine running status.

If the door is jammed post accident due to body deformity, it is another story.

Power windows are different as they make do without the winding levers and so are pretty much useless without a working battery.

In case of accidents, people should be able to open the doors if they are physically capable of doing it. No central locking can prevent them from doing it, normally.

Am having this strange issue with a/c thermostat knob. Its by default in max cool position (blue end), if its moved up (12 clock position) and if I try to put it back it "SLIPS" back to old position and I really need to tru multiple times before it says in full cold (blue end) position.

Anybody else faced this issue ?

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban (Post 1899600)
Its by default in max cool position (blue end), if its moved up (12 clock position) and if I try to put it back it "SLIPS" back to old position

There is no default position as such.

I have taken it upto between 10 and 11 position. From there I have had no issues.

@trrk - Default I mean position 7 in clock. If I move it to 10 or 11 and put it back to 7, it slips back to 10 or 11 clock number position.After multiple attempts it stays at 7.