Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 04:42   #1
BHPian

My First car - Ritz VDI ABS

Happy to share the fact that i finally bought my first car, Ritz VDI ABS! Got the delivery on March 26th, Friday. I would like to thank Team-Bhp team for their excellent Test drive report of Ritz, it majorly favoured my decision towards Ritz. Also thanks to Ritz owners here, especially Navan, Gandhi, Gaddiwale (pardon any typos in names) their ownership threads helped me a lot in deciding to go for Ritz.
Team-Bhp enlightened me about pdi checks and checking month of manufacturing (VIN thread) I took print out of PDI check list and checked the car thoroughly as per check list before taking delivery. I was also able to accertain my vehicle's manufacturing month (March 2010) Thanks to the VIN number thread.
Also many thanks to Mangalore TeamBhpian James for his help regarding various car accessories, am a noob when it comes to cars, am more in to biking and didn't even know driving till few months back, actually still learning to drive. James (zahin) assisted me in deciding about various accessories for the car, thanks a ton brother!

Am soon to get hitched so was looking at a VFM hatch. I knew i wanted a diesel as i wanted to keep monthly fuel bills low. I didn't mind investing upfront for a diesel hatch for that. One of my close friend owns a swift VDI and he's been clocking kms quite fast. I was looking at swift as it was proven and time tested maruti car. But the ridiculous waiting period put me off, then heard about Ritz. Read good reviews about it everywhere, team-bhp's review along with James's positive feedback about Ritz made me go for a Test drive in february and i was impressed. Had taken parents along too and we could do a quick comparison with my friend's swift. Found that Ritz is far better in rear seating and ease of seating compared to swift. Ritz didn't feel as sporty as swift but didn't feel dull either.
I wasn't too much inclined about looks. I found Ritzie's looks tolerable, wasn't that bad to look at in flesh as described in few forums and mags. Anyways, went ahead with booking.

Read about Bimal auto Agency's history here and felt i should cancel the booking. But then i thought might be things have changed, so lets give it a shot. They really lived up to their words in delivering the car to me with in march end due to my personal reasons. I wanted the car before my marriage in April, but ritz had waiting time of 3 months for VDI ABS, i spoke to the showroom manager about my concern and requested them to expedite for me. They really did and am thankful for that. Also the vehicle was scratch/dent free both during stockyard visit and delivery.
Only grouse was they weren't that forth coming in giving discounts for accessories, so got very less discount for accessories compared to other ritz owners who have got fabulous discounts.
But the quality of work for fitting accessories is good and am happy for what i paid for. So no grouse there. Bimal Auto Agency (Whitefield) seem to have really pulled up their socks.

I have driven the car from the showroom while taking delivery till Hebbal. I can say that it gives much desired confidence to a noob like me. Interiors are roomy and for a 6 footer like me, it's a boon that i can sit comfortably while driving with out any discomfort or elbowing my co passenger. Also with me in driver's seat, the rear passenger can sit good enough leg room. The car feels bigger and roomier on the insides. I like the storage compartments everywhere. James was in town on sunday and he took charge of Ritzie and we were out roaming inside city from 12 noon till night. Did about 70 kms in city peak traffic with AC on. James finally gave thumbs for the car. Getting this from verdict another 6 footer and car guru made my day!

Here's are the accessories:

1. Pioneer HU 4290 SD
2. JBL GT5-S265 Front Door speakers
3. JBL GTO 948 Oval speakers on Plank in rear. (The bimal guys have put in elevated plank where in speakers bottom end isn't visible. Also they have put in Pin type removable connection for the rear speakers to remove the plank easily if needed, neat and thoughtful indeed)
4. MGA Remote lock 054 series (basic version, no sensors)
5. G Sport Seat covers
6. Side door protectors and Bumper Protectors
7. MGA Steering Wheel Cover

I had asked the Bimal guys to give me boxes of HU/Speakers as it will be handy to sell them in future if i upgrade. They were able to give me the HU and front door speaker boxes (Minus the JBL Grills) But they couldn't provide me the Rear speakers boxes as they had already discarded them.
I had also asked for GTO 947 Speakers but i found 948s fixed. The HU i was quoted for was 4190 SD but was given 4290 SD. They haven't charged me extra as such though.

Freebies:
1. Footmats (transparent types) Bootmat, Mudflaps (Came with car)
2. Idol and perfume (both are just name sake)
3. Vehicle Cover (had to haggle a lot for this after i finalised the accessories)
4. Garware Tints (Sales person lived up to his words, he had agreed to provide me the tints free during test drive)

Pending accessories:
1. Reverse parking sensor: Need one for a noob like me. Reading the threads and confused about camera or just beeping sensors.
2. IND number plates: By April. The free plates are flimsy and pathetic.
3. Alloys/tyre change: May be after a year or two later, am literally broke now.

Fuel:
Bimal guys put in 3 litres Diesel during delivery and said 2 litres were put in during PDI. The car was showing single line in fuel guage till then. After that i filled in for Rs 500. Then next day totally the car had run 120 kms. So tanked her up with diesel worth Rs 1350.
Am going on a long drive till Idugunji near Honnavar coming weekend. So i should be able to get the numbers.

Here are few pics of my Ritzie (that's what i call her ) Yet to take interior pics, will do it by next week.
Attached Thumbnails
My First car - Ritz VDI ABS-img_0659.jpg  

My First car - Ritz VDI ABS-img_0660.jpg  

My First car - Ritz VDI ABS-img_0683.jpg  

My First car - Ritz VDI ABS-img_0688.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th March 2010, 10:00   #2
BHPian

Congrats Vaas. Your Ritzie sure looks nice. Try to post some interior pics of your Ritzie. Even I was quite impressed with its performance and feel while doing a TD for Ritz Diesel. Good first car to buy.

Heres wishing you Happy Times ahead with your Ritzie.
Take care of her and pamper her
Old 29th March 2010, 10:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vaas on your new purchase. Drive safe. Enjoy maadi!
Old 29th March 2010, 10:11   #4
BHPian

congrats on your new ownership. Ritz is slowly growing popularity everywhere. i am slowly starting to like its looks
Old 29th March 2010, 16:09   #5
BHPian

Congrats for your Ritzy ,Vaas. Side door protectors and Bumper Protectors looks pretty . How much they cost you ?
Old 29th March 2010, 18:58   #6
lsp
BHPian

Congrats on the Ritzie Vaas. Wishing u many happymmiles with her.

IMHO, you don't need parking sensors on a hatchback, even for a new driver. Learn to park the car without the aid of such gadgets and this will surely help you in the long run.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:27   #7
BHPian

Congrats Vaas, I think it is a great choice ! I was almost decided on this. But then came the Figo and I found certain aspects more suitable to my needs. Rear seat space and boot space is better in Figo and for somelike like me who needs to take family for long trips, this is an important factor. But I liked Ritz VDI very much when I did the TD. Enjoy your new ride and wish many many happy miles !
Old 29th March 2010, 19:36   #8
BHPian

Hi Vass,
Congratulations. Ritz VDi indeed a nice car to own and drive. Take good care of your car -
1. Follow the run-in instructions in toto.
2. After starting the engine and before switching it off give atleast 1 min idle, without pressing accelerator pedal.
3. Recently I got ScanGauge II for my Ritz (you can see that in mt thread), it shows operating temp. is 86 degree C. After a cold start it takes a while to reach that temp. As Ritz doesn't have a temp. gauge. please do not rev the engine above 2000 rpm for first 3-4 kms.
4. Don't keep the fuel level too low
All the best and happy driving.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:16   #9
BHPian

Hey Vaas, Nice pictures and writeup. Ritz is definitely a value for money car. My colleagues who've bought it dont have any complaints.
Post some pictures of the interiors with the mats etc.
Enjoy your upcoming trip to Honnavar and let us know how it went.
Old 29th March 2010, 20:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Congrats Vaas. Your Ritzie sure looks nice. Try to post some interior pics of your Ritzie. Even I was quite impressed with its performance and feel while doing a TD for Ritz Diesel. Good first car to buy.

Heres wishing you Happy Times ahead with your Ritzie.
Take care of her and pamper her
Thank you Amit. My friend was clicking the pics that day and i totally forgot to take interior pics later. Will do so this weekend and will post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats Vaas on your new purchase. Drive safe. Enjoy maadi!
Thank you Prince, Yes, driving safe and cautiously till i get the hang of the car. Enjoymaadthaiddini

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
congrats on your new ownership. Ritz is slowly growing popularity everywhere. i am slowly starting to like its looks
Thank you. I felt the rear is not so bad as it is made out to be. Looks better when seen in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman18 View Post
Congrats for your Ritzy ,Vaas. Side door protectors and Bumper Protectors looks pretty . How much they cost you ?
Thank you Sanman. Yes, the black protectors look good as the car is of lighter shade. Both are MGA accessories. I believe the door protectors were around Rs 1200 and the Bumper Protectors around Rs 690.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Congrats on the Ritzie Vaas. Wishing u many happymmiles with her.

IMHO, you don't need parking sensors on a hatchback, even for a new driver. Learn to park the car without the aid of such gadgets and this will surely help you in the long run.
Thank you. Yes, right now am running short of Vitamin M, so have to live with out sensor. Let me see if i can get used to reversing with out the sensor till i get the Big M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Congrats Vaas, I think it is a great choice ! I was almost decided on this. But then came the Figo and I found certain aspects more suitable to my needs. Rear seat space and boot space is better in Figo and for somelike like me who needs to take family for long trips, this is an important factor. But I liked Ritz VDI very much when I did the TD. Enjoy your new ride and wish many many happy miles !
Thank you. Figo came in after i had booked the car. I didn't TD Figo. Ritzie had already got approval from family, so didn't look out for alternatives. Figo is really VFM and comes fully loaded with airbags/abs/ICE. Even Ritzie will be currently used as weekend car and for highway trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Hi Vass,
Congratulations. Ritz VDi indeed a nice car to own and drive. Take good care of your car -
1. Follow the run-in instructions in toto.
2. After starting the engine and before switching it off give atleast 1 min idle, without pressing accelerator pedal.
3. Recently I got ScanGauge II for my Ritz (you can see that in mt thread), it shows operating temp. is 86 degree C. After a cold start it takes a while to reach that temp. As Ritz doesn't have a temp. gauge. please do not rev the engine above 2000 rpm for first 3-4 kms.
4. Don't keep the fuel level too low
All the best and happy driving.
Thank you Gaddiwale, your thread immensely helped me in deciding on Ritzie. Am following the run in by not exceeding 2k RPM for first 1000 kms. Haven't yet found the time to read the manual, but threads like yours are loaded with required info, so i got few basic ideas of run in from them
Yes, am following the 1 min idling step from day 1. I read about your Scan guage tool in your thread, very handy indeed, Please do post more of your findings there. Very helpful for all Ritz owners.
I always plan to keep Ritzie's belly full, so she won't be hungry with low fuel. Thank you again for your comments.
Old 29th March 2010, 22:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your first car mate!

Nice review with pics.

Keep munching those miles with the oil burner!!
Old 29th March 2010, 22:08   #12
PCS
BHPian

Nice Car dude !

Ritz is the perfect choice for starters as this car is a benchmark in the industry today.

Ritz is one of the best built B Hatchbacks and best built maruti,

I have clocked 6000 kms in my Ritz Black VDi now. Hassle free.

Looking forward to more pics and reports from you

Enjoy Drivin till then !
Old 29th March 2010, 22:25   #13
BHPian

Good to see your thread up, Vasanth! Hope to see many updates and lotsa mile munching happen in the near future!
As i told you waayy before you booked it, its a great car and total VFM. Im glad you didnt listen to people and picked up the ABS version. You cant go wrong with a maruti and so dont worry about anything. The car will serve you well for years to come! Just take care of it and service it often. Dont forget the 1 min idling before shutting it down- You dont want your turbo shaft or bearings taking a dump on you.
Once you are steady with the car and bored of the power in the next coupla months, we'll go to Pavan and get some more juice outta the engine!
Old 30th March 2010, 00:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

What was your decision behind the colour choice. Personally, feel the silver is a bit boring. The Chocolate colour in the diesel option is a killer

Again, each to themselves
Old 30th March 2010, 00:32   #15
BHPian

Dreamcatcher, All his vehicles have been silver. His fly has a soft corner for silver! plus its less maintainance as compared to a darker colour.
All my cars are and have been silver for the very same reason!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks