Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-162.html)

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 1880028)
One more thing - I did that turbo cleaning yesterday afternoon in third gear on OMR. Held it at 3K rpm for around 30 seconds.

It is not the turbo that you are cleaning, you are removing the soot which accumulates in your exhaust system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1880471)
It is not the turbo that you are cleaning, you are removing the soot which accumulates in your exhaust system.

+1 to that,

Also revving a diesel engine and holding them on for a short duration does not clean anything, though some of us like to believe it cleans the injectors etc.

The average size of an fuel injector port is around 50 microns :D and fuel is atomised and released at such high pressures. Revving and holding the car only strains the fuel pump rather than anything else.

Its just my 2 bits..

Hi All,

Congrats to all of you who have got their loved vehicles... and I too have finally got my hands on my dream car - Ford Figo ZXI, TDCI, Sea Greay ebony dash...

Feels great to get my hands on the car after a long wait :)

And ya, had got my car about a week back and was so busy exploring it (its my first car) that I just lost touch with the forum. so please excuse me if i am repeating the question.

- One thing i noticed while driving my car - the steering wheel does not return back to the original 12'0 clock position always. Most of the times it remains stuck to the position you turn it to. Did not notice it much initially as I was concentrating on the road, but then tested this thoroughly yesterday to my utter dismay !!

Is is ok? is it a design flaw or a car flaw which needs to be corrected? how badly is my steering system screwed up?

Mustang, Experts, can you help me ? (this is my first car, and can't help getting hyper on every little thing about it )

pls check your wheel alignment. it is a alignment suspension issue. leading to uneven tyre wear.

which dealer did pdi for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deevilslair (Post 1881070)
Hi All,

One thing i noticed while driving my car - the steering wheel does not return back to the original 12'0 clock position always. Most of the times it remains stuck to the position you turn it to. Did not notice it much initially as I was concentrating on the road, but then tested this thoroughly yesterday to my utter dismay !!

Mustang, Experts, can you help me ? (this is my first car, and can't help getting hyper on every little thing about it )

Do you mean when you make a complete turn or just pull the steering say to 1 o clock or 11 o clock position, if its between 11 and 1 then its fine, if it doesnt return when u take a U turn then its a problem get it checked immediately? call the Ford Customer care and complain also put it in the website as complaint, they will get back to you within 48 hrs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deevilslair (Post 1881070)
Hi All,

- One thing i noticed while driving my car - the steering wheel does not return back to the original 12'0 clock position always. Most of the times it remains stuck to the position you turn it to. Did not notice it much initially as I was concentrating on the road, but then tested this thoroughly yesterday to my utter dismay !!

I tried it after reading few posts in this thread earlier, but mine is perfect. It is returning to the original position after turning both sides.

Cheers!

I have a Figo zxi Diesel. I hear a hissing noise when I turn the steering to the extreme right. Has any body else observed this?

- Thunderbird

Hi,

My first post - a review of the Figo Titanium TDCi - beaten to death by the reviews...

I'll start the ownership thread soon as soon as I'm done uploading the pics and the videos of the same (To up the excitement: 2 videos of the drive of Figo on Bandra-Worli sea link ... came out amazing, with NFS sound track in the background etc)

A couple of pics as teasers:

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc03634.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-mov03731.jpg

The car: Ford Figo 1.4 D Titanium - Panther Black - Goodyear GT3 tyres

I've driven about 500 kms now - A/C almost 100% on - say 50% traffic (daytime) & 50% on a combination of Western Express highway (Mumbai), Bandra-Worli Sea Link, Marine Drive etc in the night after 11 PM.

Getting an FE of about 14.8-15 kmpl. Not greatly overjoyed nor greatly dissatisfied ... I'm guessing I'd get about 16 kmpl after the first service or after 4000-5000 kms.

Anyway, the impressions (as compared to Swift VDi):

01. A/C is brilliant. Period.
02. Interiors are amazingly better - look good, feel very nice.
03. I got the coral dash and it looks way better than the stupid bland interior of Swift; it also gels very well with the black and red seats, and the black color of the car.
04. Feels extremely good to drive after 1500 rpm ... upto 1500, feels a little sluggish at times.
05. Swift was able to pull the car from below 1000 rpm in 2nd gear at almost standstill position; Figo is unable to do so .. I need to go to the first gear to get it up and running, and then take it to the second gear
06. The indicator position are taking sometime getting used to :)
07. Head lights are far reaching, and clearly well directed so that the road is properly visible at night
08. Leg & boot space is incredibly good (I'm 6'2'', and I'm very comfortable)
09. OEM sound system is quite good for the timebeing
10. Ground clearance is a bit bad ... had a couple of hits underneath already.
11. Steering is extremely responsive at even speeds >100-120 kmph.
12. Gear knobs - feel looks very refined

Overall driving experience feels better than Swift VDi, and the car looks extremely spacious and airy inside (A personal opinion). My first trip to marine drive was with 4 people at the back, and they felt quite comfortable (say they would be 4 guys & girls of average built).

Am slightly offtopic here below (Mods: please knock it off if you find so, but dont really know where else to ask)

Need help from people in Mumbai - I will need car accessories showroom for:

1. Seat covers
2. Car cover
3. Mud flaps
4. Anti-rust coating
5. Michelin XM1+ tyre price
6. Sunfilm

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbird77 (Post 1881569)
I have a Figo zxi Diesel. I hear a hissing noise when I turn the steering to the extreme right. Has any body else observed this?

- Thunderbird

Most probably from the hydraulic power steering pump.

Congrats Rustyran for your car. Happy motoring.
Period
I went to my dealer at Coimbatore to give fill and sign temp registration signatures and balance payment etc..
-No complaint from any of the customer about Black Dash - heating up
-Says Figo has better GC and they say the sound may be the from the front mudflaps. Have anybody noticed this
- Lifetime tax in TN is increased to 10% and my registration is to be done before 31st May.

My travails with the Figo continue.

Booked a white, petrol, LXI 35 days ago at Fortune, Hyderabad but to this day they cannot say when the car will be delivered.

Is tracking the car from order to delivery so difficult? Is this the general trend with all Figo bookings?

Has the car been sold at a premium? Please share.

it looks like the usual dealer stunt..

Mustang..where are you? whats your POV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeggina (Post 1881874)

Booked a white, petrol, LXI 35 days ago at Fortune, Hyderabad but to this day they cannot say when the car will be delivered.

Is tracking the car from order to delivery so difficult? Is this the general trend with all Figo bookings?

Post a query here. You should be getting a response.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ry-issues.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderbird77 (Post 1881569)

- Thunderbird

Its the normal sound that comes in all ford hydraulic power steerings but it is recommended that you dont keep your steering in that position for a long time. Loosen it a little & the sound will go.

Otherwise no reason to worry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeggina (Post 1881874)

With the delivery time normally being 6 weeks on average, dont think you should get tensed now. The situation is under control.

Regarding Figo being sold at premium, you got to be kidding with that statement. I was under the opinion that its the most aggressively priced one.