Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2015, 21:58   #121
BHPian

Re: Fixed the alignment and installed Bluetooth kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
I went to the service center over the weekend and got the alignment issue fixed. I have yet to drive the car on a highway to confirm if it is really fixed, but it looks like at least at low city speeds, the problem is fixed.

While browsing through the accessory shop in the dealership, I found a nice MGA hands-free Bluetooth kit for the car for Rs. 3000. I did not know this was available. I have been looking for some sort of Bluetooth system for taking calls in the car, and I always regretted that SX4 does not come with Bluetooth connectivity while most other cars in the same price range offer this feature. Well, this MGA Bluetooth kit pretty much solved that problem on the spot and I am very happy with the result! In fact, I feel stupid for not knowing the existence of this kit for so long.

This kit consists of a small device (of the size of a small matchbox) which has a pretty powerful microphone and a big button for accepting/rejecting calls. This device is installed in the top right corner at the top of the driver-side A-pillar. Thus, this is easily accessible for the driver. They did internal wiring to connect this to the AUX-port of the music system, and also to the power source. Pairing my phone to this device was a straightforward one-minute job, and now anytime a call comes, this device beeps (in addition to the normal ringtone on the phone), and if I press the “accept” button, the call is routed through the music system. Whatever the music system was playing gets interrupted and I get to hear the call through the speakers. Once the call is finished and I press the same button again, the music system goes back to playing whatever it was playing. The nice thing is that even if the music system was in switched OFF state, the call switches it ON and puts it back to OFF state after the call is over. Very neat!

The sound clarity is very good, and in all my tests so far, the person at the other end heard my voice as well as the voice of the front-seat passenger very clearly. The only drawback is that there is no display for caller ID/name and the music system display only shows “TEL” but does not show the number. Thus, unless you look at your phone display, you have no idea who is calling. But apart from this, the system works just fine and I am very happy that I found the almost perfect solution for my need. I feel this is a great deal. I totally recommend this MGA Bluetooth kit to all Maruti car owners. It apparently works with the OEM integrated audio systems in all Maruti models, and I believe this is a must have accessory (especially given that it costs just Rs. 3000).

Thanks,
-AD
Hey AD,

Quoting an old post. Can this bluetooth kit be used for audio streaming as well?
Old 16th February 2015, 11:36   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey AD,

Quoting an old post. Can this bluetooth kit be used for audio streaming as well?
Yes, it can be used to stream audio from the phone. I use it regularly to stream music from my phone to the car audio system.

It is very ergonomic. It has just one big button that can be easily pressed while driving. This one button does the following:
  • If a call comes, then this button can be used to accept the call, and then the same button ends the call on next press.
  • If a call comes, and you double-click the button, it rejects the call.
  • When there is no incoming or ongoing call, if you double-click it, it will redial the last dialed number on phone.
  • When there is no incoming or ongoing call, if you press it once, it starts playing the last paused/stopped music track from the phone, and automatically streams it to the audio system.
  • When the music is being streamed, if you press the button, it will pause the music.
So overall, it is a very intuitive, simple, and ergonomic system.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 12:25   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it can be used to stream audio from the phone. I use it regularly to stream music from my phone to the car audio system.

It is very ergonomic. It has just one big button that can be easily pressed while driving...
Thanks for your reply AD. Can you please see the following link and tell me which is the model you are talking about? I do not see a single button kit here.

MGA Handsfree Kit
Old 16th February 2015, 13:17   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply AD. Can you please see the following link and tell me which is the model you are talking about? I do not see a single button kit here.

MGA Handsfree Kit
Actually what I have is none of these. These are all commonly available Bluetooth kits made by third party manufacturers, and not specific to Maruti in any way whatsoever. Further, all these kits have their own speakers and they are not necessarily designed to be used with the car audio system (although some of these do offer that option through FM transmission, which is not as convenient as direct Bluetooth).

What I have is a system made by Maruti-Nippon, specifically designed to work with the OEM Nippon head unit.

Edit: I found what I have in MGA website by searching under Swift accessories. For some reason, this is not listed under DZire accessories. Here is what I have:

http://www.marutimga.com/Mgaproduct_...fge8qAtZYEM%3d

Last edited by Dr.AD : 16th February 2015 at 13:33. Reason: Found my bluetooth kit under Swift accessories, and added that info
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 15:35   #125
BHPian

Quote:
What I have is a system made by Maruti-Nippon, specifically designed to work with the OEM Nippon head unit.

Edit: I found what I have in MGA website by searching under Swift accessories. For some reason, this is not listed under DZire accessories. Here is what I have:

http://www.marutimga.com/Mgaproduct_...fge8qAtZYEM%3d
Thanks for the link AD. Hopefully, this device should be compatible with the current HU being fitted in DZire ZDi variant.
Old 16th February 2015, 16:20   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Hey AD,

I have using this for past two yrs. in my Sx4. It also streams the audio perfectly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks