Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-167.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by donarun (Post 1887376)
Looking at the pictures on the first page of this thread, 5x7" is possible on the front doors. Would it be the same for the rear's too ?

OT: Does Fiesta also have 5x7 on front and rear ?

yes fiesta has 5"x7" on F & R.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 1887037)
This was not a FE test, Me and Gemi were discussing that with a tankful, Gemi's car's DTE never shows above 720 kms.

My point here was that if DTE can show 636 kms with just 26 litres of normal diesel then it can easily show 800+ kms with 40 litres of diesel.

By tankfull to tankfull method i have never got less than 15 kmpl as was pointed out by me earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaudhrysan (Post 1887163)
Mustang sir ji, the car's DTE (if it's reasonably accurate) will only reflect a figure that depends on the actual mileage you are getting. I have done three tankfuls on my figo. The actual mileage I have got is 13.9 to 14 kpl. The DTE has shown figures on tankful from 620 to 640 (max). However, if you do the calculation, the DTE is reflecting a reasonably accurate figure (14 kpl x 45 litres = 630) and this is certainly no way near 720 quoted above. As you suggest, the DTE can surely display 700 or 800 or 900 figures - only if you are getting that kind of FE.

BTW, my figo has started giving a very irritating squeaky sound from RHS behind. In another thread, a couple of other owners have reported exactly the same symptom (@gemi and @revy). Any idea of what could be the cause. In any case I intend to address the issue in the first service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGK (Post 1887283)
Tankfull to Tankfull (up to the brim) will give you the accurate FE of any car. All console values are only approximate and will certainly warn the driver that the fuel tank is going to be empty. If it is accurate (in some cars) then well and good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 1887300)
Regarding the sound, I am not sure yet but it sounds like the suspension is starting to get sorted out. Check for another 200 kms & then update if the sound is there or not.

Over my past 6 tank fills the maximum the DTE has shown is 656km. After some running, the maximum of the total of the tripmeter (set to "0" immediately after fill) + the DTE has been something around 720.

What i have noticed is that the DTE is almost accurate during the last 1/4th of the tank.

Doing a rough cross calculation of my tank to tank FE and the DTE readings i have dound that if i take the total of the DTE+tripmeter (set to zero after filling tank) and divide it by 44.4 (instead of 45) i get a more or less accurate reading of my F.E. MAybe its because the fuel tanks are not calibrated.

The squeak from the rear right side is very irritating. I have had 3 different people sitting behind try to figure out what it is. No one could. If anyone gets a clue about what it is. PLease do let us know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaudhrysan (Post 1887163)
Mustang sir ji, the car's DTE (if it's reasonably accurate) will only reflect a figure that depends on the actual mileage you are getting.

BTW, my figo has started giving a very irritating squeaky sound from RHS behind. In another thread, a couple of other owners have reported exactly the same symptom (@gemi and @revy). Any idea of what could be the cause. In any case I intend to address the issue in the first service.

I second that regarding the DTE.

Even I got that squeak in two of the Test Drive Vehicles.
Mustang might be able to give us a clarification after investigation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickatnite (Post 1862100)
Wheels surely 'maketh' this car!:D

that looks really great

what do u think might be the size of this tyres and alloys ?

and effect on FE and performance ?

I wanted to ask one thing - my dealer is unable to source that USB Aux connecter. He said it will come only in August. I cant wait that long - so can anyone let me know if its available in the dealerships where they got their Figo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 1888693)
I wanted to ask one thing - my dealer is unable to source that USB Aux connecter. He said it will come only in August. I cant wait that long - so can anyone let me know if its available in the dealerships where they got their Figo.

Hey Brix, you got your car @ MPL ford? Did you check out at Chennai Ford? I got the USB cable from them during delivery itself. I reckon they have quite a supply of that as they did not even fuss about it.

Hi all Figo owners
Let me share a first hand information on the air bags in Figo. Yesterday I had a full frontal 35 kms/hr approx collision with a Wagon R. Interestingly the air bags did not deploy even when i thought the collision was substantial enough to damage my bonnet and bumper. Proves the point that Figos airbags are not over sensitive or the speed or deceleration was not enough to activate them.{ did'nt make a deeper dent on my pocket also } Another interesting point is that on a closer look the sheet metal and plastic parts are flimsy and easily depressable. Call it weight reduction, impact absorption, cost cutting etc etc. I have a few pictures but I am still figuring out how to load them here. Will keep u posted with the rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 1888693)

I'm still waiting for it to reach my dealer (Lathangi motors, Bangalore). Each time I enquire, it is "expected to come tomorrow" :)

(I assume your query was about the USB cable - The Aux connector is already present on the front panel)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revmaxx (Post 1888940)
Hi all Figo owners
Let me share a first hand information on the air bags in Figo. Yesterday I had a full frontal 35 kms/hr approx collision with a Wagon R. Interestingly the air bags did not deploy even when i thought the collision was substantial enough to damage my bonnet and bumper. Proves the point that Figos airbags are not over sensitive or the speed or deceleration was not enough to activate them.{ did'nt make a deeper dent on my pocket also } Another interesting point is that on a closer look the sheet metal and plastic parts are flimsy and easily depressable. Call it weight reduction, impact absorption, cost cutting etc etc. I have a few pictures but I am still figuring out how to load them here. Will keep u posted with the rest.

please upload the pics asap.
myself being a new driver and waitin for the delivery of the same car, would like to know how it takes the impact in case of an accident and how much does it costs to get it back to its feet ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by revmaxx (Post 1888940)
Hi all Figo owners

Thats really sad revmaxx. How bad is the damage? Thank God that all are safe. Do post pics.

I think the air bags would deploy only if some parameters match like seatbelt use, speed of deceleration, angle of impact etc. etc. Its good you did not have to test it :)

Took the pictures again in low resolution. There was no damage to the wagon r except for a broken rear bumper. It was a rear end to my front end collision. Also on a closer look I have a dent on my cars a/c coil or radiator. [Due to a longer exhaust tail pipe on the wagon r] Disadvantage of having a short over hang and no space between bumper and critical parts. Will keep you posted with the repair details.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6140.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6141.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6142.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_6143.jpg

The first casualty on t-bhp for a non existent bumper. :Shockked::Shockked:

I hope ford remembers the "low cost of ownership" thingy while billing you. Please do update with costs of repair. Now this could be "the moment of truth"!! Hoping with all my heart that its not a bitter one.

I seem to be getting an irritating sound from the rear caused due the the way number plate is fixed on the figo. I get it when i go thru slightly bumpy roads and the number place just kind of shakes. Has any of you faced this problem and if so how did you guys fix it?

@revmaxx: I cant see any damage to the bumper as such. It seems the bonnet has taken all the brunt of the impact. Probably the reason why the airbags did not deploy. And it hurts to see damages on a new car. Do keeps us posted on the charges that you incur.

Hey sad to see that. Looks like the impact was not sufficient to trigger the airbags, the bonnet seems to have taken the entire impact ,headlights, bumpers & windscreen seems to be untouched. Looks like the air bag mechanism is working fine, a triggered air bag is a costly affair to fix.

I hope you will get a minor bill as metal bonnet can be reshaped and painted, replacing might be costly. Do keep as updated or your repair bills.