Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 12:29   #16
BHPian

Congrats. The car looks nice. I agree with you that i10 is the perfect car for the city. Also since u stay in tamilnadu get the anti-rust coating done. And post more pics please!!
Old 18th February 2010, 13:46   #17
BHPian

i10 Sports is a nice car. We picked the one with Auto Transmission .

I had initially booked the i10 Sports manual from HMP but cancelled the booking later on.

satheesh1909 - Can you try and find out if your 09 Sports Manual transmission has got an engine immobiliser or not. HMP tried to sell us from their old stock and were offering a 40k off on cars without immobiliser in Dec and Jan.

They even took advance from us and only when i added on the order form that car should have immobiliser that they called up later on saying that their stock of cars dont have this feature and thus the discount.

Please get this checked.

In case it does not have then i would advise you to add more safety features on your car.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:01   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
i10 Sports is a nice car. We picked the one with Auto Transmission .

I had initially booked the i10 Sports manual from HMP but cancelled the booking later on.

satheesh1909 - Can you try and find out if your 09 Sports Manual transmission has got an engine immobiliser or not. HMP tried to sell us from their old stock and were offering a 40k off on cars without immobiliser in Dec and Jan.

They even took advance from us and only when i added on the order form that car should have immobiliser that they called up later on saying that their stock of cars dont have this feature and thus the discount.

Please get this checked.

In case it does not have then i would advise you to add more safety features on your car.

Congrats. Sportz version is the best VFM you can get on i10. No upgrades needed, if you wanted a slow and steady ride in the city. (Discounting tyres).

Most of the main items, available. I have 7 month old Sportz AT, which is a breeze to drive in the city. Have not taken for long drives. (though I dont even intend to). Nice pictures. Alloys look good. I have not changed my tyre config. I am OK with it for the moment.

Strictly meant for the city. A ideal city companion.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:37   #19
BHPian

Congrats!

Hey Sateesh, congrats for the new car. I have a Oyster Grey Sportz & its awesome! Comes with loads of accessories, got the autocop, sun-film free just did the Teflon & seat covers. Congrats once again.
Old 18th February 2010, 14:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
... Strictly meant for the city. A ideal city companion.
Surprising you say that.
If its strictly for city, 1.1 epsilon is a better choice any day.
1.2 on such a small and light car would display its prowess on highways.
Old 18th February 2010, 15:14   #21
BHPian

Congrats!

Hey Sateesh, congrats for the new car. I have a Oyster Grey Sportz & its awesome! Comes with loads of accessories, got the autocop, sun-film free just did the Teflon & seat covers. Congrats once again.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great choice of ride. Looks different in White. Alloys looks killer with red lip.
Does the sports model come with rear spoiler?
Old 18th February 2010, 17:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

nice color and wheels are great looking. I think a set of projectors will really go well with this colour. enjoy.
Old 18th February 2010, 21:32   #24
BHPian

that is one good looking car. white car + black alloys =
Old 19th February 2010, 02:28   #25
BHPian

@petroheadkaran,manishkapadia,ampere,ulhas.ahirrao ,Ramsagar,kutlee,ishotmydog -Thank you all.

@ikoneer - would be visiting treadstone by next month , have to change the tyres by then. my tyres were almost 2000kms old now, i donno how much they would offer me for those.

@petroheadkaran - will have to get the anti-rust coating done, how much are they costing? and sorry got my camera repaired, will put pics soon.

@manishkapadia - i'm afraid mine is a non immobiliser one. What safety feature would you advice?

@WindRide,ampere - i10 is a gud car even for highways, i recently made a 500km trip and the car never felt underpowered even during overtakings. i constantly drove around 90-110Kmph and even did some 130s and the car is great, but i miss the ABS.

@Ramsagar - yeah the sportz model comes with the rear spoiler.

@kutlee- would certainly love to have a set of projectors, may be in a couple of months, right now i'm a bit low in vitamin M.
Old 19th February 2010, 11:06   #26
BHPian

Satheesh - At the least go for the Hyundai security system . It will also give you the 2 keyless remotes with the same.

Find out if there are some other systems with immobiliser retro fitting . Else just for the Hyundai and add something like gear / steering lock

I negotiated the same with the dealer and purchased Hyundai system @ Rs 2000
Its genuine accessory and will also come with a 3 year warranty.
Old 19th February 2010, 15:31   #27
BHPian

Satheesh - Congrats on your new car.

Did you try Kun Hyundai (Anna nagar), they were giving Remote Locking, Sun films, Seat Cover & ICE as part of freebies in December. I was planning to buy i10 kappa from them but instead went for Ritz VXI. KUN were providing all these freebies for i10 Kappa.
Old 19th February 2010, 19:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude, your alloys look real cool. Nice Combination
Old 20th February 2010, 01:29   #29
BHPian

@manishkapadia- I got the remote locking fixed from the HMP for some 2200rs i guess. Will ask them about the gear/steering lock sometime next week.

@mvaidy - thanks mate and congrats for the Ritz,
I never checked at KUN. HMP being managed by Hyundai themselves, I went to them directly. They gave me 3m sunfilms for free and i got remote locking and fog lamp for Rs.5000+ ,both.

@Mi10 - thanks man, Saw your car in the album, WOW, excellent man. mindblowin ICE set up. how much did they set you back? ICE.
Those alloys and tyres match the car very well. BTW does changing the tyre size show substancial change in F.E.
since I have bought a 13' alloys already I dont really have much choice, would have to go fo the 175/80/r13 tyres.
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:16   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satheesh1909 View Post
since I have bought a 13' alloys already I dont really have much choice, would have to go fo the 175/80/r13 tyres.
Please check - as far as I know,175/80R13 will not suit the i10

I am a fan of silver alloys and so couldn't appreciate the black ones;this is just my personal view.Else choice of car and colour is great

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks