Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-163.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1882458)
Regarding Figo being sold at premium, you got to be kidding with that statement. I was under the opinion that its the most aggressively priced one.

He means that, has the car been sold to someone who wanted imm delivery and was ready to pay extra cash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007 (Post 1882473)
He means that, has the car been sold to someone who wanted imm delivery and was ready to pay extra cash.

So whats the premium for the figo? And is any premium payable accountable or cash?

Guess the Figo delivery stunt is similar to the swift diesel models..The premium is a dealer issue not concerning the manufacturer..IMO

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 1882537)
So whats the premium for the figo? And is any premium payable accountable or cash?

Guess the Figo delivery stunt is similar to the swift diesel models..The premium is a dealer issue not concerning the manufacturer..IMO

Ofcourse the premium is a dealer issue. We have heard of 1L and above premium for the Fortunner for e.g.

I seriously doubt if anything like that exists for the Figo.

Figo looks shorter than it is(than from the ad in paper), and i would be concerned about the GC if i am buying it, as i was expecting a wannabe Fusion.

I have been in bangalore for the last week and had the chance of driving around in a TDCI Figo for almost a week. Everything has almost been discussed at length in the numerous threads for the car and i would agree with all that has been discussed. A fdew things i especially agree with are:

1. A nasty flat spot at around 1000-1200 rpm. I would rather call it a "dead spot". Sometimes i have felt the power loss issue in 1st gear as well. It happens especially on inclines when 2nd gear just cant pull the car and you downshift to 1st and it almost loses power.

2. The car that i have been driving has almost 1400k on the odo and it comes with Apollos. As reported by a few users, it does have a mild pull towards the left. But am not sure if it's the tyres or the wheels.

3. Very good to drive. Corners flatly. But not exactly a silent car. You can hear the growl of the engine when you accelerate from around 2k rpm.

4. Have calculated a mileage of around 14-15 on Shell with 100 % AC in banaglore. I have mostly never switched off the engine at red lights. I have also not exceeded 80kmph and 2500rpm. I am planning to switch over to normal diesel as shell is going for around 48 bucks/ltr.

5. It seems the door windows have some kind of coating to reduce heat absorption as i find the door windows to be a lot cooler than the windshield. I have suggested Garware Grand for the side windows and the rear glass and have got quite a few competitive quotes. Will need to check again and might go for garware classic if i can confirm that the side windows have some heat reducing coating.

6. Even though it has a decent GC of 168 mm, i have succeeded in scraping the bottom quite a few times surprisingly. I have driven other small cars in a similar fashion but i dont remember hitting the bottom. So i am just being extra careful.

7. Extremely good boot space. Could manage to squueze in a 20 inch and 24 inch strolleys easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldice4u (Post 1882678)
1. A nasty flat spot at around 1000-1200 rpm. I would rather call it a "dead spot".

Figo has least turbo lag amongst the diesel hatchbacks sold here. The 1000-1200rpm flat spot exists on every modern turbo diesel car, even much much more expensive diesels like BMW 730d and Merc 320CDI posess this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 1882755)
Figo has least turbo lag amongst the diesel hatchbacks sold here. The 1000-1200rpm flat spot exists on every modern turbo diesel car, even much much more expensive diesels like BMW 730d and Merc 320CDI posess this.

Guys need some info here. Every time i backup my figo from the garage and while breaking there is some sound. I remember reading some blog which says it is normal and due to the ABS. Can someone clarify please?

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1882458)
With the delivery time normally being 6 weeks on average, dont think you should get tensed now. The situation is under control.

Regarding Figo being sold at premium, you got to be kidding with that statement. I was under the opinion that its the most aggressively priced one.

well let me share some info here. I am told that the dealers have some cash issues and are not able to procure the cars from ford. This has resulted in delayed orders and deliveries. Customers are piling up and demanding answers. I am sure that the figo may be going for a premium and this could also be one of the reasons for the wait period extending by the day!!!

Quote:

Agreed that the engine in the Figo is quite linear. But the issue does not seem to be the turbo lag. It is just that outside the "turbo zone" it seems that the Figo has the least grunt as well. I have heard that the DDIS engine can easily move from standstill in 2nd gear which will be very difficult in the TDCI engine because of the gutless low end (1000-1200).

Here's a link to photographs of Figo Titanium 1.4 TDCi shot in detail:

Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI Titanium.

I wish the car colour was white instead of Squeeze. (Just my opinion since I've booked a white Figo.)

Source: Ford Figo page on Facebook
Ford Figo | Facebook

That was pretty detailed. Very good !

Quote:

Originally Posted by kage9091 (Post 1882888)
Here's a link to photographs of Figo Titanium 1.4 TDCi shot in detail:

Ford Figo 1.4 TDCI Titanium.

I wish the car colour was white instead of Squeeze. (Just my opinion since I've booked a white Figo.)

Source: Ford Figo page on Facebook
Ford Figo | Facebook

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 1861925)
Ah - I see that the spoiler has come. Was waiting for that.

No mention of that USB add on. The dealer does not have it either.

The spoiler is prices at 4.5k, i think thats a bit high!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldice4u (Post 1882867)
Agreed that the engine in the Figo is quite linear. But the issue does not seem to be the turbo lag. It is just that outside the "turbo zone" it seems that the Figo has the least grunt as well. I have heard that the DDIS engine can easily move from standstill in 2nd gear which will be very difficult in the TDCI engine because of the gutless low end (1000-1200).

The Multijet can even climb steep inclines in 2nd gear with no throttle, but has nothing to do with low end grunt or turbo lag, this ability comes from anti stall system in the ECM that increases the revs to prevent the engine from knocking and stalling.

Even all Multijet variants have very severe lag below 1500rpm, in comparison the higher capacity engines like Scorpio and Elantra feel very powerful even in the lag zone.

Most modern diesels can move in any gear without any accelerator input.

The downside of the Figo's responsive TDCI engine is the unenthusiastic top end, in comparison the MJD has much better top end and i20 CRDi feels like a dream.

I fully agree with you.

After my recent trip to Ootty, I felt that my old Alto would have done better on the steep climbs masinagudi - Ootty route ! 2nd gear is not much use, that's my feeling. Leave alone turbo lag, it should be able to have enough torque in the range of 1000 - 1300. But it is a huge disappointment. Even on plain roads, I never try taking it in 2nd gear from stand still. After a speed breaker, I downshift to 1st now which is not at all nice. More about my experiences on the performance on steep climbs, you can read in my ownership thread.