Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 10:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini.rtmc View Post
... I took out the blaupunkt HU and put it in my swift yesterday. It took 4 hours. The installer came at 9 in the night and worked till 1 in the midnight. I will put the pio7950+amp+sub in cedia in other two days..
Congratulations on the kill. This is fantastic deal. It's said that "Maintain car like a doctor, maintain your body like an Engineer". A Doctor's car always went at premium those days.

One word of caution. While fixing the new HU, make sure that the A/C diverting system is connected properly. Recently here in Chennai, I went to a local Blaupunkt authorized service guy, who took out the head unit for servicing and while fixing back made a mess of the A/C diverter Knob, and the air started going all over after fixing. I had to go back to Mistu dealer/service center to get it fixed properly.
Mine is Spirit, 2007 Sept model, done around 19K and still plays like a Violin.
Enjoy the machine.
FE: 10 in City? doubtful. 8.5-9 reasonable. 14 on highway? Easy.
Old 28th July 2010, 14:46   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Congratulations on the kill. This is fantastic deal. It's said that "Maintain car like a doctor, maintain your body like an Engineer". A Doctor's car always went at premium those days.

One word of caution. While fixing the new HU, make sure that the A/C diverting system is connected properly. Recently here in Chennai, I went to a local Blaupunkt authorized service guy, who took out the head unit for servicing and while fixing back made a mess of the A/C diverter Knob, and the air started going all over after fixing. I had to go back to Mistu dealer/service center to get it fixed properly.
Mine is Spirit, 2007 Sept model, done around 19K and still plays like a Violin.
Enjoy the machine.
FE: 10 in City? doubtful. 8.5-9 reasonable. 14 on highway? Easy.
Thank you for the heads up. the installer removed the panel and removed the blaupunkt HU. He didnt fix back the panel and said will fix it only after fitting the pio HU.
Do we have to cut the wires to change the stock HU to pioneer or should we get a dongle which will fit directly on the stock?
I will tank up after visiting the workshop and check mileage. I will be more than happy if can get 14 on highway.
Old 28th July 2010, 15:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^ to be frank, I have no idea if you have to cut wires or insert-type clip ons come with the Pio HU. I recently did a 705 kms in full tank, with few petrol (might have been just vapor there) to reach the next Petrol station. You will do it too. Best of luck.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:52   #19
VMG
BHPian

If you drive between 90-110 you will get 14+. Last time I got 14.6 and i am always using regular petrol.
Mine is Cedia sports 2007 Oct model; it is great car with great machine and I enjoy every moment when I am driving.

Safe and happy driving...
Old 28th July 2010, 17:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it okay to put the legally not permissible films or better to go with 35/50 visibility ones?
Even 35 is, I believe, not legal. But with 35 there still is visibility from outside. Below that it really gets dark and would be easy for the cops to make out at a glance that the tints are below the legal threshold.

Quote:
I want to put Stanley leather seats (beige) may be after 6 months. How much would it cost
Full leather would probably cost upwards of 20K at least.

Quote:
Confused where to put the 4-channel JBL amp. I do not want to put it under the passenger seat. If put in the boot, will it have any heating issues. This 504 amp served me for 2.5 years without any issues and like the amp very much. I do not want it to go kaput. If it is not an issue which is the best place in the boot and I do not want to close the boot access from the rear seat. Please suggest.
No there won't be any heating issues in the boot.
To retain the boot access from inside the cabin, install the amp in the corner of the boot, right behind either of the tail-lamps.

Quote:
Do we have to cut the wires to change the stock HU to pioneer or should we get a dongle which will fit directly on the stock?
Don't see why wires would need to be cut. A wiring harness ('dongle') should work.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:52   #21

Thank you all for the advise.
On friday, the installer came and installed the ICE.
HU: Pioneer 7950 (from my previous car swift)
Front: JBL 608c (new b/w 4600)
Rear: JBL 638 (new b/w 3300)
4 channel JBL 504 amp to power the 4 above speakers. amp was from previous car. used the old RCA cables and monster speaker cables.
I have the JBL sub 1260Br from my previous car which is not connected yet. Planning to buy a monoblock (300.1) and connect the sub later.
bought the audison(connection) - distributor block (1600) to distribute the power supply to both amps.
Dampening of front doors and trunk: 4 sheets of wurth (2000)
wooden plank and carpet (500)
New phillips 90/100 rallye head lamps and roots relay kit (1100)
The stock battery on cedia is 32AH. Do not know if this can provide the juice for both the amps and headlamps along with AC fan and others.
I think I need to upgrade the battery. what would be the ideal power requirement.

Attached are pictures from a mobile. Please excuse my photography skills and my mobile camera.

I have also installed the 3M (CS35) film costing 3200. Plan to put vkool70 for the front later. May be after the monsoons. Pictures of car after putting the sun film are not taken and the better pictures shall follow.

Few issues:
1. the AC knob issue as told by Raja Taurus did happen. I checked this before the installer left from my home. The AC was blowing hot. He corrected before leaving. Thanks for the headsup RT.
2. The lights on the speedo are not working on putting the headlamp. Installer said this is not a fuse issue. I have to check with workshop guys
3. the right hand side front and rear parking lights are not working.
4. what is the button next to headlamp level adjustment. I dont have the manual and am not aware of this button function.
5. There is noise on turning the steering full either towards left or right while driving slow or parking
6. The sterring seems to pass the jerks on bad stretches. Little jerks. Do I have to get the steering dampener adjustment
7. The rear suspension is too stiff. When driving alone I have to go slow on humps else both the rear wheels are hitting the road with a thud while coming down the hump. With load they are smooth. Has to do something with the stiff suspension of cedia
8. Driven around 200kms after a tankup and the fuel indicator is showing quarter mark
9. The gear shift is notchy for the first 4-5 kms then it becomes smooth.

I will have to rectify these issues and may be go for an all oil change.
Attached Thumbnails
Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-31072010101.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-31072010102.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-31072010103.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-31072010104.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-31072010105.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010106.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010107.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010108.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010109.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010110.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010111.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010112.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010113.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010114.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010115.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010116.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010117.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010118.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010119.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-01082010120.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2010, 15:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Very nice ICE, good decision to upgrade the speakers too.

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
I think I need to upgrade the battery. what would be the ideal power requirement.

Since you have two amps plus upgraded headlights, it may be required. see for a few days and if you feel the need to you may upgrade. I have only one amp (JBL A604) and the battery is doing the job perfectly.

Few issues:
1. the AC knob issue as told by Raja Taurus did happen. I checked this before the installer left from my home. The AC was blowing hot. He corrected before leaving. Thanks for the headsup RT.

ya, it was the same case when I got ICE in my cedia.

2. The lights on the speedo are not working on putting the headlamp. Installer said this is not a fuse issue. I have to check with workshop guys

the button next to adjustment for head lights is for adjusting instrument cluster lights, you may have put it on lower light and that may be the reason the lights in the instrument cluster may not be visible (they go very less and may not be visible in daylight).

3. the right hand side front and rear parking lights are not working.

get it checked, was it right when u got the car?

4. what is the button next to headlamp level adjustment. I dont have the manual and am not aware of this button function.

as I said above, its for adjusting instrument cluster light.

5. There is noise on turning the steering full either towards left or right while driving slow or parking

is it a slight increase in humming..as if the oil pressure is up, its actually there in all cedia and its at the last end of the steering turn up. Northing to worry if its that. its noticeable if the windows are open.

6. The sterring seems to pass the jerks on bad stretches. Little jerks. Do I have to get the steering dampener adjustment

check for tie rods and ends, should be perfect though at only 7k kms. Also, on bridgestones, it should not be noticeable until the jerks are massive. Please note that the car has been raised for extra ground clearance without any change in suspension geometry, so it will have slight repercussions. Also, check and maintain tyre pressure of 30 in city.

7. The rear suspension is too stiff. When driving alone I have to go slow on humps else both the rear wheels are hitting the road with a thud while coming down the hump. With load they are smooth. Has to do something with the stiff suspension of cedia.

Again check for tyre pressure, the rear atleast isnt very stiff. Although it certainly is compared to competition

8. Driven around 200kms after a tankup and the fuel indicator is showing quarter mark

didnt get you? is it one quarter? I manage about 450+ kms in city in just under a tank.

9. The gear shift is notchy for the first 4-5 kms then it becomes smooth.

It is witnessed in new cedia and goes with age. When I got my cedia at 22.4k it had no problem.

I will have to rectify these issues and may be go for an all oil change.

yup.. get the service done and ask for extended warranty.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd August 2010 at 15:15.
Old 5th August 2010, 10:13   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Very nice ICE, good decision to upgrade the speakers too.
Thanks gaurav.
The battery is working with one 504 amp plus high wattage headlamps etc. I will check once the monobloc is roped in.
The parking lights and light on Instrument cluster was working fine when i took delivery. they went off after putting in the ICE. went to raima motors and found that one of the wiring to HU was given wrong and hence the fuse was getting conked. Now it is fixed.
The technician at raima motors took a test drive and said the bearings on the front struts needs to be changed. Those were the reason for the noise on turning the steering to left/right. The jerks also is a result of these bearings.
750 bucks for one bearing. Total 1500 plus labour. I will get this done on saturday.
The tyre pressure is 30 on all. After the bearing replacement, I will get the alignment balancing outside the showroom.

1. Is it advisable to do a 2 year/40k service where all the fluids are changed along with the spark plugs/oil filter/fuel filter etc. what else needs to be changed. How much would be estimated cost? Should i Just get the 10k service done? Can I use Mobil-1 synthetic (5w40 grade) or use the mitsu recommended Motul. I think it consumes 3.8 litres. My friend is regional manager for mobil-1. I will get it at discounted price.
2. what Ampere hour rating battery I should consider, if want to upgrade the battery. I will go for amaron pro only.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:38   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Cedia makes for a heck of a "pre-worshipped" purchase. The car depreciates very fast : Bad for those who buy new, good for us used-car believers. Its fantastic to drive, and has a balanced chassis. Plus, you get Jap reliability and decent interior space. The only gripe I have is that the suspension is softened for India (just as in the Civic). But hey, there's tremendous after market support for either car!

I'm glad my thread was of help to you. Drive safe, will ya! Congratulations.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:57   #25
BHPian

I suggest adding a OE (sports type) spoiler to make the rear look better.
Old 6th August 2010, 16:02   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Cedia makes for a heck of a "pre-worshipped" purchase. The car depreciates very fast : Bad for those who buy new, good for us used-car believers. Its fantastic to drive, and has a balanced chassis. Plus, you get Jap reliability and decent interior space. The only gripe I have is that the suspension is softened for India (just as in the Civic). But hey, there's tremendous after market support for either car!

I'm glad my thread was of help to you. Drive safe, will ya! Congratulations.
thanks GTO, if not for your thread on civic i would have never thought of used car. I found the rear suspension of cedia to be stiffer than civic/corolla etal. SPACE-There is loads of it. I'm 6'2" and i can sit very comfortably at the rear of driver seat with the driver seat at the last position. I didnt find this kinda space in any car except for civic/corolla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I suggest adding a OE (sports type) spoiler to make the rear look better.
OE spoiler costs around 14k in authorized centers. The same is available (sports type) outside for 4-5k including paiting.
I will get the spoiler fixed next month. Thats the only exterior mod/add i have planned as of now.

Few snaps after putting the 3M cs35 film.
Attached Thumbnails
Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-03082010125.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-03082010127.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-03082010126.jpg  

Cedia Select: Pre-owned car-03082010128.jpg  

Old 18th August 2010, 17:53   #27
RDB

Hey, your ride looks fantastic. Actually, I am also looking for a good used car in approx a similar budget, but the search is still on. Phew, I wonder how GTO got his in 18-20 hrs of search time. I guess living in metros has its own pros. Happy mile muncing and take care of the beauty... beast.... cedia...lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks