Team-BHP - Grande MkII 2.2 DiCor EX BS4
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Grande MkII 2.2 DiCor EX BS4 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/83998-grande-mkii-2-2-dicor-ex-bs4-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1945234)
Let me be the first one to congratulate you. Nice report and pics, please post some pics of the interiors also.

Has delhi hiked the road tax ? Earlier it used to be 5% or so.

Thank you for the wishes. Yes, road tax has increased from 4% to 7% for vehicles costing more than 6 lakhs. This was effective around 10 Jun or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedised (Post 1945387)
Nice report. I too like a Grande. Hope to see it in a 4*4 avataar. I read somewhere that the MK2 comes with 4 spoke steering wheel, and your's is 3 spoke, what's the misery?:)

There is no mystery. There was a rather garish looking beige coloured 4-spoke in the Grande (not MKII) with horn buttons on either side. In MKII the diameter of the steering wheel has been reduced, colour changed to a nice shade of grey/black and has a floating horn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaureanBull (Post 1945410)
Heartiest congratulations. Have a safe and comfortable drive.

1. I hate this sumo word being carried forward. Always reminds of the taxis. Wife's opinion "Grande? so what its still sumo".

2. Pardon my ignorance whats this killer tax @12.50% (some humour??) in addition to Reg, Road tax, Hypo, MCD. I never heard of any such tax. If you can throw some light on this.

3. What are these logistics accessories?

2. There are three things: 1) Ex-factory price 2) Ex-showroom price 3) On-road price.

As you can see in my post, the ex-factory cost of the vehicle is just 6.3 lakhs. To this cost, a Value Added Tax (VAT) to the tune of 12.5% is added. This tax is added on all manufactured goods. This is how the ex-showroom price is arived at. In this case VAT comes to Rs.79k. That's why the sarcasm about "killer taxes".

3. Logistics are I beleive transportation charges from Pune to Delhi. Accessories are the usual floor mats and mudflaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 1945457)

Thanks trrk, but I have already checked this URL - Methods is based in South India - no details about a branch in North India - may be I'll fill the enquiry form online and check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 1945487)
Jessie, Congratulations on buying Grande MK II. ITs awesome and the color is very nice, not too harsh, not too dull, "Pleasant" to me :)

I liked the way you made yourself sit in the last row with a stool-like thingy to extend your legs. Thats TATA vehicles where you get humongous space to customize like this.

Enjoy and have a safe/happy motoring :)

Prem.

Thanks for the wishes. Yes, the best combination for North Indian conditions is light exterior colour and dark interior colour.

A very nice review considering the way you have been critical about your own newly purchased vehicle over the interior fit and finish. However, these glitches apart, wish you many miles of happy motoring. The engine though detuned for the Grande somehow feels livelier in this car.

Congrats on the buy, happy mile crunching.

Nice detailed report:thumbs up

Maintaining the interiors are gonna be a tough job:p

Congratulations on buying the car that in my opinion is much better than the Xylo. The exterior colour looks good, but I didn't like the interiors (the space is awesome, I am referring to the finish and the colours used).

How about getting fog lamps fitted? In my opinion, it'll enhance the look from the front.

Congrats Jessie, saw the vehicle at the tata showroom here and was quite impressed with the huge space inside!!

Some queries-1) How do you feel is the braking of the vehicle?is it confidence inspiring or a bit scary? 2)You have shown a photo with the middle row seats reclined.does it hurt the lower back sitting in that position?as it does not look very comfortable especially for long trips!!

Congratulations Jessie. Nice Color and I wish there were options on the interior color.

Even with the mentioned drawbacks, the grande mk2 seems like a good VFM. I remember reading somewhere the pickup is low in grande mk1. How is the pickup in mk2? Have you faced any issues so far while overtaking?

Congrats on the Grande MKII. The interior looks nice. By the way, I have a question, doesn't the middle row seats seem a bit lower than normal. Nice set of pictures. Do keep posting on the ownership experience.

Congratulations Jessie!! The car stereo seems to be pioneer 2290UB. How much it costed you?

Congrats jessie007

I am also looking up for a Grande for our family, if we don't sell our Santro Xing. Lest, we will have a Safari.

Somehow, I am inclined for a Grande (confused with EX/GX) for the ability to haul big families (read joint families). You have meticulously listed the strength/ Weakness of the car. Thanx for sharing.

:OT we booked a RETB yesterday (Rs100K+), & expect delivery in few days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carfreak (Post 1945634)
Congrats Jessie, saw the vehicle at the tata showroom here and was quite impressed with the huge space inside!!

Some queries-1) How do you feel is the braking of the vehicle?is it confidence inspiring or a bit scary? 2)You have shown a photo with the middle row seats reclined.does it hurt the lower back sitting in that position?as it does not look very comfortable especially for long trips!!

Thanks Carfreak for the wishes
1) Braking was fine for the 150-odd kms I drove on the highway. As I have mentioned in my review it had decent bite and there were no scary moments. Though I cannot comment on braking from high speeds, as of now.
2) That photo is to show how much and which all seats can recline. Ideally, the middle row seats would be reclined much less and if people are sitting in the third row, even lesser. I would say the middle row seat is fairly spacious and comfortable. If we compare with the benchmark, I feel Innova's middle row seat is slightly more comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gshanky (Post 1945964)
Congratulations Jessie. Nice Color and I wish there were options on the interior color.

Even with the mentioned drawbacks, the grande mk2 seems like a good VFM. I remember reading somewhere the pickup is low in grande mk1. How is the pickup in mk2? Have you faced any issues so far while overtaking?

Yes gshanky, the Grande score on the VFM front. The 2.2. DiCor is sprightly enough and max torque of 250 Nm is delivered from as low as 1500 rpm till 3000 rpm, which greatly helps in pick-up and reduces the amount of gear change required. This also results in good fuel economy.

Driving on the highway, I didn't feel the need for frequent gear change and overtaking was also fairly comfortable, though sudden acceleration for close overtaking will require a downshift as the vehicle's weight tends to blunt performance.

@jessie:
The only thing that I did'nt liked in MK2 is the steering wheel. The one, of which you have posted pictures, is a great looking one. Rest of the things are simply the great VFM.
A query, Is the 4x4 version coming in Grande or likely to be in production line anytime in future.:)

Congrats on your buy. The Grande is great VFM. IMO it has the best engine in the price range. I too have just become a member of the Tata customer-base last week with my new Indigo CS. I have the exact same side beading on my car. Happy Motoring, friend.

Your report was very unbiased and comprehensive. Hope you keep updating.

I like the look of the older sttering better, but a floating horn button is easier to use at any position of the wheel. Besides, this one is smaller and more car-like. I think it's from the Vista. Is the horn button easy to use? The one on my Indigo requires a firm press, and I'm considering changing the steering.

I also like the AC knobs in the dash and the wood finish. Like the analog clock too. The sppedo/tach setup seems very similar to that in the Indigo. I think Tata uses the same setup for Indigo, Grande and Safari with different coloured dials. Could you post a pic of the dials' backlighting at night?