Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 17:29   #16

Folks,

I got my Laura TSI delivered last week. However, I unfortunately noticed after delivery that the seatbelt warning light does not turn "on", when front passengers are not wearing belts. On being asked the sales person says that this is an issue with the TSI. However, the owner's manual indicates that this is a standard feature. Indeed, when I insert the key fob into the ignition spot, the warning light lights up before cranking. Could owners confirm whether your warning lights also do not work.

Thanks.
Old 20th November 2010, 22:01   #17
BHPian

Surely hurtem,

Firstly, congratulations on the new car. Seat belt warning chime and light has been disabled for cars selling in India. Your car is normal, nothing for you to worry.

There are many features in Laura for which hardware is very much present but disabled. There was a thread on modification done using VAG.COM where the originator had enabled so many features in his Laura TDI elegance.

@imp, you talk about resetting the computer for change of wheels to 16 inch. Why is this required? I too changed the wheels to 16 during the time of its delivery.

Last edited by v.anand : 20th November 2010 at 22:03.
Old 20th November 2010, 22:13   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi @imp!,

Hope you are enjoying your TSI.
We have intereacted a bit on TSI threads in he past.

I got my TSI in Feb 2010 and for some reason, my attention never went to the "inside" of the bonnet hood until today. Today I saw that my car has no sound/heat insulation cladding on the inside of the bonnet hood. I clearly see there are provisions for it but not sure if other TSI's have it. Does your car have the insulation? I will post a picture tomorrow.

Thanks,
Anand
Old 4th December 2010, 04:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hi @imp!,

Hope you are enjoying your TSI.
We have intereacted a bit on TSI threads in he past.

I got my TSI in Feb 2010 and for some reason, my attention never went to the "inside" of the bonnet hood until today. Today I saw that my car has no sound/heat insulation cladding on the inside of the bonnet hood. I clearly see there are provisions for it but not sure if other TSI's have it. Does your car have the insulation? I will post a picture tomorrow.

Thanks,
Anand
nope there is no sound insulation in the laura tsi, the engine is anyways so silent .

cheers..
Old 10th June 2011, 10:51   #20
BHPian

Re: 5000 KM on my Laura TSI

Reviving this old thread... None of the Skoda petrols have this bonnet insulation. My Octavia TPI does'nt have it, while all the TDI's had 'em. So i think it is a cost cutting feature which applies for the New Lauras also.
Old 10th June 2011, 11:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

^^ RXpaul, yes cost cutting is one aspect to look at it. However, what it could also be that petrol engines wouldnt make that amount of noise as its diesel siblings. Probably thats the reason why the bonnet insulation has been missing on the TSi/TPi's.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:30   #22
BHPian

During my TD of the showroom TSi, i noticed also that there was a gear indicator on the front console display, as well as an upshift suggestor. Didnt notice this in the '09 car im looking to purchase. Do you guys have this feature on yours?
Old 17th June 2011, 19:42   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
During my TD of the showroom TSi, i noticed also that there was a gear indicator on the front console display, as well as an upshift suggestor. Didnt notice this in the '09 car im looking to purchase. Do you guys have this feature on yours?
Yes, my TSI displays the current gear on the MID , which also suggests the driver to upshift or downshift by way of an arrow mark if it thinks that the car is in an improper gear for the current speed.
Old 18th June 2011, 00:13   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Yes, my TSI displays the current gear on the MID , which also suggests the driver to upshift or downshift by way of an arrow mark if it thinks that the car is in an improper gear for the current speed.
My TSi (It's '09 car that I bought in Feb 10) does not have this "irritant" so I can fully concentrate on the thrilling drive...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 18th June 2011 at 00:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks