Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 00:22   #1

i20 Asta Berry Red -- Delivery taken on May 16, 2010

The wait finallyyyy came to an end this morning!! phew!!

I had booked the i20 Asta in early April after a couple of test drives and a lot of hours on Team-BHP running thru reviews/opinions/user reviews of i20 and a few other hatches.

I knew i20 had a month long waiting, but also knew it would be worth the wait. Took my wifey to the showroom (Superon Hyundai, Gurgaon) and convinced her to go with the Berry Red (had to make up a lotta crap to brain-wash her into believing it was the best colour on i20 -- technically I think white looks best, but I am not a big fan of white on cars). Booked the car of my choice in a colour of my choice. My mother (lives in Bangalore -- home sweet home -- yay! just read today that pubs are gonna be open till 2 PM!! Sorry, ) reminds me every single day to take delivery on May 16 (Akshaya Thritiya -- an auspicious day for most Hindus...I guess!?). I just kept distracting myself so I stop counting the number of days for May 16.

Meanwhile, Hyundai announces that it has launced a couple of new variants (Era and Sports) as well as given a cosmetic upgrade to existing variants (Magna and Asta). I give a panic call to the sales guy at Superon Hyundai to ask if my car would be the new one or the old model; he assures me that Hyundai has started releasing the new versions from even before they advertised it. Good on you, Hyundai!! +1

Everyone at work who knew I had booked the car kept asking me every day (yes! every single day..or probably every time they bumped into me?) about the status, and I had to tell them why I was waiting till May 16 to take delivery. I also see many parking-lots in my apartment being filled by i20's (mostly Silver ones -- guess that's quite popular).

I get a call in 1st week of May that my car has arrived. I mention again to the sales guy that I would be taking delivery on May 16 -- he thinks I am a loser, having to wait for 2-3 weeks more even though the car was in the showroom. I ask him to get the accessories fitted (see below for the list), and he obliges.

Finally, May 16 arrives. I went to the showroom at around 10:45 AM. Surprise, surprise...the sales guy who I was dealing with is out due to some personal emergency. He has assigned my car delivery to a colleague, who is busy with her own customers. I am made to wait for about an hour-and-half before I get individual attention. After all formalities (signing of documents), I inspect the car one final time before taking delivery. The car showed only 20 KM on the odometer. The sales person hands over the keys, gives a detailed demo, hands over the sweet packet and we pose for a photograph (which is framed and given instantly..+1). I drive off to get the puja done.

Have put up snaps of before and after the puja.

The accessories that I got for free of cost were:
(1) Mud flaps
(2) All mats -- floor + boot (2 sets - one rubber and one plastic on top)
(3) Teflon coating (3 coats done -- 4th after 6 months and 5th after a year from today)
(4) Anti-rust coating
(5) Sun film (3M -- 70% visibility -- 4 windows and rear glass)
(6) Perfume + a nice picture of Sai Baba
(7) Cricket kit (came from Hyundai as a promotional offer -- forgot to collect it today...need to pick it up tomorrow)

The accessories that I had to pay for were (total of ~Rs.10k):
(1) Body cover
(2) Gear lock
(3) Scratch guards for under the door for all 4 doors (to prevent scratches from shoes when people get down -- on the floor where the door closes)
(4) Seat covers (Hyundai genunine accessory matching the colour tone of the car -- beige and brown)

The initial drive was very smooth and exciting. I was told by the showroom guy that these days cars do not need any extra care in driving in the initial few hundred kms. I am not convinced yet. Should I keep it at ~2.5k RPM for the first 800 - 1000 kms?? Does it matter? Anything I need to keep in mind while driving the few few kms?
Attached Thumbnails
i20 Asta Berry Red -- Delivery taken on May 16, 2010-img_0003.jpg  

i20 Asta Berry Red -- Delivery taken on May 16, 2010-img_0007.jpg  

Old 17th May 2010, 00:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the i20 Asta! Lovely car! Show us some pics of the new interiors as well.

P.S: You've posted in the wrong forum. It should have been here:Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports - Team-BHP

Mods, plz do the needful.
Old 17th May 2010, 00:44   #3
BANNED

Congrats on your new car. If possible post some night shots of interiors with Dash lightings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexorcist View Post
The accessories that I got for free of cost were:
(1) Mud flaps
(2) All mats -- floor + boot (2 sets - one rubber and one plastic on top)
(3) Teflon coating (3 coats done -- 4th after 6 months and 5th after a year from today)
(4) Anti-rust coating
(5) Sun film (3M -- 70% visibility -- 4 windows and rear glass)
(6) Perfume + a nice picture of Sai Baba
(7) Cricket kit (came from Hyundai as a promotional offer -- forgot to collect it today...need to pick it up tomorrow)
Its a Big list. Finally Hyundai started giving freebies to i20, So Figo is doing the Trick.
Old 17th May 2010, 01:08   #4
agm
BHPian

Congrats mate for the new cars .i20 is one of the best hatch available in the indian market !

Cant find anywhere in the first post if its a diesel or a 1.2 kappa petrol engine?
Or i'm missing something?

Mate please do post some interior pic ,all of us would like to see the new blue back dash lighting (night shots if possible) .

Drive safe

Last edited by agm : 17th May 2010 at 01:11.
Old 17th May 2010, 01:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the i20. Post few pics of the interior as well. BTW, you have not mentioned if it's the CRDi or the petrol.
Old 17th May 2010, 02:42   #6
BHPian

Congrats on the car, nice color. You should have probably avoided the teflon and anti-rust coating and opted for something else in return.
Old 17th May 2010, 04:12   #7
BHPian

Congrats Lexocist... I am personally in the decision phase between Polo and i20 and every other i20 I see tilts my preference towards the Hyundai. The Red looks really nice on the car. One month is a reasonable wait time compared to months in case of the Polo although I would prefer something even shorter...(in an ideal world... pay and drive off !!!)

Please post the interior pics as soon as you can.
Old 17th May 2010, 04:33   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car!
Looks fabulous. Generally it is recommended to run the engine in for the first 1000kms.
Look at the owners manual for more information. 2.5-3K RPM for a petrol is sufficient generally.
An added benefit of this is that this also allows you to get used to the car, and its limits in a slow and gradual manner.
Also, it is recommended to get an oil change done at first service. I believe that is so because when the car engine is settling in, there are some engine shavings that get mixed with the oil.

Last edited by lamborghini : 17th May 2010 at 04:34.
Old 17th May 2010, 09:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks