Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 08:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
That's an awesome figure - 680!!!
The best I got was 561, and then it went down to 520 or so!
You mean DTE cannot be trusted at all?

Take DTE with a pinch of salt.

@ OP,

Belated congratulations on the car. That scratch is quite nasty. Get it painted in your second service.

Happy Mile Crunching.
Old 28th June 2010, 09:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Members could you please tell me what is meant by DTE figure as used by some members because I have not much idea.
DTE=Distance To Empty
Its FOrds Terminology of a digital display on the dash that gives you the distance the car would do on the remaining fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
That's an awesome figure - 680!!!
The best I got was 561, and then it went down to 520 or so!
You mean DTE cannot be trusted at all?
If you do a 500km Highway drive on the previous tank the next tank fill display could go to around 700 is what i think. THe max i have got is 656 at tank fill. The DTE is quite close to accurate during the last 150 odd km.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
If you do a 500km Highway drive on the previous tank the next tank fill display could go to around 700 is what i think. THe max i have got is 656 at tank fill. The DTE is quite close to accurate during the last 150 odd km.
Correct. I got 698 on my trip to Bangalore.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:00   #34
BHPian

Last two tankfulls I got DTEs of 711 and 712. Both were after a mix of highway and town driving. Not that my town is as bad as Bangalore city.
I also noticed a pattern last two times. The rate of fall from 712 to about 625 is fairly fast and then slows very much till 600 and then again resumes its rapid fall.
Old 28th June 2010, 21:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Congrats on the car and sorry to see the scratches they do look painful, so have you got it fixed already? How much did it cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
That was a bad one!! Get rid of it asap.
Nope, I have decided to keep the scratch. It may sound weird but I want to keep it as a bitter sweet memory of my first scratch. Moreover my parents insist, it’s like a kala tika and will keep all evil away from my car

Quote:
+1
I did a pune-mumbai trip this weekend after that I did a tank full and got a DTE of 723!!!

On the Pune-mumbai trip, the car was stable and driving dynamics were inspiring. 110 is a very comfortable crusing speed, 120 is a bit noisy, pushed it till 140, though it was a bit difficult. It may have gone till 150-160, but didn’t want to do it; the engine simply doesn’t like it. This weekend also went for a Pune-Mahabaleswar trip, the car is a pleasure to drive on the ghats. The steering feedback is just AWESOME!!! Body-roll is well under control. On the return journey co-passengers were all sleeping and couldn't get it when the ghat was over (they were a bit tired though). However I felt that Figo D lacks power, it’s surely under-powered. On the way up the ghats I found it to be bit sluggish, especially the 2nd gear, but on the downward journey it was happiness all the way down. Figo would be cracker if we get a ~100 BHP free-revving petrol engine. Braking was very inspiring on both the trips.

Gave it for the first servicing today, and will be updating the thread tomorrow. I am really happy with Talera ford on the servicing front. I got a call from them on Friday to let me know that my first service is due. They also sent me a driver/service-engineer today in the morning to pickup the car, he listened to all my complaints patiently and wrote down everything. Hope they do a nice work and keep the costs as low as possible.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:41   #36
BHPian

3300 km Update

Just completed 3300 kms on the Figo. Most of the driving so far has been on highways and it sure performs the best on the highways. Last weekend went for a Pune-Aurangabad-Pune trip, a total of 800 kms. Mileage received was 20.12 kmpl, 100% AC and steady driving at around 90-110 kmph. AC is very powerful, it was set at around 3/4th dial position with fan speed at 1, still the ladies in the back were huddled up

Also completed the first servicing. Cost of first servicing was 1302 INR, engine oil and engine oil filter was changed. Talera ford did a OK OK job with the servicing. No complaints with the car so far, except for an irritating squeaking noise which comes from the back. The noise was fixed after the first servicing but it has re-surfaced after the long weekend drive. Headlamps need an upgrade, they are a bit weak for highway driving in the night. The stock Goodyear GT3's are just about OK in the rain.

My cousin who joined us for last weekend's trip had short listed the Punto, but after the trip he is hell bent for the FIGO.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for update. 20 is real good F.E. I have not been able to extract anything above 18. Maybe its the fact that highways in kerala are not really highways and the recent rains has not helped either.

About the squeak. Hope you had seen the solution in my ownership thread.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
Last weekend went for a Pune-Aurangabad-Pune trip, a total of 800 kms. Mileage received was 20.12 kmpl,
Excellent mileage! Keep it up.

Quote:
AC is very powerful, it was set at around 3/4th dial position with fan speed at 1, still the ladies in the back were huddled up
You can put it at 10 o' clock position and maybe even increase the blower speed to 2 if needed.

Quote:
I have not been able to extract anything above 18. Maybe its the fact that highways in kerala are not really highways and the recent rains has not helped either.
18 is good, Gemi. Our highways are almost like city roads of big cities.
Old 7th July 2010, 15:33   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Excellent mileage! Keep it up.
Thanks gemi and trrk, even I am amazed with the mileage figures, the last 2 weekends I have been doing only highway runs and when I tanked her up yesterday I got a DTE of 840 though DTE is not accurate but a figure like that puts a smile on my face for sure.

Gemi will have a look at your thread. Thanks
Old 7th July 2010, 15:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks gemi and trrk, even I am amazed with the mileage figures, the last 2 weekends I have been doing only highway runs and when I tanked her up yesterday I got a DTE of 840 though DTE is not accurate but a figure like that puts a smile on my face for sure.

Gemi will have a look at your thread. Thanks

Great mileage figures. Where do you top up your fuel? I too am from Pune with such good mileage figures why other pumps? Why not the pump you top up from?
Old 8th July 2010, 11:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
tanked her up yesterday I got a DTE of 840 though DTE is not accurate but a figure like that puts a smile on my face for sure.
That looks like the current record !

I've started getting some squeak too. Though it looks like its from the suspension.
Old 5th October 2010, 18:40   #42
BHPian

8000 km Update

Completed 8000 kms on my figo yesterday. The car has been performing very well, here are some updates on the the red dragon.

Mileage: I am getting a city mileage of 18.5 (70% AC). 656 kms on last tank full and after refill she took in 35.4 lts. After which i took her for a highway run of Pune-Shirdi-Pune, total trip was 421.5 kms and today morning tanked her up, and she took in 19.8 lts thats a whopping figure of 21.3 !!! with 100% AC

NVH levels are high once you cross 120 kmph. At 140 kmph the engine sounds as if it has been run-over by a truck, and to make matters worse the stock Goodyear GT3's are very noisy, at times irritating.

Lot of noise from the rear quarter windows. Spoke to talera ford service engg, as per him its a known issue and they will put in some packing in the next service to reduce the squeaking noise.

Uninspiring head lamps : Night drives on the highway is a strain strictly due to the headlamps. The lamps are powerful but the focussing seems incorrect. I have been unable to level them on to the road. Either its too near or its way UP in the air. Need to get it checked in the 10k service.

Clutch has become a bit hard and the brake play has increased, should be fixed in the 10k service.

Wifey had a minor accident with a 6 seater tempo and the rear left door has been scratched all the way, need to get it repainted.

On a trip to Ahmedabad last month, somewhere near surat at about 2 AM in the night I was doing around 85 kmph, a drunkard jumped onto the road. I braked hard and ABS came into action, I could feel the brakes shuddering. The car did not lose its composure and I was able to avoid the idiot by a huge margin. Got down and gave a piece of my mind to him. TITANIUM saves the day.
Old 5th December 2010, 23:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed 8000 kms on my figo yesterday. The car has been performing very well, here are some updates on the the red dragon.

Mileage: I am getting a city mileage of 18.5 (70% AC). 656 kms on last tank full and after refill she took in 35.4 lts. After which i took her for a highway run of Pune-Shirdi-Pune, total trip was 421.5 kms and today morning tanked her up, and she took in 19.8 lts thats a whopping figure of 21.3 !!! with 100% AC
Whoa, thats fabulous mileage. Some of the other Figonians are getting only between 11 and 14 kmpl. Do you get 18kmpl driving in Pune with AC?!
Old 8th December 2010, 19:02   #44
BHPian

Re: Story of the RED DRAGON - Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium

Do you have the Live to Drive sticker at the back of your car, cause if you do, I think I saw you on the Mumbai Pune road in the morning today. I was driving my white TDCi ZXi that was delivered yesterday

Most Viewed