Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 20:45   #1
BHPian

My Toy ( Swift Vdi ) has arrived

Hi TeamBHPians

I booked my swift on 14th April 2010 , finally after waiting for three months it got delivered on 22nd July 2010 .
I know how these three months i have passed waiting for it .

This is my first personal car . We already have two Maruti ( wagon R and Versa ) in ma family .

Reason i went for swift Vdi was for its power delivery and looks ( it give a toy look once it get fully loaded with broad tyres) .

And also i have never driven the swift VDi . I just sat in ma frens swift and i was drooled over it ,
I have been on reading threads on Teambhp since one and half year .

I read many comments from people that its rattles after sometime , it has cheap plastics . And i fully agree to it .
But one thing about this car is FUN TO DRIVE .
I bought HRS brand alloys for ma toy a week ago before delivery from SAI Mag wheels .
I went a month ago i zeroed upon the black chrome alloys which tsk13 has uploaded pictures of it .
But when i went a week ago they were sold out . They had 14 inches available but i needed 15 inches .
Then i went for different design and finish .

On the day of delivery , i drove ma swift straight to famous tyre shop of Faridabad ( Haryana Tyres ) and owner of the shop is ma dads close friends . So there was no need to discuss about any discounts . And also i cant reveal the price for which i got tyres . Sorry guys .

I would like to thanks nikhil from banglore and i owe a treat to prajesh because i distrubed him several times on messaging and phone recommending me best tyree option i can go for .

Like alloys were out of stock when i went to buy , same thing happened for tyress also . Prajesh recommended me Bridgestome Turanze ER60 but they were out of stock . Ma uncle said wait for next month tyress will come in but i have a problem that i cant wat for things .

So now i am stuck and i was thinking thinking i called prajesh . Series of talk went around , i zeeroed upon yokohama A drive .
Bill was about to get cut , ma phone rang it was a call from ma fren Bhavesh who is also a teambhpian and owns Automatic ANHC . When i wold him i am going for yokohama he said yaar thode se paisoo ke liyee dont go for yoko , buy Michelin Primacy LC . I was afraid this tyree will create bulge one day but i took the risk and i went for Michelin Primacy LC (195 60 R 15).
These tyress just stick to raod like anything and they look massive .

Now here is ma experience after initial driving of 200 kms

- Boost of car delivering at 2000 RPM . loving it
- Front seat are very comfortable

Dislikes
- plastic quality is not good
- Steering has become heavy after going for 195 prfile tyre

This is all i have analysed since 200 kms

What i really like this Swift VDi can made into a TOY and it can make most of the cars on road Leave behind .

Pete box i will go for after 10000 kms

Lumar sunfilm , seat covers and temporary audio system will go in after tow weeks ( Vitamin M shortage )

I have been bitten by teambhp ICE bug so for now temporary audio system will make me relaxed for some months .

One thing moree i bought stickers of TeamBHP one and half year ago , and i gave them to ma fren who had cars , now teambhpians u can realize how much i love teambhp . I know people take so much pain to collect data and upload .
I have gained immense knowledge from this forum .

GTO thanks for creating such a Great Automobile Forum TeamBHP .

Sidindica thanks to you that u created thread for swift celebrating 5 years .

Here are the pictures of ma TOY hope u love it . These have been taken from iPhone so picture quality will not be good .
Attached Thumbnails
My Toy ( Swift Vdi ) has arrived-photo-12.jpg  

My Toy ( Swift Vdi ) has arrived-photo-24.jpg  

My Toy ( Swift Vdi ) has arrived-photo-42.jpg  

My Toy ( Swift Vdi ) has arrived-dsc030252.jpg  

My Toy ( Swift Vdi ) has arrived-photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st August 2010 at 19:15. Reason: Hi Safari_ beast - please see Eddy's note to you on the 2nd page of your thread. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2010, 09:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Safari-Beast, Congrats on your latest acquisition buddy.

Personally, I am not a big fan of Swifts, but the colours Black & White always makes me rethink as they just look Gorgeous (IMO) !!
Old 26th July 2010, 10:07   #3
BHPian

You got a great car buddy. Congratulations. Good color and nice footwear. You have talked more about the footwear than about the toy. So more on the toy please. And more pics are welcome.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:41   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the Swift Club!

Congratulations Safari_Beast! It feels a lot special when you get your first own car. Your vehicle looks good with the new shoes. Here's wishing you a happy motoring experience for many years to come! And like most of us out here at Team-Bhp say, more pics please!!!

Btw, I see that the rear tire snap shows the tire slanting a bit, is that ok?

Cheers
Champion
Old 26th July 2010, 13:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Lovely alloys, great choice. Please remove the dealer's sticker from the rear windscreen.
Old 26th July 2010, 21:27   #6
BHPian

Many congrats, you know who am I. You will fall in love with those tyres for sure. Keep getting it loaded.
Old 26th July 2010, 21:47   #7
BHPian

Congrats Safari_beast for your new swift. It definitely needs sunfilms. But also get an exhaust tip finisher. It make the rear look awesome. And please, NO SPOILERS !!!
Old 26th July 2010, 22:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Beast. On my last visit to Sai Mag, I saw this pattern and liked it a lot. Moreover, is it in Gunmetal finish?
Old 26th July 2010, 22:26   #9
BHPian

congrats Safari_beast for your toy albeit this one really has some muscle on the road. Nice choice of shoes and color.
Happy mile crunching with the oil burner.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase. Drive safe.
Old 27th July 2010, 10:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Safari_beast, the car does look nice,

Did you make a permanent number plate for a Temp number? thats strange

Can you please give the cost details I have a friend who is in Gurgoan plannign to buy a Swift, it would give an idea of the cost
Old 27th July 2010, 11:25   #12
BHPian

Ma best wishes to you.
Congratulations and drive safe!!!
Old 27th July 2010, 20:53   #13
BHPian

Thank you all for your wishes .

@ Fiesta Beast : I know u , thanks again

@ tsk13 : the alloys which u uploaded the one with chrome black are out of stock for 15 inch size , this is hyper silver . These alloys do look good in real . But looks ordinary when seen in snaps

@ Champion : the one side of car is on inclined surface so it looks to be in slanting postion

@ xingamazon : The temporary plates were installed free when i took delivery .
Car costed me around 556000 approx , And tax is cheaper in haryana than other states so price will be almost same in gurgaon .

One more update i have debadged ma TOY and also removed the dealer sticker . Its looks now neat and bulkier from behind . Soon i will upload the new snaps .
This week ma stuff is arriving , waiting curiously for it .
Old 28th July 2010, 22:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the input Beast. Look forward to fresh pics and what new stuff are you getting?
Old 29th July 2010, 13:15   #15
lsp
BHPian

Congrats Safari beast!!
I like your choice of alloys. In the pics you seem to be getting a PUC certificate from the PUC kiosk. Isn't it true that with a new car you dont need a PUC for 6/12 months? (not really sure if it is 6 or 12)

Can someone confirm whats the rule and timeframe?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks