Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 13:08   #31
BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase 2cents and a well written factual on the case review too. Thumbs up for having sticked to what your heart told you, as you should be driving what you like/desire. Even I was bit apprehensive about the decision to go for Skoda, but the real feel and quality of fabia sealed it for me.

I'm having Aug.08 T.Orange 1.2 Ambiente, the details of which has been in Netchef's thread (as you mentioned, the social thread to end with, but real reviews and analysis on the way).The C. Beige which is coming out now is much more lighter and metallic than the earlier C. Beige. The present C. Beige is such a yummy color that I sometimes which I could repaint my car.

As for mudflaps, keep biting the dealers ears till they fir you the same. I kept pestering them from the beginning itself and got the mudflap within 2 weeks. However, i didn't get the floor mats and eventhough I didn't like the standard mats, i Kept pestering them (seems i've got some sadistic tendency while dealing with skoda delaer). All in all, i kept asking about the floor mats for about 2 months and always, the reply from dealer was that "sir, its being shipped from czech"..i left it after 2 months and hope that the ship has called upon the port by now.

The A*S*S seems to be improving and the dealer has opened a big new showroom in our city along with a nice 3s service centre last month. I gave my car for the 2nd service yesterday at the new facility and surprise of surprise, the attitude of the service desk seems to've undergone a sea change..there were courteous words and polite greetings from everyone to begin with. Since my car had few recurring minor irritants, I had drafted a letter to the service manager. The same was pinned along with the service order and a copy returned to me. As far as my experience goes, in yesteryears, the service centre wouldn't even bother to fill up the service order properly unless we shout at them.

Rightly said about the steering feedback and control it gives you. I've been an 'addict' to the precision and control and it remind me of the joystick in computer games The mileage is steady at 10.85-11km/l now for my car (100% AC, 100% city drive with 70% time in 3rd gear @ max)

Have a nice time with your car and many happy miles ahead.
Old 10th August 2010, 19:13   #32
BHPian

This thread has made me a fabia lover.. Amazing car and my next purchase will be defintely one from the skoda family!!
Old 10th August 2010, 22:25   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I was not offered any extended warranty on Fabia, but they recommended me to take some costlier insurance (5K more than the regular insurance cost) which is supposed to provide claims without depreciation.

I was also offered the same (~20k, Reliance), but the terms were not properly explained. I asked him if its a 'comprehensive', and the reply was yes. When I showed the quotes from bajaj and iffko-tokyo, they reduced their quote to match these two. Only later I learnt the details from some1 else. I wouldn't have gone for that anyway, so no issues there.

Don't do any DIY unless you found clear instructions on the web because you will most certainly break the panel-holding plastic clips, etc. (How do I know?)

Point taken. The accessory guys are doing the installation free, I just thought of doing it myself as an op. to bond with my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Have you got mud flaps on your car? If not, please get those for the sake of other people on the road. On a rainy day, Fabia's rear tires could throw up their own 10 ft fountain.
Still pestering them. I am in regular touch asking about the extended warranty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
I'm having Aug.08 T.Orange 1.2 Ambiente, the details of which has been in Netchef's thread (as you mentioned, the social thread to end with, but real reviews and analysis on the way).The C. Beige which is coming out now is much more lighter and metallic than the earlier C. Beige. The present C. Beige is such a yummy color that I sometimes which I could repaint my car.

I have seen the snap of your car on its first b'day. Wish I can maintain mine like yours.

As for mudflaps, keep biting the dealers ears till they fir you the same.

Definitely!

The A*S*S seems to be improving ...

That's very reassuring to hear.

Rightly said about the steering feedback and control it gives you. I've been an 'addict' to the precision and control and it remind me of the joystick in computer games The mileage is steady at 10.85-11km/l now for my car (100% AC, 100% city drive with 70% time in 3rd gear @ max)

My driving is definitely improving fast. I am frequently on fourth, something I rarely did in the first couple of weeks. Should do well in a month!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
This thread has made me a fabia lover.. Amazing car and my next purchase will be defintely one from the skoda family!!
I am flattered.
But a brand new 25 lakh full sedan stalling in the middle of the road is simply unacceptable. Skoda has done that once too many. It's easy to find Skoda owners around who love their vehicle, but none who will actually recommend you to buy one! I am going to be no different

Last edited by 2cents : 10th August 2010 at 22:26.
Old 28th August 2010, 18:13   #34
BANNED

2cents ,congrats on the purchase !!

Whats the mileage on your car? hows the engine noise ,i know for damn sure that it wont be heard inside the cabin due to excellent NVH protection
Old 28th August 2010, 22:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
2cents ,congrats on the purchase !!

Whats the mileage on your car? hows the engine noise ,i know for damn sure that it wont be heard inside the cabin due to excellent NVH protection
10km/l, when I filled up again last week (i set my trip meter to zero, when I fill up, and go for a full tank). My driving has also improved over the month, but still plenty to improve. Only trouble, I seem to loose tyre pressure fast.

On NVH, yep! Some occasions, at the signal, I had doubted the engine was off, but you sure can hear the noise when on the move.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:03   #36
MK3
BHPian

Re: Skoda "The Tank" Fabia, Ambiente Petrol

Shivir, pajero4me, 2cents, guha_2001, all of you are my inspiration to check out fabia. My travel includes 1000 km/month, hence going for a petrol vehicle seems to be a right choice. The cars i have finalized are Maruti Suzuki Ritz Zxi and new Skoda Fabia 1.2 MPFI Ambiente, according to my budget. I could not find reviews for 1.2 Petrol Ambiente. If you could throw some light on it, it would be help me in making the decision whether to go for it or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks