Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 06:46   #16
BHPian

This car will be driven mostly for city commute and occassionaly on the highway. I might take it out a few times on the high way till the charm wears off. I have an Innova for high way purposes.

Considering this, will I need to change the stock tyres. They are MRF ZVTS2k. If it is advisable to change tyres, what brand / model and size.

I am not planning to go for alloys and would like to go for tyres that fit on my existing steel rim. If I can increase the footprint of the tyre as well as height, then better.

Please advice as I will get the car on tuesday. I can shop around over the week end for a good deal.

Last edited by rrnsss : 12th February 2010 at 06:47.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:18   #17
BHPian

congratz dude..!
The swift will always bring a smile on your face when ever the turbo kicks in.
Bumper to bumper drive can be a bit frustrating though as most of the time you will have to drive in 1st gear.
You could go in for 195 size tyres.
Old 13th February 2010, 12:23   #18
BHPian

Hi any brand in particular? Also what should be the aspect ratio for the 195 size?
Old 13th February 2010, 22:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Happens all the time. Tough choice between practical vs passion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Also, it had an unacceptable waiting period.
Just did not make much of it but decided to ask anyway.

He said that it was a Swift Ldi White (My favourite colour). At that instant, I had a revelation, an out of body experience of sorts, I could .
Sould'nt it have gone to the next guy in line. ANyways good for you I guess.
Old 13th February 2010, 23:56   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Congratulations on the buy rrnsss. A refreshing report I must say.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi any brand in particular? Also what should be the aspect ratio for the 195 size?
BS,yokos and michellins are good options to look at.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:31   #22
BHPian

Got delivery of my car yesterday. ABT motors Egmore. The delivery was at their stockyard in Arumbakkam behind the ford showroom. Taken delivery by my grandpa and myself. 18 Km on the odo.

The delivery process was largely smooth. The Salesman was reasonably helpful even though it seemd like he was rushing through a bit. I did not mind. 5 liters of free diesel. Floor mats and mud flaps were free. My personal id (voter id) I had given for registeration was stapled in the middle. Did not appreciate that as it is a govt issued document and would be hard to replace if damaged. Told the salesman the same.

Drove the car back in moderate traffic. Enjoyed the smallness of the car. The engine seemed a bit dull. Have not had the chance to get the car above 30 kmph. May be this is the turbo lag that is being talked about. I felt that I was driving an old ambassador diesel. Also the A/C is not very robust. Both in my innova and Judo, the a/c can be felt in 60 - 90 seconds. This car takes a while to cool. The car I got came with Bridgestone tires. I was told that I will get my number plate today.I had asked for the cigrette lighter and the digital clock to be installed. They did not have the digital clock. ABT Charged me 400 Rs for the cigrette lighter.

Planning to take it on one long trip just to see how it behaves. After that it will be out and out city duties.

Planning ICE and tyre upgrades soon.
Attached Thumbnails
My city ride - bike on 4 wheels (Swift Diesel Ldi)-img_0846.jpg  

My city ride - bike on 4 wheels (Swift Diesel Ldi)-img_0840.jpg  

My city ride - bike on 4 wheels (Swift Diesel Ldi)-img_0841.jpg  

Last edited by rrnsss : 17th February 2010 at 10:34.
Old 17th February 2010, 12:46   #23
BHPian

I love the way you have put your thoughts down. In fact I can relate to some of it, having driven the WagonR in Bangalore traffic and loving the way it handles congested roads, tight parking spaces, etc. I was also seriously considering a WagonR before I finally settled on the Swift Diesel Of course, for me the car I bought also had to do highway duties, so the Swift was a bit more ahead from the beginning.

Like others have pointed out, I felt the engine getting freed up and getting more refined as the mileage increased. It did seem a bit strained when I drove it home from the dealership, but after putting some miles it's a lot more responsive. The a/c was quite effective from day one though. Might want to get it checked.

All the best,
Amit.

Quote:
At that instant, I had a revelation, an out of body experience of sorts, I could imagine myself in a Peted Swift, crusing at 100 kmph, pushing the acclerator pedal, being thrown to 130 Kmph in a few seconds, the hard breaking before corners, downshifting before entering the curve ahead of Vellore and stepping on it, acclerating through the bend, having a great time , throwing the car around corners with confidence, downshifting even when I dont have to to pass some one.... I had bad thoughts.

I knew that I was not good enough for the Wagon R and it deserved a better owner. Some one who will understand it and love it. Not some one like me, who will be Sitting in a wagon R and eyeing a Swift DDIS standing next to me at the signal and wondering about the improper and vulgar things I could do with it.

Last edited by king_julian : 17th February 2010 at 12:52.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:50   #24
BHPian

Guys changed my tyres to pirelli P400 Aquamile. 185 size. That was the max I could go with the steel rims. I wanted to get it done before I took the car on the highway.

I dont feel much of a difference except the steering is marginally tighter. Next is to add sunfilm and a bluetooth enabled car stereo which can take phone calls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks