Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 14:38   #1

Ritz Vxi - 1500kms update

Hello Guys,

I got my Ritz Vxi petrol variant - Bakers' Chocolate color, last month i.e March first week. Prior to this car I was driving a Fiat Palio D (ELX), I traded this car in Maruti TrueValue itself and got a better deal for my Ritz.

Shifting from Palio diesel to Ritz petrol took me sometime for the final decision. My palio had run 83000kms and I had to sell it off to get some resale value. But, I would like to say I am still in love with that car.

The car booking and delivery went smooth; it was done thru Pratham Motors.
I got the car for 4.82L on-road after 15k cash discount. Apart from that I got all the usual accessories plus Remote locking and window tint.

Audio system was done by Anwar (Top Gear), Head unit is JVC KD-R605, DLS front components and rear oval speakers. It just sounded the way I wanted to….
Tires were changed to Yokohama 185/70 in exchange of the OEM JK’s, it costed me 10k trading the old ones for Rs.1100/-.

The run in of the car has been pretty smooth, keeping the rev under 2.5 to 3k RPM and got done the first service for 750kms. In the first service I think they just washed and cleaned my car. I didn’t had much complaints thou. The gear shift was hard, and remote locking was having a mind of its own. They had adjusted clutch for the gear problem and told it is NORMAL. Remote locking was not attended as the Nippon guys didn’t come at time, so he asked to me to call them to home itself.

I got to know that Engine oil change wasn’t required for KB series engine for 10,000kms. Is it true??? And do I need to get this done to be pre-cautious???

Fuel efficiency has been a major concern for me. I have been doing the calculations for every refill… Till now I have got 11kmpl in Bangalore City with AC and 12.5kmpl in Highway with AC on. I think these are the lowest ever mileage figures that I have come across. One of my friend has the same car and he is getting 13-14kmpl in city and 16-17kmpl in highway.

I am really worried about the mileage figures, and I want a feedback on this. Is there anything that has to be taken care by me?
Is there any tuning or anything else that had to be done during first service??
Does the upsizing of tires affect this much??

And any other points I need to note apart from the ones mentioned.. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Bharath

Last edited by Eddy : 5th April 2010 at 14:40.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:07   #2
BHPian

Congratulations on your New Ritz Vxi. Do post some pictures of your car.
Regarding your mileage i think you should have not revved it around 2500 to 3000 during initial run in period of at least 1000 kms. May be shifting from diesel to petrol may have contributed towards it. Try driving Sedately by keeping Rpm within 2000 i.e shift the gear as soon as it your rpm meter inclines towards 2000 on a regular basis and then try and see if u are able to extract a good mileage by tank full method. I personally have taken Test Drive of Ritz petrol and i think it is wonderful refined engine of all the VFM hatches present currently in Indian market.
You can ask our fellow Bhpian Gandhi for some tips to extract best mileage out of Ritz because i read in one of his post where in claimed he got 21.xx approx.

Drive Safe
Old 5th April 2010, 16:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

congrats on car dude. Fiat to MSIL, I am sure it was a hard decision!
what are you missing in Ritz compared to palio?
Please post some pics
Old 5th April 2010, 17:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
congrats on car dude. Fiat to MSIL, I am sure it was a hard decision!
what are you missing in Ritz compared to palio?
Please post some pics
Yes.. it was a hard decision. I would have a gone to Fiat MJD if it was available that time. But, again this Maruti badge wins the mind over game thing!!

Comparison.. are below

FIAT PALIO 1.9D

Pro's
-Great Handling
-Superb build quality
-Enormous torque
-Quality Interiors though OLD... mine was a beige one
-Suspension! I had forgotten to slow down my car in small bumps..
-Huge Space

Con's
-Conventional engine.. lacks power
-Engine noise, makes you always aware that ignition is ON
-Turning radius of a moon
-Below par resale value
-Fuel pump.. a major issue
-Other spares.. pretty difficult to avail and also expensive

RITZ Vxi

Pro's
-Peace of Mind (Maruti Brand)
-Super smooth engine
-Upright Driving position
-Smooth steering
-Amazing turning radius
-Decent suspension
-Short gear shifts.. boon for city driving

Con's
-Cheap build quality (compared to Palio)
-Interiors lacks luster
-Back seats not that great... but, better than swift I guess.
-Car just remains in mind... never comes to heart

Above comparisons are purely based on my experience, so no hard feelings...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks