Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 09:41   #16
BHPian

Congrats on the new car wanderlust! I agree with Utopian reg. the tyres. A car with such an edgy design looks weird on steel wheels and thin tyres. Then again, it's the same case with Swift, Ritz and Dzire. The Lxi versions of all those cars look incomplete. Your A-star would look fab with 15 inchers and wide rubber.

I like the A-Star's build. It feels much more solid than the Swift/Dzire. My uncle bought the VXi version a couple of weeks back, in white.

It's a much better buy than the Alto, which is too old now. Even the K10 has the same bodyshell, and the differences are purely cosmetic. From the reviews, the drivetrain is too much for the chassis to handle. You made the right choice going for the A-star. Might I ask what the on-road price was, and what kind of package you got in terms of discounts, freebies etc?
Old 6th August 2010, 10:11   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Congrats wanderlust on A-Star.

What do you say about Alto K10? Which do you think is more VFM - A-Star or Alto K10?
If one needs an equipment rich version, A*. If all one needs fours needs with a god (no spelling mistake here!)
engine Alto K10 is way to go.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Agree with the others that your AStar would look fabulous with an upsize. I recently upgraded my AStar's tyres to 185/70 R13 on 13" 5.5j alloys, now the car looks so much better with wide tyres.
Old 6th August 2010, 14:14   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride wanderlust. Contrary to the purpose of your purchase, I feel the real potential of Astar is on traffic free winding roads. Pure driving dynamics I would like to call it. I'd probably lust for more power from the engine but then being a proud owner of one, it always puts a smile on my face after every long drive. You should do a drive to Mysore once to experience what I said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks