Team-BHP - Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/78114-tata-indigo-manza-quadrajet-aura-plus-monarch-red-2.html)

Congratulations, repeat customers for a particular car manufacturer are always a sign of confidence. Good for the Tata's and I hope they will go the extra mile to have happier customers.

Congrats on the new addition to your garage! A City, a Marina, and now a Manza! Would be interesting when you compare the three :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1800517)
Well.. more in the next post and that should draw 'We told you so' from the senior members.

What is with the suspense?!! :D

congratulations on your new purchase!

was looking at the 4th picture and look at how small the old indigo appears in comparision to the manza! cars have really grown by generation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1802077)
congratulations on your new purchase!

was looking at the 4th picture and look at how small the old indigo appears in comparision to the manza! cars have really grown by generation.

+1 to that. You can also see the Linea parked next to the Manza and it too looks smaller.

From personal experience, the Manza seems bigger inside than what it looks outside

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkamath (Post 1800701)
PS: The 4th picture of the car parked almost next to the Vista, gives it a taller look. Is that due to the upsized tyres alone, or is the bodyshell (doors, fenders, etc) different too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowda79 (Post 1800723)
Kamath if you observe it correctly the parking is slanting

gowda79 seems to have the answer though I have not consciously felt a gradient there as the height of both Vista and Manza are similar as per the website. Did not do a comparison of that sort and am not good as far as such details are concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 1800867)
Wow That was a quick Purchase. Chasing the sales reps to deliver the car on the same day is quite an achievement in itself.

Since the advance was with them, I did not want a chance where they could give it to somebody else who was ready with the full payment. In fact, a doctor was pestering them for a Red on that day.

Moreover I am impatient once I have payed the full amount. It was a cat and mouse game and I could persuade them without losing my temper. And it was resolved just with a talk with the sales executives themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuraliR (Post 1800906)
But, why so many people to hand-over the keys? Is it a norm in that part of the country?

This many is not usually the scene. 3 or 4 people I have always seen. Flag is first time for me. Others were clapping. Actually I gave one of them my HTC to capture that shot or else he also would have been in that crowd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palio_2005 (Post 1800986)
Congrats Rajesh. So your love affair with Tata's continue. Happy motoring.

Not my fault! They make spacious cars. With our generous structures we look at space first and everything else after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1801119)
congratulations dude, how was your initial impression compared to NHC? More pics awaited ;)

A little time, please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya116 (Post 1801497)
was wondering sir why you didnt choose the linea from the same showroom?

Space and a lower seating. Actually I felt more comfortable in the Punto than in the Linea space wise. Strange, but true, I checked twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utopian (Post 1801547)
Great choice of color. Now, waiting for some interior pics and some words on the driving experience.
PS Your sales executive seems to be really delighted on delivering you the car.:D

Thanks. Will do that shortly. Getting rid of that pesky customer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adits (Post 1802731)
You can also see the Linea parked next to the Manza and it too looks smaller.

The Manza is taller than the Linea and the shape of the Linea disguises its size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adits (Post 1802731)
From personal experience, the Manza seems bigger inside than what it looks outside

Amazing, the space inside! At 5'11 I can sit behind the fully backed up seat with gap between the seat and my knees (and legs).

Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-image_966.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1801037)
Waiting for the next post.
Having said that, as a senior tata vehicle owner, there is probably nothing we can tell you that you don't know about already :)

Sorry, a little more wait is required. Well, I have been lucky with my Tata cars and so I may have a lot to learn still. But this was not about just Tata cars, but more to do with the forum!

trrk, Congratulations on your new Car clap:. Manza is indeed a great buy. The space inside is absolutely mind boggling and it feels a lil peppier than the Linea too.

Today I spotted a Monarch Red in our apartment parking, Off late I have started seeing quite a few Manzas on the roads in Bangalore.

My friend is talking to Vinod Mahadevan at Concorde to buy a Manza Quadrajet next month.

I have read that you did not take the insurance from Concorde. How much did they quote? And if you don't mind could you please share how much did you have to shell out for insurance & which company?

Congrats on your new acquisition doc.. So that's the second Tata in the stable - right ?

We bought a Manza for our company in December and I just did a trip to Manipal and back in it a couple of days ago. Tons of space - could manage to fit in the whole of my daughter's belongings in the boot + half the rear seat (She was coming back to Bangalore after completing her MBBS course).

My only major compaint about the Manza is the low speed pickup (other than the Tata finish of course). If you're a a faster than normal driver and the traffic is heavy, you end up having to shift gears far too often to overtake - gave me a sore elbow at the end of the ~1000 km trip.

Congratulations on your Manza. Very nice and clear pictures. Do keep updating this thread with your initial experiences.

Very surprised ! Nice choice and color.

Time to edit your signature. :)

-Marina LS, Oct 05, 66240 (68166) kms, 13.92 kpl, 44km/day
-City CVT, Sep 07, 45349 kms, 13.32 kpl, 52 km/day
-Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus, March 10

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydofcochin (Post 1803741)
My friend is talking to Vinod Mahadevan at Concorde to buy a Manza Quadrajet next month.

His assistant did my sale. My buying experience was good. They obliged all my cranky requests!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydofcochin (Post 1803741)
I have read that you did not take the insurance from Concorde. How much did they quote? And if you don't mind could you please share how much did you have to shell out for insurance & which company?

It was there in the Initial sheet image that I posted. It was 23805. Never asked from whom, but they were mnetioning about some zero depreciation policy. Since all my insurance needs have been catered by one person in Alleppey, I opted for my own policy.

The company is United india Insurance Co Ltd. It was 16944, they do not have zero depreciation policies. I have been given the maximum possible discount, as per my contact.

Frankly, even it was near to the figure that they quoted, I would have gone through him. Long connection and I honour that more than 'other' benefits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kala (Post 1803863)
Congrats on your new acquisition doc.. So that's the second Tata in the stable - right ?

Right now, yes. But chronologically this is my 5th. Long back, there was a Kala I knew in a BBS.

Quote:

(She was coming back to Bangalore after completing her MBBS course).

I did a similar trip way back in 1982 from Belgaum in an old Toyota Corona and only the front passenger seat was relatively empty. Did the trip alone.

Quote:

My only major compaint about the Manza is the low speed pickup (other than the Tata finish of course).

With a legal speed limit of 70kph and me adhering to it, I have more or less remained in the 1500 to 2000 region for gear changes and at about 60 to 70 in 5th the RPM varies between 1400 and 1700. I am just learning the ropes here.

My high speed driving days are long gone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simhi (Post 1803930)
Very nice and clear pictures. Do keep updating this thread with your initial experiences.

Thanks. I am sort of tied up, having created a mess of myself with this purchase.

@Jk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1804461)
Very surprised ! Nice choice and color.

Time to edit your signature. :)

-Marina LS, Oct 05, 66240 (68166) kms, 13.92 kpl, 44km/day
-City CVT, Sep 07, 45349 kms, 13.32 kpl, 52 km/day
-Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus, March 10

I am surprised myself. Still reeling from the shock myself!

Thanks.

I tried to do it with the usual parameters that I put in and it says 'too long'! Then I thought that length should fit in once the dust settles around me!

:OT

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1805456)
Long back, there was a Kala I knew in a BBS.

Hehe.. I thought the way I addressed you as "doc" should have been a clincher. :D In my limited reading of this forum, I don't think I've seen anyone else addressing you that way - so I had to be someone who knew you from long ago, right ?

Nice bumping into you here again :)

Thank you for the info trrk. Enjoy your Manza :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1801842)
Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1800517)
Well.. more in the next post and that should draw 'We told you so' from the senior members.

What is with the suspense?!! :D

This suspense has not been broken yet, right? Or did I miss it?!!

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1808349)
This suspense has not been broken yet, right? Or did I miss it?!!

Not yet.

Here goes:

So with a sweet box and a 5 litre free diesel coupon, we said our good byes and left Concorde. 75 metres and a turn to the right on the service road of the Ernakulam byepass, I had my first moments of disappointment.

See the steering:
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-image_968.jpg

This was how the steering was when the vehicle was going straight. Well, I continued on to the petrol pump and saw that the car was not veering to any side except for the odd steering position.

Well, with an airbag equipped car, it is not easy to set the steering straight.

So after filling, I drove back to the service centre. I had sent my driver in the other car to the service centre to give advance warning.

I must say that I got a royal reception at the service centre, right from the watchman to everybody else. The whole place was abuzz with the fact that a 'just now delivered' car is coming back with a problem. As it is I was 'noted' for insisting on same day delivery!

I was taken directly to the service manager. I already knew that they would not be able to handle it that day as it was closing time. I was offered a pick up and delivery the next day since they did not want sentimentally to take back a 'just delivered' car back for service.

I took it back the next day and they corrected it perfectly in about 90 minutes time.

Though I had seen that car in the showroom prior to booking, no pre booking, pre delivery inspections were made.

I know: 'We told you so!'.

But even after so many years, taking a new car is all excitement and so everything else is put in a back burn.

And as a first time customer of Concorde, I think they fulfilled all my whims and fancies and so I am happy with the whole experience.

Rajesh Ji, congratulations, you have become the loyal customer of Tata, surprised Safari is not in your stable :)

Now I will have to plan a very long due trip to your place to test drive your Manza :). What's the fate of CVT now?