Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 10:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Color is superb. Try to source some good alloys. And also add after market fog lamps.
Old 12th March 2010, 21:32   #17
BHPian

Congrats. Sure its a great car.Bought a white one in Jan10.Got a discount of around 35K. Initially wanted a blue one - still love that color - but majority opinion ruled!White is also great - have driven it around 600 kms.Has been giving 14.4 km/l in city. Drove from Dehradun to Chandigarh and back .This also involved hilly terrain aswell in Himachal Pradesh. Got a FE of 19.4 km/l. Am very happy - though only saddened at the poor sale of the car. Gives a sense of insecurity - regarding long term maintenance, availability of spares, accessories, etc.
Old 13th March 2010, 10:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Gives a sense of insecurity - regarding long term maintenance, availability of spares, accessories, etc.
Well, I don't think you have to be insecured about it. Infact the Jazz sales have picked the momentum over a month or so. Remember that Honda even introduced a "Select Edition". This is an indication that Indian consumers are even ready to pay an extra premium for quality.
Honda didn't expect this hatch to top the sales charts either as this is a premium hatch which which has created a niche market in itself in terms of space quality and design.
Old 13th March 2010, 11:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Honda Jazz and the first month of ownership

Jaaz is a very practical city car. in my view, it appears to be expensive, but when one looks at overall cost of onwership it would workout more or less same with other cars in that category.

generally automotive OEMs keep critical spare parts for 7 years from the date of discontinuation of the model. Jaaz has been just introduced in India so one should not worry about spare parts availability

Due to the perceived high price positioning, Jaaz owners end up in a selective or unique group.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:21   #20
BHPian

2nd Service Done -Completed 3000 Kms

Hi Guys,

My Jazz just had her second free service done and also completed 3000 kms. Gave it to Arya Honda, Sewree workshop. Overall, very satisfied with the service. I must mention here that there is a marked change in service levels from Shaman Group while servicing an Honda customer. The same workshop in Sewree till 2 years back was servicing TATA cars (when Shaman was a dealer) and where i used to give my Indica. The service levels then were just about adequate, to say the least.

Total cost was Rs.824 for engine oil change. Opted for the normal oil instead of synthetic.

The car is running absolutely fine and i am getting a consistent mileage of 13 to 13.5 in Mumbai city traffic with 100% AC on. No issues to report. Not even minor. One can feel the Japanese precision with which it is built.

I also did a 400 km round journey to Nashik this weekend. It was fun to drive on the new highway and i enjoyed the drive better than the Pune expressway. Partly because of the very sparse traffic on Nashik side as compared to Pune. The car is very stable and i easily managed to take it to over 100 kms. Got a overall mileage of 16.5 which included about 40 kms driving in Nashik city mostly in 2nd and 3rd gear.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:34   #21
BHPian

I simply love this colour on the Jazz. It looks amazing, coupled with those dark grey wheel covers.

Congratulations on your purchase.
Old 4th March 2011, 16:27   #22
BHPian

One Year Ownership Report

Hi Guys,

My Honda Jazz celebrated its first birthday in Feb and has now completed 11500 kms. I am putting down my thoughts for the first year of ownership.
  • The car is as smooth as on the first day of ownership. No complaints on this front. Not even minor.
  • I am consistently getting about 14 to 15 kms in city traffic from Dadar to Powai daily and about 17 to 18 kms on the highway. However this is acheived by driving sedately and switching off at long traffic signals.
  • The ride over potholes and rough surfaces is little annoying since every bump is brought to notice in the cabin.
  • Pick up is great for a 1.2 litre engine and the engine is ever responsive and eager to jump to high speeds.
  • The music system is simply mind blowing and my friends are so impressed when i connect my Ipod through the aux input.
  • The "J" of the Jazz behind peeled off a couple of times and i have put it together by using fevi quick.
  • The outside rear view mirrors are very long and quite a few bikers brush against it and once a BEST bus also got near and scaped it. Thankfully it were minor scratches and got them touched up during service.
  • Arya Honda Sewree have been impressive in their service. I get a royal treatment every time but that is probably because most of the other Honda Cars are brought to service by their drivers. The same Sewree place was so different during my TATA Indica service.
Arya Honda Sewree managed to sell me their one year maintenance contract for 15K. It includes 4 services including labour,oil change etc, two wheel alignments, two PUC's, One detailed interior cleaning and one exterior polishing. As per Arya Honda i will save about Rs.2k if i pay each time on service schedules. Need to know from other Jazz owners if this was worth it.

I am planning to put seat covers now and i have got a quote for good quality synthetic leather covers for Rs. 7.5K. Any suggestions are welcome.

Overall very happy with the choice and the one year experience has been very good.
Old 4th March 2011, 17:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Honda Jazz-Deep Sapphire Blue

very glad to know that you have completed one year of trouble-free ownership with your Jazz. Ultimately it is the satisfaction of the owner which matters.
I have completed 6 months/5500 kms with my Jazz and am thoroughly impressed with it. Yes, the stiff ride quality at slow speeds and some missing features (USB/BT/ACC/folding mirrors/boot lamp etc.) are the only negatives according to me.
Old 6th March 2011, 19:50   #24
BHPian

Good show.My car completed one year this January.Have done only 3456 kms till now. Absolutely no issues except one occasional sound from the rear at times, something like the silencer drum touching something.Though only I seem to hear it !! Got the car checked in the 4th service.Alls fine.Only cause for concern is Honda's poor marketing and no solid attempts to increase sales like even Skoda's doing with Fabia.
Old 6th March 2011, 20:13   #25
BHPian

I bought a used 2009 Jazz - Deep Sapphire Blue with 19K on the odometer last week. Jazz is fun to drive and I am enjoying driving it!
Old 6th March 2011, 21:10   #26
BHPian

Congrats@altius. Can you please tell how much it cost you and the owners reason for selling it off ? Thanks.

Last edited by amit162 : 6th March 2011 at 21:11.
Old 6th March 2011, 22:06   #27
BHPian

Thanks Amit. I got it for 5.4L + 2% dealer commision. The reason cited was owner relocating abroad, but i suppose that is a standard explanation. I didn't bother too much about it as I liked the car and got it evaluated by a honda dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Congrats@altius. Can you please tell how much it cost you and the owners reason for selling it off ? Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks