Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 20:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
Hi Amartya,

Of course I Test Drove the Punto too. In fact, I had checked the punto before deciding on the swift, before Figo forced itself into the scene. Definitely an amazing car. Some great pluses like great handling, steering feel, equipment and of course styling. The engine is a hoot too (it after all feeds tha swift and the vista too). You would get most of these up to a 90% in the figo too. Ride and handling definitely good, so is the engine etc.,

However, one thing that Figo beats the Punto is the price. Simply killer pricing by Ford on the Figo. I somehow feel that the swift and palio are little overpriced cars too.
Thanks for the clarification. I would completely agree with what you said. The Figo truly is the value for money champion in the market. I read in GTO's Ford factory tour that Ford had sold 13,000 units with 18,000 bookings (i.e. 5000 left for delivery), and that is a testament to the fact that the Figo has garnered a lot of attention from the Indian car buyer, despite being a Ford (in terms of the expensive to maintain reputation).
Old 23rd May 2010, 02:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossack View Post
Welcome to the club deevilslair, I really can relate to the '3 bookings 2 cancellations' part here LOL.

~
Thanks Cossack. Looks like you have booked a sea grey figo yourself too. Welcome to the band of grey devils.

Looking forward to your ownership reports too. BTW is it true that sea grey and black figos are the rarest of all. Personally thats the color i spot the least in the roads and the showrooms.
Old 23rd May 2010, 16:36   #18
BHPian

Painful Scratch

Got my first scratch yesterday. Some idiot at Skywalk mall parking lot scraped his maruti 800 on my sides while parking. Its a good 5 inch bruise on my right rear door. Doesn't look very obvious though, but is nevertheless very painful - especially on a car that is less than a month old.

Can you people tell me, whether correcting these scratches are covered by insurance?
Do I need to get it mended right away or can it wait till the first service? Do these scratches pose a serious threat to the body (in terms of possible corrosion and rust), more so as I stay in chennai and the sea breeze itself is extra corrossive.
Old 23rd May 2010, 17:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Painful Scratch

Can you people tell me, whether correcting these scratches are covered by insurance?
Even if it is covered by insurance, suggest that you do not file a claim. No claim bonus benefits will far outweigh what you will spend on getting the scratch patched.

As for getting it mended now or during first service, depends on the scratch - if the paint is gone and you can see the metal underneath, suggest that you get it mended now else can wait until first service.
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi deevilslair,

Congrats on your new purchase good to know that you are enjoying every part of it.
Its really bad that the dealers are not upto the mark when compared to the product that the car is.

Can you throw some light on the FE that you are getting post your 800 km ride, especially given the fact that most of that has been on highway.
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the one hand, yes the bumper is almost non existent, especially in the front, but then I don't think we should encounter problems with the that under normal driving conditions. How many of us actually bump our car head on into something in even a complete ownership cycle? However, with the figo, it seems quite possible that some stupid driver who reversed hard and knocked your beauty in the nose would end up damaging the ac pipes too. However, I am sure this is NOT a shows topper.
Hi deevilslair,

Congrats on the buy, & Figo is indeed a VFM product. I just hope that the impression Ford carries around of an expensive maintainance is not true.

About the bumper, well, it's not us but some other people who are genuinely stupid or by fault poke the nose of the dear car. Plus, I don't know about Chennai, but parking is a big problem here in Delhi & these parking guys most often ill-treat the cars. The cars are parked bumper to bumper, one car kissing the rear of another.

Take care & drive safe. And hey please post the mileage figures you got post that trip as also asked by 'xingamazon'.
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:11   #22
BHPian

@ Xingy & Blackfire,

Just going by tank 2 tank method, so far the figo's been delivering around 14.5 kmpl mileage only, out of which 400+ has been on the highway.

still wouldn't read much into this as there has been a lot of bumper to bumper and initial parking blues at my apartment that the car has had to face. There was also some extended periods of "showcasing" my car to people where I had turned on the engine on idle to show the prowess of the AC.

Hope the figures improve after the first service.
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:13   #23
BHPian

also, btw, if someone could explain how the 'DTE' calculates the FE it would be helpful. It must have some kind of "recent memory" to calculate DTE, for eg:-

- Wouldn't the DTE be different for different driving styles, ie for different people
- I've seen that the DTE changes based on the kind of drive the car had had some time before, for eg., it showed a greater mileage just after the highway ride and showed poorer mileages after a bout of bumper to bumper traffic.
- Would be interesting to know how exactly does the DTE calculate the mileage and fuel levels in the car.
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:29   #24
BHPian

Most people here have advised that the DTE method to calculate FE is not accurate. Why so?
Old 24th May 2010, 13:29   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase and hope you enjoy it to the max.

Quote:
also, btw, if someone could explain how the 'DTE' calculates the FE it would be helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Most people here have advised that the DTE method to calculate FE is not accurate. Why so?
DTE is based on sensing how much fuel has been used for the previous "X" number of kilometers. This "X" number is what the manufacturer feels will give the best, or most accurate, results. It is like a moving average. This is why you see variation in DTE figures when you are driving on the highway vs. in B2B traffic.
As for the advice that DTE figure may not be the most accurate, this will depend on how accurately the sensor's can determine the quantity of fuel that has been used for the "X" kilometers. So, while theoritically DTE can be very accurate if implemented properly, the tankful to tankful method will be most accurate to calculate the FE.
Old 24th May 2010, 14:41   #26
BHPian

Hi,
Nice car & Nice colour. Both Black & Grey(yours) looks very good than the strange green colour that was shown on ads.

SANSI
Old 24th May 2010, 15:18   #27
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. I bought my Figo from Chennai Ford. Had a couple of problems related to audio and papers (RC / Ins / 3rd year warranty) which they fixed at a reasonable turn around time.

Have you add any extras - sun films, reverse horn / sensor etc?
Old 24th May 2010, 21:50   #28
BHPian

Hi folks,
Just heard from Lathangi guys that Ford is planning to hike the prices on the Figo by about 3% (on ex-showroom prices) (roughly by about 20-25K in Bangalore), with effect from 1st of June 2010. I'm trying my best to haggle around and convince them to deliver my car before 31st May to avoid the impending price increase. Any suggestions on how to avoid this folks? I have booked my car on 16th of May and I have even told the sales consultant that I'm ready to pay the full amount in cash if they are able to give me 'price protection' of any sort. They are saying that they are expecting the next lot of cars during this week (hopefully!) or in the first week of June (sigh!). Just keeping my fingers crossed as of now....

Can any of you pls. confirm whether this impending price hike from Ford is true or not? Any suggestions/ideas/advice in this regard?
Old 24th May 2010, 22:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
Congrats on your new buy. I bought my Figo from Chennai Ford. Had a couple of problems related to audio and papers (RC / Ins / 3rd year warranty) which they fixed at a reasonable turn around time.

Have you add any extras - sun films, reverse horn / sensor etc?
hey e-biz, I too had some issues with the dealership - more due to the sales con perhaps rather than the dealership itself. BTW haven't got my warranty papers yet. They said that Ford gets it sent to our addresses directly, but yet to hear from them.

Is it the same with everyone ??

And ya, got sun films put up. They were the govt approved 3M ones, and they were pretty decent. The super dark ones actually affect lateral visibility in the night.

Think of getting the reverse horns fixed during my first service.
Old 24th May 2010, 22:50   #30
BHPian

@e-biz : Could you please tell me details on 3 rd yr extended warranty ? Is it somekind of letter from Ford ? or one given by dealer ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks