Team-BHP - Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Figo ZXi TDCi Squeeze : The Green Ghost glides into my home. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/79942-figo-zxi-tdci-squeeze-green-ghost-glides-into-my-home.html)

I finally made it. My baby was delivered yesterday(19-APR-2010). After endless talks with the RSM, dealership, Insurance people and TBHP - I finally got to possess my own Figo.

In the ongoing ritual of corny names for the Figo - I've christened mine as Green Ghost. lol:

Booked on 22-MAR-2010 from MPL Nandanam, Chennai.
Came from the Factory on 16-APR-2010.
Delivered on 19-APR-2010.

--------------
I took the PDI of TBHP, and apparently some of the items seemed "obsolete"/"not applicable".

1. Invoice. - [Got that.]
(Check that the Chassis and Engine # of the car matches with the Invoice and / or Challan). - [Apparently in Ford cars, there is only VIN. Chassis# = Engine number = VIN.]

2. Sales certificate. - [Drew a blank !!!!]

3. All payment receipts. - [Only Invoice received.]

4. Registration book or temporary certificate (Some States). - [Will come in a week only.]
Is your name spelt correctly? Are the car chassis / engine number matching with the actual? Is the number plate made in accordance with the number on the registration book?

5. Insurance: Ensure that coverage is valid and active. - [Got the cover note as of now as it was taken externally.]

6. Original PUC certificate. This is valid for one year. - [Did not get it, and they said that they dont issue such a Certificate.]

7. Owners Manual. - [Received. With the warranty of the battery and dealer stamp and date.]

8. Duplicate Keys. [Received. But the spare one didnt have the buttons. So if the main one goes missing, I'm in trouble.]

9. Original warranty with all relevant dealership stamps. - [In the manual.]

10. Extended Warranty (If opted for). [Will come as a letter in 50-70 days. 4th year not available as of now.]

11. Warranty of third party items such as battery, tyres etc. - [In the manual.]

12. Roadside assistance Contact details. - [As a sticker on the rear quarter panel.]

13. Business cards of dealership and service personnel. - [In the manual.]

--------------

Some stuff noticed so far:
---These MIGHT seem trivial for existing Ford owners, but its new for me---
- The headlights are in a separate knob, with the Full beam and dim dip on the left stalk of the steering wheel. Took me a lot of searching to figure it out.
- No doormats/mudflaps provided as they are out of stock. Using paper now.
- The theatre lighting effect is awesome.
- If the hatch is open, it issues a door open warning. But from the Key, it takes many tries to open it. Strange.
- Seat belt seems flimsy, but very easy to use.
- Tiruvanmaiyur RTO apparently issues a Smart Card as the RC Book. Didnt know that fact.
- The ICE provided is superb. Radio is average, but on CD it rocks.
- Somehow the voice in the BT was very low. Need to check the settings. But worked flawlessly.
- Cooling is greater than my WagonR. Powerful. Every occupant in the car feels comfortable.
- Engine is very responsive. Steering is precise.
- Power windows are very quick. On my Innova they are quite slow.
- After using a WagonR Lxi with no "luxury" stuff - I'd say these electronic mirrors, power windows etc.. are freakin awesome. (I'm talking like a 1960's dude)
- Every other 2 wheeler seemed bent on driving close. Its the new car effect I guess. Either I'm super sensitive or they are jealous. :-P
- Filled full tank, so came to 36 litres. Was puzzled as the DTE showed 80KM. Some mistake somewhere. Need to do the tank to tank method.
- The door lock is engaged by pushing the lever deeper inside. God - I thought it was broken or something initially.

--------------

Will post my detailed driving experience soon.

I'm completely exhausted with the experience, but will post more when I get the time. For now, I will post the pictures.

First the Pre Registration Photos, then the Post Registration Photos.
I've included the MANDATORY - Evil Eye warding off sign !!!stupid:
I'm a true Indian.

Reserved for additional details to be added later.

-Got the MRF Tyres. Good I didnt get the Apollo. But the model cars in the showroom had Goodyear.
-Got used to the switched stalks immediately. Not a big learning curve on that.
-Full tank showed DTE as 558KM for me. Before filling it was DTE 80KM.
-Fantastic rear room space. Everyone commented on it. My daughter was using it like an alley.
-The sun visor is very close to my head too, no big deal though.
-Suspension is very satisfactory. I'm happy with it.
-You should get a full demo of the car from the Dealer - its highly recommended. Any problem with the car, they can see it immediately.
-No Cigarette lighter was provided. Only 12V socket. OK, I dont smoke so I dont need it. But if I want to start a fire I might need one.
-3rd and 4th gears rock. First two are just workhorses.

Congrats on the FIGO or rather the Green Ghost.

happy motoring miles.

congrats Brix. Drive safe.

hey Brix Congrats on your latest acquisition pal...Keep Rollin'!!

I couldn't help but notice that wierd paint job on one of your posted pics. Please dont tell me you got that done on your Green Ghost!!
:Shockked:

Congrats Brix. So finally the long wait is over :) Have a great time with the new car.

Congrats Brix!! To open the hatch from the key remote, you need to press it twice. Enjoy the drive.

Congarts Brix,

Finally got your Greeny car :)
Really nice in this color with Black IP.
Hope you enjoy driving it.
Enjoy and Drive Safe.

Congratulations Brix! Wishing you many more happy miles:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 1847002)
- If the hatch is open, it issues a door open warning. But from the Key, it takes many tries to open it. Strange.

For Fiesta - Need to press the boot release button in the key fob twice in quick succession for it to work. Should be the same for the Figo.

Take good care of this Key fob, replacement would cost a cool 3K.

Congrats Brix. As Gilead said there were more Figos parked in front of MPL. Yesterday it was a good date (auspicious). Always better to get it on a good date. I think this is the 1st Diesel in Squeeze in tbhp (may be wrong). Do post more pictures and Happy (Diesel) Driving..

Congrats Brix

- Yes. To open the boot from the key you need to press twice is quick succession. Its a safety feature so that you don't accidentally open the boot when you try to open/lock the door

I too felt exactly the same. Every bike/three wheeler seemed to be driving directly at me from all sides. I think its a problem since we both moved from higher seating position to a lower. :)

Brix
Finally you too got your feeegooo lol: congrats!

And about the following.
Sales certificate.
I got my mine. It says sales certificate on the header.

Original PUC certificate
The S.A gave me a blank stare for this one.

<<Tiruvanmaiyur RTO apparently issues a Smart Card as the RC Book. Didnt know that fact.>>>

One of the three RTO's in TN to issue this. Do take a colour photocopy and laminate the same. I do not know how the HP (from bank or private finance) is endorsed in this smart card.

@h@r$h@l - thanks !

@Devil on Wheels - thanks !

@Vik0728 - that was a photo from Flickr on the Axle of a truck. Just some humour !

@Mission_Safari - Yes, finally.

@joethomasv - Oh, so that the secret.

@aks_karthik - Yes, the black interiors are very nice.

@kiku007 - thanks kiku.

@RGK - Yes, it was a good day. I took it in the evening. Nice tip for the color lamination.

@gemithomas - Ur right, the lower driving position does make it look like that. I'm definitely not getting a Lambo now.

@Captain Slow - I'll ask the Sales Cons about the Certificate.

Congrats on the Fi Go. The green ghost looks good. How good are the headlights, I mean the spread and the illumination?