Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new buy Raghu, white is a very nice colour, happy motoring.
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:44   #17
BHPian

Congratulations gowda79.
The third dew white manza on Team-BHP!

EDIT: Do ask your brother to post the initial review as soon as possible!

Last edited by aman9393 : 22nd March 2010 at 17:46.
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:18   #18
BHPian

Congratulations! I always loved Manza it looks stunning. I also wanted one, but didn't have the required Vitamin'M'!!
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

congrats Gowda! White in the manza is just stunning!
which dealer did buy it from? Please also post about the buying experience.

Nice car again
Old 22nd March 2010, 20:09   #20
BANNED

WOW. 2 pearl silver beauties.

Gowdre "OK TATA BYE BYE" family now

Yeenu saar? New wife, New Car. What more..... ?

Congratulations once again.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:43   #21
BHPian

Dear all;

Thanks for all the good wishes........will surely share the buying experience & the initial driving experience with all at the earliest.

Till then you can enjoy some more photos
Attached Thumbnails
The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-1.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-2.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-3.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-4.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-5.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-6.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-8.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-7.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-9.jpg  

The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS-10.jpg  

Last edited by kdeepakk : 22nd March 2010 at 22:52.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Gowda,

Congrats on the buy! Looks a charm in this color!

Pearl white, dew white - what the hell? Do you plan to get into politics after coming back? All that will be missing is a white towel, as seat cover, and you are set to play the role!

Congrats mate!

Now, out with the experience write up.

And, have a great time at Singapore! ( )
Mate do you think i suit for Politics and man no white towel for seat covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Congrats on your new purchase! Also wishing your family many happy kms of ownership of the Prince!
Am thinking there is going to be a royal battle between you brothers to claim the driver's seat in either of your cars, on your next trip home .
That's true Kamath

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Raghu, Congrats on an excellent VFM buy!

First the King, now the Prince.......next is what?
Need to see Suman Bhai, what's waiting next......

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Congratulations on the Prince, the 3rd White one on TBHP.

IMHO, the 1 month waiting is good considering that the demand will increase a little in this period to take advantage of depreciation and also the new BSIV norms.
Yes as it is due to the BS4 norms & the increase in demand which has made the waiting period nearly 1 month and not hype created by other manugfacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Sir,

The white Safari and the white Manza are making a strong case for themselves.

Manza with a nice set of alloys will look even better.
True, Alloys are in line and will be done in next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
gowdrey

it looks real huge. the only difference between a linea and a manza may i dare say is manza is a linea with good service option ;-)

congratulations.
True Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Congrats on the new buy Raghu, white is a very nice colour, happy motoring.
Lukey longtime no see, no chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Congratulations gowda79.
The third dew white manza on Team-BHP!

EDIT: Do ask your brother to post the initial review as soon as possible!
I guess there are more Dew White's and the review will be coming in next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Congratulations! I always loved Manza it looks stunning. I also wanted one, but didn't have the required Vitamin'M'!!
Ulhas may your dream come true for the new Manza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
congrats Gowda! White in the manza is just stunning!
which dealer did buy it from? Please also post about the buying experience.

Nice car again
We bought the car from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road Branch and buying experience will be quoted by brother as he was the one who co-ordinated all the paper works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
WOW. 2 pearl silver beauties.

Gowdre "OK TATA BYE BYE" family now

Yeenu saar? New wife, New Car. What more..... ?

Congratulations once again.
Pavan not Silver it is White, after 2 Maruti's now it's time for 2 Tata's.

Need to see whatelse has been queued up by god...........

Guys thanks to all for the wishes and the thread will be update on time to time.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:59   #23
BHPian

The front end picture of your Manza looks mean!
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:20   #24
BHPian

Congrats Gowda. A true value for MONEY such a big statement can be substituted by a small word as "MANZA"

Enjoy happy motoring.

Last edited by rki2007 : 23rd March 2010 at 11:21. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:11   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete driving / ownership report on your car.

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or any support team member once you are ready to update this thread with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th March 2010 at 10:11. Reason: correction
Old 24th March 2010, 14:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Concorde Experience - man this story is too long and can make a nice movie out of it.

The reason for all these story below is these guys say one and happens something else, they are not committed to the work.

We booked the car on 18th Feb 2010 with an assurance sayin vehicle will be delivered by 12 March 2010. Please remember this line; the color booked was Satin Gold. The decision was taken against Gowda79 decision of the white. The vehicle was booked with Concorde Motors Mysore Road, and Sales Manager was Mr. Ravi. So we dint bother to follow up on the same.

On 25th Feb our Sales Guy calls and says our vehicle is dispatched and will be reaching by28th Feb. On 28th we call the Sales Guy and he says vehicle is still in Pune because of lorry strike the vehicle is not dispatched & it will be dispatched in next couple of days and it will reach by 10th Mar.

On 10th March there was an update saying vehicle will be reaching on 12th March instead of 10th. On 12th morning I call the sales guy who in turn appoints his subordinate (a lady) to update the status, the lady says the vehicle has reached Bangalore and will be unloaded today & PDI will be done on 13th, so out of curiosity I asked if I can go their stockyard and see the vehicle. They obliged and told me to go to their yard in Sarjapur road. I left office (ecity) around 4pm and reach the yard around 5pm. I check with the security if any manza has arrived today, for a shock he says today only vista,indica & Punto have come, no signs of manza.

I immediately call the Sales girl in the showroom, one more shock, she says vehicle has arrived Bangalore but not reached but not reached stockyard and will reach on Saturday morning. Now I was suspicious about the delivery on 15th also, we needed the car by 15th cos the next day was festival. On Saturday morning I call the stockyard directly still the vehicle has not arrived, the sales guy updates Monday morning vehicle will reach the yard and the PDI will be done and same day it will be dispatched to showroom for delivery.

So waited for Monday, and called the sales guy, ringing no response, then called the sales girl, then she updates vehicle has conked outside Bangalore so delivery is not possible. So the mood is gone, patience patience and all in control “All is well” “ All is well”. I say atleast on Tuesday the festival day can I get the delivery? Answer is no, because showroom is closed & all will be back to work on Thursday only. Finally lost control and blast the sales girl as the sales guy in not responding on calls. She says what shall I do, I am just updating what the status is.

So the story continues…..

Thursday morning, I get a call from the same sales girl saying vehicle has arrived the stockyard and will be unloaded by 12pm & delivery by evening. I was happy, and started to office. On the way I get a call saying ‘ sir, there are 14 manza’s which has come and landed in yard and your satin gold is also there, but there is one small problem, your vehicle bumper is damaged during the transit’. I told, its fine, you please replace and give delivery by evening. She accepted and disconnected. 2pm I get the call from same lady ‘sir, one more problem, the car under chassis is also damaged, so we need to send the car back, so no delivery today’. I started shouting how come only one car is damaged, and the answer was “Sir out of 14 Cars, 9 Cars are damaged and the investigation is on”.

Now the matter is damn irritating, I disconnect and call the Sales Manager, he also sings the same song and gets lot of appreciations. I asked how many cars are in good condition & which are not allotted to people. They take 2mins time and check the status of the cars. Sir, only two cars are available one is red & one is dew white. He asked for some more time to confirm on the same. After 15 mins the call comes with confirmation “ Sir, only Dew White available”. I asked for 30mins to decide and call Gowda79 in Singapore. Guess what!!!!!! A huge laugh from the other side, cos that is what he had told earlier, immediate green signal for delivery.

The same was reciprocated to sales guy and told to deliver it on Friday evening sharp 4pm. “All is well" till now. Friday morning I call the sales girl to confirm on the status, and she say everything in control, 4pm delivery confirmed. In meantime the RTO guys of showroom were in touch checking if I need any particular number. Gowda79 wanted The King number on The Prince also which was told will cost Rs.35,000/- and later which was not encouraged.

2pm I call the sales girl Madam any update? The madam say, sir I will call you at 5pm then you leave your house & take the delivery by 6pm.
5pm, no call, 5:15pm – no call , can’t control yaar, called the sales girl…..Madam you dint call. From the other side “Sir give me 2mins I will call”. Everybody in the residence are ready to go to showroom, then the mobile rings. The voice says, “Sir there is some problem in the brake system, oil leakage & ABS is not working, so no delivery today”. Now All is not Well, I start the blasting to her poor girl what can she do cos she is just telling what the sale manager is saying.

Now the turn is of the sales guy, as usual ringing no response. I call the girl again and ask for the GM number and promptly she gives. I call him, Ringing no response. After 7 calls, he picks up & I give him back royally. He says he will get back in 10mins as he is outside. Now the sales Guys calls for his share and he gets it for 10mins. After that he says he will get it sorted out by evening and calls me. At 10pm in the night I get call from the PDI guy saying the vehicle is ready (promptly working after getting blasting) - Appreciated this thing

Next day morning, it’s a Saturday, I call the sales guy and say to keep the vehicle ready in showroom by 5pm, and I am coming for delivery. At 5pm I visit the showroom, vehicle still not there and the reason is its coming from the dairy circle branch. 6pm the vehicle comes and goes for washing & polishing. I told them to do a good job and I will take delivery on Sunday. By 8pm the vehicle ready, we made it park inside the showroom and leave for the day. Till we left the sales guy was with us only.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Initial Report -

In Past 2 days I have driven only around 200kms because I am yet to receive the number plates. In this 200kms, the vehicle is very good. The engine noise is very less, sometimes in the city traffic you will not know if it’s on or off.

Gears Power Delivery -

The first gear is good and powerfull.
The second is bad no power. The vehicle switched off twice in the second gear cos we are used to petrol & this is diesel car ( Safari diesel is a different category) - need to adjust to this gear and takes some driving done.
The third & fourth gear is good.

Blue 5 -

I pair my mobile to Blue 5 and its super. I made almost around 5-6 calls cos the clarity and signal was really good and for the first time I was enjoying the hands free.

Shock Absorbers -

Now coming to the shocks this is great many of the Bangalore pot holes will be taken care by this car.

DIS -

Coming to the mileage, the average is showing on the DIS is 8km and the temperature is showing 35C. Funny thing about the temperature gauge is, on the previous day the car was parked in the showroom under air-condition and was still showing around 30 degrees. Am not relying on this gauge for temperature, the safari gauge is better.

Lights -

The headlamps are powerful, but the fog lamps not so much, sometimes you don’t feel it’s on or not. There is some small sound in the right side rear door other than that there is no niggles ( touch wood ). One bad thing is overtaking in city traffic might be a constraint in second or third gear.

Buzzer Advantage -

One good thing is if you don’t wear the seat belts, the seat belt alarm will be beeping. So now it’s become a good habit of wearing seat belts.

The things I have not tried till now is the USB, highway drive, rough road driving and a heavy traffic driving. Will update you all on the next drives at the earliest.

I just wanted all of you to know what the experience was and if you don’t sit on the sales guy head the get your job done. This was one of our horrible experiences in the past 4 cars which we have brought. The two maruti cars delivery was good as I was an ex-employee of one of the maruti dealers & the safari was also very smooth cos the sales guy was my friend

Will post some photos at the earliest.

The review and sales experience written by kdeepakk as till now i did not get chance to lay my hands on the car.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:41   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

No wonder if Concorde is doing this to a TATA product, what will be the fate of FIAT. Now I am circumspect on recommending this showroom for the Punto purchase by my cousin.

You should demanded a whole lot of freebies by threatening them that he would go to the media and TATA.

By the way congrats again
Old 25th March 2010, 09:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
No wonder if Concorde is doing this to a TATA product, what will be the fate of FIAT. Now I am circumspect on recommending this showroom for the Punto purchase by my cousin.

You should demanded a whole lot of freebies by threatening them that he would go to the media and TATA.

By the way congrats again
Krishna we have a very good relation with Concorde people as we go for our Safari service to the same place and never had such kind of experience.

The communication between Tata - Concorde - Customer is where the gap is coming up.
Old 31st March 2010, 15:13   #30
BHPian

The Prince completed 800kms in 7 days.

We had our first long drive to a temple which is 160kms from Bangalore via Mysore.

For the first time prince was hitting the highway & he was happy to do the same. As soon as we crossed the Kengeri, the Prince started zipping around, within no time he was touching 100km/hr mark. Then suddenly I realized to keep below 100 as Prince needs to get used to it till 1000km mark.

The car was filled with 5 adults & 2 kids.

Couple of negative observations:

• When loaded Chassis will kiss many of the humps on Mysore road
• The temperature gauge in DIS does not want to reduce, it’s always 35c even at 10pm in the night
• There is sound coming in the back doors when we open the door, it’s something like “tuc” noise
• If you don’t maintain your rpm above 1k, you will not have punch in the pick up
• Need of dummy pedal is felt on long drive
• Some noise from the left shock absorbers
• Sometimes ABS looks week, but it’s not bad
• If you sweat, then your steering wheel becomes bit slippery
• The highway drive is good, but the drive in the King (safari) is the best
• In city traffic driving, the engine temperature will almost go to 3rd mark on the meter
• The headlight alignment is not done in PDI, its aligned to left. If you honk somebody from behind, they leave the space on left thinking vehicle is on left
• The head light distance on highway is short, need to go for powerful bulbs. In some of the curve roads it will be difficult to drive / if some lorry parked on the right side on the highway it is difficult to see them from a distance
• No photos were taken in the long drive, cos once you sit in driver seat, you don’t feel like getting down
• If you have a brother/sister/wife etc. who knows driving, you will end up fighting always to sit in the driver’s seat

Couple of other good observations:

• Overall Mileage was only 16kmpl
• City driving mileage is 14.5kmpl
• Highway Mileage is 18kmpl
• Overtaking above 2rpm is great
• Back seat comfort & leg space is very good for 3 adults
• Blue5 is very good, taking calls or playing songs from mobile is easy
• Radio antenna is very powerful, received signal around 100kms away from Bangalore also
• Yesterday for the first time temperature meter (in DIS ) hit 24c after heavy rains ( congrats Tata it finally worked ) Till yesterday the temperature was always 32 – 35c
• Shock absorbers take almost all the pot holes, you don’t feel them
• If travelling through villages and if your car is dew white & if it is having a big garland on the bonnet, you will get regular salutes & namaskars by people. They think some minister is travelling in the car. ( when we are in Safari, even some constables salute )
• Seeing the Prince, two of my colleagues have booked Manza & couple of new girls have started seeing me !!
• My neighbors friend who wanted to buy SX4 is now planning manza

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th December 2010 at 23:14. Reason: Please stick to the 2-smileys-per-post rule. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks