Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 15:04   #1
BHPian

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures

A Preview:

I was not having any idea about the cars and after having the first impression on the New Sexy muscular Beat on the road, I started to follow it. I got impressed with the sporty look of the Beat and started to search on Google to get some reviews for Beat. I got the link to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html and it was an amazing review by Team-BHP. It helped me to get the positives and negatives about the car. I started to compare it with Figo, Punto, A Star. My requirement was to get some good looking new car in 4 to 5 Lakhs. Also the parking space is not that much wide. After going through Team BHP as a guest for about 1 month, I have finalized to go with BEAT.

The Version:

I was comparing the LS and LT versions. I have seen so many negative reviews about the Audio System available in the LT. And finally decided to go with the LS version and to get some decent ICE system later. But I think, LT is more Value for Money version while comparing with LS.

Booking Process:

I got the car, just 5 days after making the full payment. And that is too with the permanent number plate.

Extra Things:

I got the following things free on the delivery:
  1. Foot mats
  2. Mud flap
  3. Chevy Teddy
I have paid extra amount to get some decent film (Don’t know the brand and all. It cost Rs: 875+Labour Charges+Tax )

Driving Experience:

I feel, it is easy to handle and ride quality is superior. I have completed around 860 KMs till now and completed the 1st Service just before 1 week.

Always I used to keep the RPM below 2500 and I too feel some problem with 2nd 3rd gear drive. Now I am adjusted to that, and I can overcome the problem by driving at optimum RPMs. I never crossed 80 KMs speed because I just don't want to spoil the YOUNG engine.

The minimum turning radios is amazing and it’s giving me confidence to park the car easily. The steering height is OK for me and my LS model is missing the Tilt steering which is available in the LT model.

Front Seat height:

While driving for the first time, I thought I’m sitting in floor. Because, I used to drive Zen Estilo for some time. The seat height is low while comparing with the Zen Estilo. Beat is not having height adjustment feature. I’m 5’8” and now I’m very6 much comfortable with the seat height. Now I feel that I’m sitting on top of an elephant when I drive the Estilo.

Dashboard Design:

I have seen some negative reviews about the dashboard design that,if you are tall, your knees will be rubbing against the dash. But I didn’t feel like that. The seat can be moved backward to avoid that. it will not spoil the rear leg room as the Beat is having good back leg room.

Backseat under Thigh Support:

If you are a tall guy, then you won’t be able to sit in the back seat for a longer drive. Because the under thigh support will be lower in the back seat. But I don’t mind it all since I’m the person who is driving the car always.

AC:

I’m missing the Auto Climate control feature since I went for the LS model. But the LS model is also having the good AC and I feel it cools better than any other Cars in the market. I used to keep it always on the 1st point, even in this HOT Chennai :O

Head Lights:

The head lights design is superb. But I feel that, the High beam quality should be improved. The LT model might be having some good visibility while comparing with the LT model and the LT model is having the Fog Lambs also. I’m missing it in my LS Model.

Boot:

Boot space is less. But this space is more than enough for me. In case of heavy luggage I can fold the Rear Seats which is having 60:40 folding option. I don’t mind to do so because most of the time, the front seats only will be occupied. I have removed the supplied Plastic Boot tray to install the wooden tray for ICEing the CAR.

ICE:

I have spent Rs: 11,000/- for ICEing the car. I will post the details as a spate thread.

Pictures:

I’m posting some random snaps took with my Camera. I will post more snaps of the Interiors soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-01.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-02.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-03.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-04.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-05.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-06.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-07.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-08.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-09.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-10.jpg  

Last edited by nirubhai : 14th June 2010 at 15:18. Reason: Edited some unwanted capitalization.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:09   #2
BHPian

I'm posting some more clicks from my Camera. Please post your feedback if you like the clicks..
Attached Thumbnails
Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-11.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-12.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-13.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-14.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-15.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-16.jpg  

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-17.jpg  

Old 14th June 2010, 15:38   #3
BHPian

Niru bhai, many congratulations, and welcome to the Beat owner's club. I myself have a Morocco Blue Beat LT.

Yes I agree LT is more VFM, and hence I went for it. Even I was skeptical about the music system quality. To be honest, it is rather average on LT, but the good thing (as tbhp member astonlobo will tell you) is that by upgrading the speakers, the sound quality improves by a huge extent.

Keep your impressions coming. Congrats on the Red beauty once again. Show us the pics of the interior with your ICE setup etc.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful pictures, and congratulations!

Where in Chennai is such a nice place? Is it ECR?
Old 14th June 2010, 15:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition. I noticed that you are actually not happy with your car though you say you are happy. You are frequently comparing it with LT and say you miss it; from what I can infer, you had the budget but you didn't buy the LT for the Music system it offers?
Old 14th June 2010, 15:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pictures. Congratulation on the car... Good luck.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Niru bhai, many congratulations, and welcome to the Beat owner's club. I myself have a Morocco Blue Beat LT.

Yes I agree LT is more VFM, and hence I went for it. Even I was skeptical about the music system quality. To be honest, it is rather average on LT, but the good thing (as tbhp member astonlobo will tell you) is that by upgrading the speakers, the sound quality improves by a huge extent.

Keep your impressions coming. Congrats on the Red beauty once again. Show us the pics of the interior with your ICE setup etc.
Thank you dude. I'm yet to take the pics of interiors. I will post it soon after getting the Seat Covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post

You are absolutely right.. It's ECR road only. On the way to Pondicherry.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition. I noticed that you are actually not happy with your car though you say you are happy. You are frequently comparing it with LT and say you miss it; from what I can infer, you had the budget but you didn't buy the LT for the Music system it offers?
I was not having budget to go for the LT model. But I'm very happy with the LS Model. I was just giving the advantages of going for LT model if you have some more money to spend.
Old 14th June 2010, 16:35   #9
BHPian

Congrats @nirubhai...Guess this is neelankarai? Just before the petrol bunk where you get to go this close to the sea?
Old 14th June 2010, 16:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
Congrats @nirubhai...Guess this is neelankarai? Just before the petrol bunk where you get to go this close to the sea?
Dear e-biz,
I don't remember the place names. Its ECR road only. On the way to Pondicherry.

The 2nd snap in the 2nd post is near Alambara Fort:
Alambara Fort - Google Maps

Name:  4699037092_80a458923e_m.jpg
Views: 11304
Size:  31.5 KB

The 5th snap in the 2nd Post is just before the toll gate before Majayal
Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-4699041108_3e295457c9_m.jpg
Old 14th June 2010, 16:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post

Yes its in the ECR. SOme of the pictures are shot near Tiger cave (parking lot photo), ECR (after the uppalam).
Old 14th June 2010, 20:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Very nice pictures. Congratulation on the car... Good luck.
Dear Rupesth, Thanks for your comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Yes its in the ECR. SOme of the pictures are shot near Tiger cave (parking lot photo), ECR (after the uppalam).
Seems like you are very much familiar with the place.. This is the second time we are going for the ECR trip. 1st one was after getting my First bike, Yamaha FZ and now its with my Muscular Chevy Beat.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post

Congratuations Niru Bhai and Welcome to the Beat club. May God bless you will millions of safe miles in your new aquisition. As quadmaniac quoted my suggestion, yes indeed the sound quality of the LT stereo sound increases by a huge margin if you plug in good speakers as the stock ones are not worth their name on the car.

All things put, you have a great car just like us all and do let us know if you need any help or advice and we all are there for you!

Cheers and have fun!
Old 14th June 2010, 21:05   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Congratuations Niru Bhai and Welcome to the Beat club. May God bless you will millions of safe miles in your new aquisition. As quadmaniac quoted my suggestion, yes indeed the sound quality of the LT stereo sound increases by a huge margin if you plug in good speakers as the stock ones are not worth their name on the car.

All things put, you have a great car just like us all and do let us know if you need any help or advice and we all are there for you!

Cheers and have fun!
Thank you very much Alstonlobo for such a warm welcome. Happy to hear that, you guys have upgraded the Speakers.

But I think, GM should provide at least some 5" space for speakers on the dash.. The 4" speakers wont be nice even if you go for Pioneer or JBL or Sony or any other Sound BOMBS :(

Last edited by nirubhai : 14th June 2010 at 21:14.
Old 15th June 2010, 19:58   #15
BHPian

Chevy Beat Accessories Price List

Dear All,

You can find the Accessories price list which i got from Sundaram Motors, Chennai.

Red Hot Muscular Chevrolet Beat LS : Initial Report with Lots of Pictures-beat_accessories.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks