Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 23:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Some more interior pics.

Would someone explain what the open electrical socket like thing (it can be closed) is in the last pic?
Nice car buddy. The socket is actually OBD II (On Board Diagnostics II) port. You can connect ScanGauge II or other OBD gadgets to get various info about your car's engine, FE, performance from ECU.

For more info google search about OBD II.

Congratulations and drive safe.
Old 5th July 2010, 06:46   #32
BHPian

The electrical thing is OBD (onboard diagnostics) connector.

As Gilead said, sports pedals are a must accessory.

You can also go for door scuff plates..the OEM ones is tad smaller to my liking, aftermarket ones may also be avlbl for Fiesta.

You can also lift up the rear seat and hide the middle seat belts if they are not used...will make the rear seat look clean.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:50   #33
BHPian

thanks everyone. I plan on getting the tires,sun film,headlights,reverse horn tomorrow. I was also wondering if I can get the side skirts for her? Will they scrape on 195/60 R 14 tires?
Old 5th July 2010, 10:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks everyone. I plan on getting the tires,sun film,headlights,reverse horn tomorrow. I was also wondering if I can get the side skirts for her? Will they scrape on 195/60 R 14 tires?
You are considering the side skirts from the 'S' or the aftermarket ones?
Old 5th July 2010, 11:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
You are considering the side skirts from the 'S' or the aftermarket ones?
I was thinking of the side skirts from the 'S'. Are there better aftermarket options available?
Old 5th July 2010, 13:50   #36
Senior - BHPian

The original 'S' bodykit from Ford is very expensive. Here is an 'S' replica kit that a Chennai BHP-ian has on his car which is much cheaper than the OE one. And the bodykit looks good only with 15" wheels IMO. And there is also a chance it may scrape with 14" wheels.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1884936

Are you sure you want the reverse horn? I personally find them very irritating and I find that other vehicles tend to block your path even more when the siren is blaring.

Last edited by Gilead : 5th July 2010 at 13:52.
Old 5th July 2010, 15:05   #37
BHPian

[quote=Gilead;1967614]The original 'S' bodykit from Ford is very expensive. Here is an 'S' replica kit that a Chennai BHP-ian has on his car which is much cheaper than the OE one. And the bodykit looks good only with 15" wheels IMO. And there is also a chance it may scrape with 14" wheels.

That's my worry: won't change the alloys for now so maybe the skirts will have to wait.

Are you sure you want the reverse horn? I personally find them very irritating and I find that other vehicles tend to block your path even more when the siren is blaring.
I was planning on getting a not-too-loud one. But now that you mentioned it, I realize that I almost always switch off the reverse horn on my old car because of the irritating sound. So maybe it's not required after all.
/quote]

Also, the doors don't centrally lock when you drive? Is that something that I will have to get fitted separately?
Old 6th July 2010, 09:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi Niranjan,

I know I am pretty much late, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to Fiesta family. The red colour looks quite hot and the wheels look too good. The biege interiors look good but a bit of effort needed to maintain them.
3 days of absence and I miss a lot on the forum.
Keep crunching miles and safe driving.
Regarding the central locking you have to depress the driver side latch to activate the central locking. I dont think it locks automatically after the engine is started.
Reverse Horn is not legal, it is actually banned by the RTO's. Anyways they are infact a pain & irritating IMO. Would suggest to go for reverse sensors in place of horn, if reversing is an issue.
Old 6th July 2010, 10:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Niranjan,

I know I am pretty much late, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to Fiesta family. The red colour looks quite hot and the wheels look too good. The biege interiors look good but a bit of effort needed to maintain them.
3 days of absence and I miss a lot on the forum.
Keep crunching miles and safe driving.
Regarding the central locking you have to depress the driver side latch to activate the central locking. I dont think it locks automatically after the engine is started.
Reverse Horn is not legal, it is actually banned by the RTO's. Anyways they are infact a pain & irritating IMO. Would suggest to go for reverse sensors in place of horn, if reversing is an issue.
Thanks mate! I chucked the reverse horn idea. The issue really was backing up into a busy lane and nobody bothering to slow down; don't need reverse sensors actually.
On the central locking front, there is only a window open/close lock latch at the driver side, and the individual doors have no locks, just the door latch. Am I missing something here??
Old 6th July 2010, 11:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate! I chucked the reverse horn idea. The issue really was backing up into a busy lane and nobody bothering to slow down; don't need reverse sensors actually.
On the central locking front, there is only a window open/close lock latch at the driver side, and the individual doors have no locks, just the door latch. Am I missing something here??
Yes, that is correct. The latch one you are mentioning is rear window locks (as child safety measure), with that set to lock, you can't operate rear windows from buttons on rear doors.

As ghodlur stated, central locking done by pressing driver side door latch. This locks all doors, of-course individual can open doors from inside (using their side of door latch) but not from outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks