Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 12:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
...because they were informed that the prices have gone up...
True. Checked with Metro st.mark's road last weekend. 1.6 ZXI is 8 lacs OTR. This is after taking into account the free-insurance scheme.
Old 12th May 2010, 13:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
This is a very nice color, it almost suits all the cars.
Yup, pics from digicam will be nice.
Any plans for some accessories, or its gonna take some time :-)

Cheers
Thanks Schoudhury. I guess the pics will be possible around this weekend.
I'm planning for 18k accessories. Still not decided which ones. I think in another week or so I'll get them done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats sharad for another Ford. You were obviously smitten by your Ikon's handling prowess. Nice color, a bit staid if truth be told. Any plans of buying her some new shoes?
Enjoy the drive.
Thanks Utopian. Yes, the color is bit staid. My first choice was paparika red but i already have an ikon in that color and my inlaws have a red I10. So wifey shot it down. Black my mom shot down. However, we say Figo in this Sea Grey color and we realised its a completely new grey. It has a blueish tinge and looks very classy. You need to see it real.
No, I don't intend to get new shoes as I don't want to get my warranty impacted in any manner. Secondly, I have done 76k on my Ikon on stock tyres with no problems at all and the ford service guy told me that they will last some more time. Hence, satisfied with stock as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Congrats on your purchase!!the Fiesta is the best car for the enthusiast in the below 10lakh category!!

Anyway could you tell me if you got any offers for it?any discounts, freebies etc?
Thanks carfreak. I couldn't agree more.
I'll be writing a post shortly on the pricing/freebies in detail.
Old 12th May 2010, 13:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Its a great choice from the current market. I love fiesta from the day it launched. Its a great car with good suspension. Congrats.
thanks. I also believe that its a great buy. Suspensions so far feel great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Congratulations, Sharad. Excellent choice of car and colour!

The Fiesta still looks very contemporary, even after so many years in the market. IMHO, it is one of the rare examples of a facelift having worked very well.

Do post better quality pics when you can.
Thanks Spindoc. Pics probably by this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@sharad,

I may be a bit little but nevertheless. A BIG CONGRATULATIONS.
Welcome to the Fiestians family. Happy driving days, you wont regret your decision. The car looks damn good, I have seen a couple of sea grey Fiesta in Thane and one of them might be yours.
I see that you have not mentioned the dealer details, the OTR cost etc, pls do fill in those details at the earliest. One thing puzzles me is that you took delivery in Kandivali, why not in Thane since your location mentions Thane.
Your also mentioned you had a bad experience with the dealer and Ford - on what matter was it pricing?? Pls elaborate
All in all enjoy the driving. You family is going to ask for more time in the car.
Thanks Ghodlur. I'll be writing a post separately in detail about the dealer details/pricing/etc.

The reason I took delivery in Malad ie Mumbai and not thane is that this is a company car and the company's address is in Mumbai and hence the car needs to be registered in Mumbai. I have mentioned earlier that change in tax laws made me go for this car apart from the benefit that company capitalises only the Ex show room cost in my name. For all practical purposes, I'm the owner of the car.

If some of you guys who are using personal cars, though you are entitled to buy a company car, want me to share my Tax workings, I'll be happy to do that.

Family is currently away ie my daughter is spending her holidays with Nana-Nani. So I'll be riding the car around all alone while they will get to hear only the stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sharad, congratulations for being part of the fiesta gang !! Please post your total cost when you have time. Two of my neighbours went to the showroom here and came back confused about the decision, because they were informed that the prices have gone up. I can call up and check the details here, but your post will be good for new members who are looking for a clear figure.

Enjoy your ride, I am sure you will ! I will be completing 10 months within 2 weeks, but it still feels fresh to be driving around in the fiesta.
thanks Shaju. I'll be posting the dealer/pricing and other details very soon. But all these figures will be ex-mumbai.

I have seen your threads and I can see how involved you are with your car. So i can easily understand your fiesta therapy sessions are still as entertaining and rejuvenating as from day 1. Also, after spending 4 years in bangalore, i can say that the weather is also partly responsible for keeping you outdoors.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Brilliant car. You will enjoy it to the hilt. Just today at a red light, I saw a 320D smoked by a Fiesta 1.6 !!

Four times the fun at 1/4th the price !!

Enjoy & Congratulations

Cheers
thanks Ricky. I has to be a Fiesta. Pure Fun.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:20   #20
BHPian

My First impressions:

Positives:
1. Handling was very good and Suspensions are smooth.
2. The car is slightly taller when compared to Ikona and thus the Road view was much better.
3. Till now AC is better than Ikon and very effective. However, real test will come when I will use it in hot sun.
4. Beam adjustment of the headlights is a very good feature.
5. Overall interiors are very good.
6. Stock music system is extremely good.
7. Liked the boot release button high on dash as one needs to open the boot for checking everywhere you go.
8. Various indicators on the dash are very helpful.
9. The car is very silent. In fact i was not sure if it has started after i turned the ignition key as there was no engine noise or vibrations.

What I didn't like:
1. Ford must give Remote with stock music system along with the USB port. It looks a bit primitive to tell others that USB port is not there.
2. There is some peculiar smell inside the car. Hope it fades away with time.
3. The inside door locks i feel are better in Ikon. These lack class.
4. Seat height adjuster is actually just a slant adjuster.
5. DTE reading is difficult to decipher and confusing so can't depend on it

Will post a further review after a few more drives.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. The Fiesta 1.6 is a beautiful car to own and drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadmumbai View Post
1. Ford must give Remote with stock music system along with the USB port. It looks a bit primitive to tell others that USB port is not there.
I miss the USB at times too. I seem to have rediscovered CDs after buying the Fiesta though!

Quote:
3. The inside door locks i feel are better in Ikon. These lack class.
Get the chrome ones available on the SXi and S. Looks far classier and it does not cost a bomb either. Only about 1500 or so.
Old 12th May 2010, 15:18   #22
BHPian

Pricing and Dealer experience:

We have a corporate tie up with Ford underwhich our company buys a large number of cars from Ford. Due to which, I was made to believe that we get the best price possible.

Me and My colleague bought Fiestas together and hence I'm narrating the joint experience.

So, after shortlisting Fiesta, we asked the dealer around 7th april to give us the price as they confirm the price every month. The dealer called me an gave the price as 6.16L Exshowroom and insurance to be done by us plus RTO expenses.
We confirmed the purchase to them. However, our admin got a quote 2 days later of 6.27L ex-showroom. We then spoke to the dealer and asked him whats going on? He told us that Ford company has reduced the corporate discount. We argued with him saying that we should have been told before we placed orders with you and despite several interactions on other things, the revised price was never told to us and hidden from us. He then told us that he cant do anything.
We then made the mistake of trying to speak to ford. Dealer refused to give number of ford people as he was strictly told not to pass on their numbers to customers. We were not able to get beyond security after calling ford offices in mumbai and chennai.
Somehow, we managed to speak to Ford people and were shocked at their response. Firstly, they said that the price is going to be now 6.38 and not even 6.27 as they have increased the price due to BSIV a day before (20th April). Secondly, they said that they are not responsible for anything and they will not intervene and that we need to speak to the dealer directly. So much so, my colleague was told that he was "acting difficult" and "wasting time of Ford officials". My colleague dropped the plan to buy ford and wrote to their MD.
We fought back saying that if the price was quoted to us in the month of April when everyone knew the car mandatorily is BSIV, then it means the price quoted is for a BSIV car and hence no question of price being revised upward on account of that.
We were stumped by one condition, which is an industry practice as confirmed by a maruti dealer who is a dear friend, is that the Final price will be as on date of delivery and not on date of purchase. Hence, the car dealers and companies will not honour their quoted prices at the time of booking in case of price revision.

However, by this time, senior and sensible people from the dealer's side got involved and they agreed to stick to the original price of 6.16 plus BSIV hike as they said that Ford will charge them for it. So tota 6.27 L Ex-Showroom is the cost for my 1.6 ZXI petrol with insurance (Not Free) and other expenses borne by my company.

Since I didn't want to compromise on the car and dealer was promising to ensure no problems in future, I decided to buy the Fiesta.
However, my colleague decided to buy the Manza. I went with him everywhere and we were getting a very good deal as well. However, at the showroom, I showed him the welded joint in the door on top corner from inside. The entire welding could be seen and was not even buffed to level. There were other small issues as well. However, I have a lot of respect for Manza but just that if you are getting a Fiesta for a small premium, then Fiesta wins hands down.
Meanwhile, somebody from Ford Chennai called and sorted out the issue with him and Finally i adviced him to buy a better car and consider that Ford doesn't exist and anyways dealer has promised to take care of any issues.

Finally, he also is now part of the Fiesta Gang with a Chill color beauty.

Before I conclude this segment, I must say that the dealer responded beautifully after the initial fiasco, gave excellent service and largely delivered on his committments. Hope he continues to do it in future as well.

So in Summary. The Car Cost: 6.27L Ex-showroom + Insurance (17.5k)+RTO etc.
Freebies: 1. Mudflaps+mats-Ford 2. Sunfilms 3. Teflon

What we extracted more (as a one time one off case):
1. Reverse parking sensors- 4 sensor +clipon mirror Autocop
2. Body Cover

Plus he has offered to give good rates for the accessories whenever i buy them.

Now the accessories Part:

I have around 18-20k for Accessories. I am not sure about the shopping list and need your help.

Pack A - Alloy wheels- will use up the entire budget

Pack B- Seat Covers+Spoiler+Scuff plates+Side Mouldings+Steering cover

Pack C- Spoiler+Scuff plates+Side Mouldings and get seat covers after one year. Thought here is that If i want the OEM Fit, the current seat covers need to be removed and will never be used again. If thats the case, burnout the stock covers, then go for a new one as the Stock covers also look very good.

I'm inclined for Pack C.

Pls give your recommendations. I have time till weekend to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Congrats. The Fiesta 1.6 is a beautiful car to own and drive.

I miss the USB at times too. I seem to have rediscovered CDs after buying the Fiesta though!

Get the chrome ones available on the SXi and S. Looks far classier and it does not cost a bomb either. Only about 1500 or so.
AUX is also an option but when you tell somebody that your ICE lacks USB support, then people feel that its a dated system.

Will check out the Chrome ones on my next visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
True. Checked with Metro st.mark's road last weekend. 1.6 ZXI is 8 lacs OTR. This is after taking into account the free-insurance scheme.
have they tried to negotiate?

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th May 2010 at 15:56. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 17:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:

have they tried to negotiate?
It was almost a take it or leave it situation. Salesman wasn't even bothered to take my number. Also i saw fiesta relegated to the background in the showroom, with Figos all over.

You get the drift....
Old 12th May 2010, 17:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
It was almost a take it or leave it situation. Salesman wasn't even bothered to take my number. Also i saw fiesta relegated to the background in the showroom, with Figos all over.

You get the drift....
I suggest try another dealer.
Secondly, try calling up the dealer and ask them to connect to corporate sales division. Then try to take it up from there.
Generally, in-showroom experience hasn't been great for me either.
Old 13th May 2010, 08:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the accessories Part:
I have around 18-20k for Accessories. I am not sure about the shopping list and need your help.
Pack A - Alloy wheels- will use up the entire budget
Pack B- Seat Covers+Spoiler+Scuff plates+Side Mouldings+Steering cover
Pack C- Spoiler+Scuff plates+Side Mouldings and get seat covers after one year. Thought here is that If i want the OEM Fit, the current seat covers need to be removed and will never be used again. If thats the case, burnout the stock covers, then go for a new one as the Stock covers also look very good.
I'm inclined for Pack C.
Pls give your recommendations. I have time till weekend to decide.
@sharad

How about option D - Seat covers, scuff plates, sports pedal, side moldings, Under body coating.
Rest of the accessories like alloy wheels can be done at a later stage. Would suggest you to not go for the spoiler coz as the name suggeste it really spoils the Fiesta rear by drilling holes.
Definetly put a Nimbu Mirchi or black doll to ward off all those evil eyes on your new Fiesta, believe me it helps.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@sharad

How about option D - Seat covers, scuff plates, sports pedal, side moldings, Under body coating.
Rest of the accessories like alloy wheels can be done at a later stage. Would suggest you to not go for the spoiler coz as the name suggeste it really spoils the Fiesta rear by drilling holes.
Definetly put a Nimbu Mirchi or black doll to ward off all those evil eyes on your new Fiesta, believe me it helps.
Seat Covers I think I'll change only after using the stock ones for at least a year.
Sports Pedalz IMO are a luxury and probably i'll do it if I get a big Bonus!!!
Underbody coating the Dealer said is not required as there is already an OEM coating or something. In fact i want to check this out. Else, its surely a necessity.
Spoiler is going to be a clamped and not drilled. So can be removed anytime in future.

Nimbu mirchi is a must as i'm already carrying few pre-delivery scratches in the bumper.

And whats happening to the thane meet?
Old 13th May 2010, 14:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No wonder my neighbour is yet to make up his mind, I expected a brand new fiesta in his parking a month back, still he hasnt booked any. I feel lucky to have paid 7.20 on road, but almost crossing 8 lac as of now with the kind of personalization I have done in the last 10 months, details of which are posted time to time in my thread, last being the Gsport seats.

Quote:
So i can easily understand your fiesta therapy sessions are still as entertaining and rejuvenating as from day 1. Also, after spending 4 years in bangalore, i can say that the weather is also partly responsible for keeping you outdoors.
Yes I am still in love with the fiesta, its like part of my being now. With my new Gsport seats (done in the 9th month after purchase) I feel all the more fresh and new when I sit inside.

Weather part is a different story here now, this week average top is 45° Celsius, so first time I found the fiesta AC is working harder to keep us cool, but it can manage it well.

Quote:
2. There is some peculiar smell inside the car. Hope it fades away with time.
If you are on recirculation mode, it comes from the engine bay and its reported by many fiestians. I still get that when only the fan is on in the recirculation mode. But if you are feeling it when the AC is on regardless of the circulation mode, you should get it checked. Buy a 'My Shaldan' orange, squash or lime gel freshner, it will give a new life to the interior air. Mine lasts 2 months and its very refreshing.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spoiler is going to be a clamped and not drilled. So can be removed anytime in future.
A clamped spoiler is prone to rattling after a while. The spoiler that comes on the 1.6S is drilled at the factory, so you may want to think about that. And why remove it in the future anyway.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
A clamped spoiler is prone to rattling after a while. The spoiler that comes on the 1.6S is drilled at the factory, so you may want to think about that. And why remove it in the future anyway.
1.6 S spoiler is different. What i am planning to put is one with the LED lights. Rattling will be an issue.
Actually i don't want a spoiler but my wife and kid want it. Looks like i will have to make that compromise and get a spoiler.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:51   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats sir on the Fiesta. With the discounts on the Fiesta makes it a very VFM car to own.

Enjoy many more miles with your Fiesta. Do post more pictures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks