Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 20:13   #61
BHPian

Re: Yet Another Fiat Grande Punto MJD -Active on Tbhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Looks to me like prices have increased. In October, I had to replace the right headlamp of the Punto. Fortunately the part was readily available. The charge was only 1900 inclusive of taxes, which included a 250rs labour charge. Looks like the headlamp prices have been jacked up by about 500rs!!
I was quoted Rs2200/- per headlight ,but dont have both the headlights so I had to order it from the Kava automobiles .It may be that kava guys are now taking advantage of their monopoly but then I had no other option except going all the way to delhi for getting it .Moreover the service of the kava is very prompt and they ensure safe delivery of the merchandise so they are worth a try in areas where the fiat dealerships are yet to come.
regards
praveen singh
Old 14th June 2013, 20:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Looks to me like prices have increased. In October, I had to replace the right headlamp of the Punto. Fortunately the part was readily available. The charge was only 1900 inclusive of taxes, which included a 250rs labour charge. Looks like the headlamp prices have been jacked up by about 500rs!!
You guys are lucky! Those of us owning Fiat cars from the Palio family are the worst suffers. One Headlight assembly of Palio Stile costs Rs. 10,000/-!
Old 16th June 2013, 11:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
You guys are lucky! Those of us owning Fiat cars from the Palio family are the worst suffers. One Headlight assembly of Palio Stile costs Rs. 10,000/-!
I would suggest one to go for kava automobiles for Palio headlamps as the single piece of it costed me around Rs 4600 including packaging and delivery .I have recently ordered the same for a friend of mine after getting a quote of Rs 11000 apiece from the TASS and that too they failed to deliver as they dont have that in their stock .The headlamps reached me in 3-4 days of transfering the money through NEFT .Do search kava automobile in Team-bhp as their is a separate thread for it .
regards
praveen singh
Old 19th June 2013, 17:13   #64
BHPian

I had this freaky incident with my car yesterday .I had gone to a nearby town around 60kms with my punto .In the middle of the journey we heard a strange sound emanating from engine bay ,it like belts driving the power steering ,ac conditioner were having bad time with the pulleys.I stopped the car on the sides of the road and killed the engine to take a look at the suspected culprits .It appeared all good to my untrained eyes so we decided to continue with our journey .Thereafter everything seemed in order .I completed the work which almost took 3 hours and started back on our journey back home and bang! .A subdued thud was listened and all of sudden steering become almost fixed and had tough time steering the car .I immediately pulled back thinking belts have been busted .
Lady luck was with us as we were still in the outer periphery of the city and so i drove my car to a nearby garage .Mechanics were called in to rectify the problem who have never seen punto in their life .But somehow ,they found the broken bolt which joined the small rubber pulley .We were told that the broken bolt was quite inaccessible to them so they some how contrived to attach the one belt to pulley which rotated the engine cooling mechanism.
So finally I had to drive odd sixty kms without powersteering in rain and bad headlamps all the way to varanasi .
God really helped us that we reached home safe and car was scheduled to be brought to workshop TASS next day.Next we did go the tass but as often the case we were politely told that they dont have wherewithal to get the broken bolt extracted so we need to get the car to workshop outside the tass and get the job done ,only then would they resolve the further issues .
I am really fed up with this ,and thinking of replacing the car with may be new punto .
I will keep you posted
regards
praveen singh
Old 22nd June 2013, 12:15   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
God really helped us that we reached home safe and car was scheduled to be brought to workshop TASS next day.Next we did go the tass but as often the case we were politely told that they dont have wherewithal to get the broken bolt extracted so we need to get the car to workshop outside the tass and get the job done ,only then would they resolve the further issues .
I am really fed up with this ,and thinking of replacing the car with may be new punto .

Why cant they get the bolt extracted at the TASS?
Old 23rd February 2014, 22:42   #66
BHPian

Its been really long since i last posted in my thread .Now my punto has clocked 90000 kms .Recently i have been to new Fiat dealership in varanasi for routine checkup and maintenance .The jobs done were replacement of busted elastic pads of the front right shockers ,wiper and reverse back light .The bill was as under
1.Elastic pad -RH -Rs 1370/-
2.Reverse back light for Rs 650/-
3.wiper for Rs 400/-
After this ,I had another freak incident wherein the vehicle refused to budge in any of the gears ,the driver failed to diagnose the problem and the my beloved needed yet another towing service for almost fifty kms.The fiat helpline was quick to respond but that time the driver had arranged a tow vehicle.
I am yet not sure whats wrong with the car this time around .The car is at service centre and today being sunday the car would be operated upon tomorrow .Lets see what transpires then and till that time I am having really tough time guessing as to what ails the car now.

Last edited by blueblooded : 23rd February 2014 at 22:43. Reason: senctence correction
Old 24th February 2014, 08:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.Now my punto has clocked 90000 kms .

After this ,I had another freak incident wherein the vehicle refused to budge in any of the gears
Wow, 90K on the car, you surely must have enjoyed driving the Punto so far.

Did the engine start at all? Hope it must be a minor issue and the Punto is back on the streets.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 20:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Did the engine start at all? Hope it must be a minor issue and the Punto is back on the streets.
dear Ghodlur,Its been truly pleasurable journey all along .
Today i went to take stock of my baby.The mechanics diagnosed that clutch has gone awry which was replaced which made me poorer by Rs 8115/-
The cost break up is as follows
1.Clutch kit -Rs 4147/-
2.One bearing used in clutch assembly-533/-
3.2 litres of transmission oil -Rs 810/-
4.Clutch overhauling charges (labor)-Rs 1800/-

Finally i hope that everything would be honk dory hereafter
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 20:27   #69
BHPian

Quote:
dear Ghodlur,Its been truly pleasurable journey all along .
Today i went to take stock of my baby.The mechanics diagnosed that clutch has gone awry which was replaced which made me poorer by Rs 8115/-
The cost break up is as follows
1.Clutch kit -Rs 4147/-
2.One bearing used in clutch assembly-533/-
3.2 litres of transmission oil -Rs 810/-
4.Clutch overhauling charges (labor)-Rs 1800/-

Finally i hope that everything would be honk dory hereafter
regards
praveen singh
Was this the first clutch bust up ? I am on the OEM clutch assembly and done 70K so I should be prepared :-)
Old 24th February 2014, 20:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Was this the first clutch bust up ? I am on the OEM clutch assembly and done 70K so I should be prepared :-)
Yes this was first clutch bust up ,but i think it depends more on driving style so be watchful
Old 25th February 2014, 17:15   #71
BANNED

Hi Friends,

My brother in law is planning to buy Punto Active Diesel model here in Bangalore.

I would like to know about its performance, after sales service and pros and cons before I ask him to go ahead.

1. whether he should go for Dealer Insurance or direct with Insurance for ZERO Dep. Depreciation

2. What other points to consider before taking the plungle.
Old 25th February 2014, 21:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Hi Friends,

My brother in law is planning to buy Punto Active Diesel model here in Bangalore.

I would like to know about its performance, after sales service and pros and cons before I ask him to go ahead.

1. whether he should go for Dealer Insurance or direct with Insurance for ZERO Dep. Depreciation

dear rakesh ,I would like to say sounding cliched that there is no car in its price bracket in terms of 1.Ride 2.Handling 3.High speed dynamics 4.Build .
Moreover its complete value for money package considering the overpriced marutis and hyundais .
Lastly but not least with new crop of dedicated fiat dealership one can really have peace of mind regading after sales services .
I would also like to add that fiats age graciously .
On the negative side Fiat doesnt command much respect in the second hand market ,but this going to change as the after sales stories go around the town.
So my take is go for it .
As regards the insurance go for the insurance from the dealership itself as it would be more hassle free as it would be cashless .
Do keep us posted .
regards
praveen singh
Old 26th February 2014, 08:26   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post

Quote:
As regards the insurance go for the insurance from the dealership itself as it would be more hassle free as it would be cashless .
I would avoid taking the Insurance from the dealer unless it is offered as a freebie and clubbed in the discounts. Try to get the cash discount equivalent to the Insurance amount coz you can purchase it online from Insurers for far less value than that offered by dealer (dealer offer:25K, Actual insurance from outside:17K)

Rakesh - Have you or your BIL test driven the Punto? If so whats the take on it? Fiat buyers are usually a selective lot and not with the herd mentality. So I hope you are among one of them.
Old 26th February 2014, 10:19   #74
BANNED

I've driven Fiat Palio which was my first car but have not test driven Punto as of now.

Before I suggest anything to me, definitely I will ask him to get a test drive.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:39   #75
BHPian

Dear friends ,
Its been long while since I last posted the updates of my car .The car is now 96000 kms old .A lot of things happened meanwhile .The punto was serviced at 92000 kms at classic motors lucknow.All the lubes except the coolant was changed .Moreover the engine guard need replacement owing to multiple beatings it received .
Secondly the engine oil sump had also busted and was changed .Much to my surprise the cost of engine sump was just Rs 650/- and that of engine guard was around Rs 1800/-
I was more than satisfied with the services of CLASSIC MOTORS lucknow ,and strongly recommend it to everybody .
This was done early july.One thing more which needed the immediate attention was self actuator motor -as it was producing strange sound during start up of the car.I planned to get it changed under extended warranty but due to some preoccupations I could not get it done under the warranty period.
That mistake made me cough up 7500/- for the self .
Guys at classic motors take pains to resolve our troubles ,I have been to numerous service centres but never seen such proclivity towards solving customer problems all across the multiple brands like HYundai ,tata ,maruti..
So the great thing is that Fiat is improving its after sales support and fiat bashers should take note of the same before writing it off .
The fiat punto -each time i drive over highways thrills me like no other thing ,Its like the song of movie KICK ,tere bina kick mujhe milti nahi
regards
praveen singh

Last edited by blueblooded : 2nd September 2014 at 12:41. Reason: spell check

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks