Team-BHP - Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/78114-tata-indigo-manza-quadrajet-aura-plus-monarch-red.html)

Hi,

LONG POST.

I took delivery of the above on 22/03/2010.

As a rare case, I actually saw the car which is going to be given to me even before giving an advance for it.

20/03/2010

The following three images of the car are courtesy my friend who had come there for enquiring about accessories for his Nano.
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-manza.jpg

Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-manza1.jpg

Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-manza2.jpg

I was asked for an advance of Rs 10000.00 to book the car. I insisted that I would take my own insurance. Then I was given this to complete the remaining formalities.
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-manzaconcordepreliminarysheet.jpg

I was told that if I pay up on 22/03/2010, I would be able to take delivery on any subsequent day. And ironically that was the only day in the week horoscopically good to take delivery of the vehicle. Since my wife as well as in laws strongly believe that, a formal key handover ceremony was agreed upon for the 22nd.

When I asked for the VIN number, I was told that I can be given that only after invoicing and was advised to take an open cover note for insurance. Though I had already noted down the VIN from the car (they did not have another car in the same colour in their yard), I was not going to use it for the cover note and I did not tell them that I already had the VIN.

I had arranged for the DD by 09.30AM on 22nd. As soon as I got it, I called up my sales executive and told her that all papers would reach them in time for invoicing and temporary registration. I also requested her to give delivery of the vehicle that day evening itself even if it is a little late. She gave excuses and I asked her to talk to somebody higher up.

After half an hour, her colleague called up and repeated the same excuses. I explained to him that in spite of all the preliminary talks and test drives (multiple) with RF Motors (with whom I have been in touch since I took my Marina from them in 2005) all that they had in their favour was that they had the colour we wanted ready for delivery (RF Had only Black Aura Plus, and had other colours including Red in Aura ABS), the least that they could do was to give me this one concession. He said he would talk to their manager and get back.

Meanwhile my insurance paper was getting delayed due to computer problems at the insurance office.

At 11, my sales executive called and agreed to deliver the car that day itself provided all the necessary papers reach them by noon.

I packed off my driver with the DD and other papers (except the insurance) in my City and told him to reach it to the showroom.

The insurance paper reached me at 11.45. I left with it in my Marina and reached there an hour later. Meanwhile I was called and assured that formalities have been started and temporary registration would be done as soon as the insurance cover note reaches them. I reached there at 12.45 and handed over the papers.

I sent the driver back immediately in the Marina. Had some work in the Honda City and reached Alleppey at about 04.25. Five minutes later we (wife and myself) left for taking delivery of the car (the dealer was 52 kms away) with the driver on tow to drive back the Honda. Incidentally I had my lunch in the car while going to take delivery.

This is the first glimpse of it waiting to be handed over.
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-image_953.jpg

These are the papers which officially made it mine:
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-manzaconcordeinvoice-fileminimizer.jpg
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-manzaconcordedebitnote-fileminimizer.jpg
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-manzaconcordechecksheet-fileminimizer.jpg

And the keys were officially handed over at this simple ceremony:
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red-image_954.jpg
The lady in the light coloured with dots churidhar was my sales executive. The guy giving the keys to me is her senior colleague. And this was her first car delivery!

We left there only around 07.00PM (after a test drive in the brand new Petrol Punto demo car, again ours was the first demo run for the car) with a box of chocolates and a 5 Litre free diesel coupon.

Since RF had said that they would give mud flaps and floor mats, Concorde agreed to it, though they said no freebies initially. They had even put a mat in the boot.

The experience at Concorde, with both Femi and her senior colleague Vinod (they handle Manzas), was very good. Friendly, courteous and open (except for not giving the VIN).

Well.. more in the next post and that should draw 'We told you so' from the senior members.

Thanks in advance for all your good wishes.

Rajesh, congrats on your new Manza. Wishing you a very happy and a safe motoring.

Congratulations and same pinch to you too TRRK :thumbs up

Enjoy the Beauty in Red ;)

Rajesh, congrats on the Manza and man Manza is just rocking the ownership threads.

We took our Prince (Manza Aura ABS) on 21st and ours is a BS4 car and when i see your invoice it says BS3 and i guess mine is the 1st BS4 version on the T-Bhp.

Enjoy the ride

Rajesh,
Congratulations on your new car. I came very close to buying a Tata Manza, but eventually bought a Honda jazz. The Manza is a great car.

Congrats once again on your new purchase, Dr.Rajesh!
Wishing you many happy kms of ownership!!!

PS: The 4th picture of the car parked almost next to the Vista, gives it a taller look. Is that due to the upsized tyres alone, or is the bodyshell (doors, fenders, etc) different too?

Congrats Rajesh. Its good to see a lot of Manza's in TBHP, may be after Safari :)

Prem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkamath (Post 1800701)
Congrats once again on your new purchase, Dr.Rajesh!
Wishing you many happy kms of ownership!!!

PS: The 4th picture of the car parked almost next to the Vista, gives it a taller look. Is that due to the upsized tyres alone, or is the bodyshell (doors, fenders, etc) different too?

Kamath if you observe it correctly the parking is slanting

Wow That was a quick Purchase. Chasing the sales reps to deliver the car on the same day is quite an achievement in itself.

Congrats Sir. Keep us updated.

congratulations on your Manza.

But, why so many people to hand-over the keys? Is it a norm in that part of the country?

Congrats Rajesh. So your love affair with Tata's continue. Happy motoring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1800517)

Well.. more in the next post and that should draw 'We told you so' from the senior members.

Waiting for the next post.

Having said that, as a senior tata vehicle owner, there is probably nothing we can tell you that you don't know about already :)

nice! finally more initial reports of Manza are coming on team bhp!

congratulations dude, how was your initial impression compared to NHC? More pics awaited ;)

was wondering sir why you didnt choose the linea from the same showroom?

Congrats trrk for the Manza. Lately the forum is deluged with a lot of Manzas. Great choice of color. Now, waiting for some interior pics and some words on the driving experience.
PS Your sales executive seems to be really delighted on delivering you the car.:D