Team-BHP - My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/87529-my-cute-lil-toy-yellow-nano-edit-now-sold-4.html)

Hey Freakmuzik,

That is an awesome car you have got there. I myself was thinking of getting a Nano when it was launched, but the waiting period deterred me.

It looks absolutely fabulous in Sunshine Yellow, and I am almost sure if I buy a Nano, it would be in yellow color only!

Congrats again and wishing you thousands (and lakhs) of happy miles!

Quote:

Originally Posted by puneet8796 (Post 2052889)
Hey Freakmuzik,

That is an awesome car you have got there. I myself was thinking of getting a Nano when it was launched, but the waiting period deterred me.

It looks absolutely fabulous in Sunshine Yellow, and I am almost sure if I buy a Nano, it would be in yellow color only!

Congrats again and wishing you thousands (and lakhs) of happy miles!

Thanks a lot!:)
Actually, if your interested, you can book a nano now as the bookings are open. And i guess, the waiting period would not be much as the new plant has started functioning!
Have to thank dad, who decided to change the colour from silver to yellow! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmuzik (Post 2037866)
Immediately, we called the nano call center in order to withhold the booking and also sent a mail to them too. They informed us that luckily our booking had not been cancelled yet!

Wow that's cool - You book and they don't deliver (for long) and you cancel they don't terminate your bookingclap:

Congrats buddy - Have a wonderful and safe drive.

They really messed up the floor matting job. I would suggest you throw a proper tantrum and ensure senior staff is present and acknowledge the problem. Get some freebies also from their accessory section, this is what I did when I faced a similar problem. I got a car cover and full wash free after I made some noise.

Cheers,
Sriku

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranjimso (Post 2053526)
Wow that's cool - You book and they don't deliver (for long) and you cancel they don't terminate your booking

Congrats buddy - Have a wonderful and safe drive.

LOL! But in my case it turned out to be extremely lucky! We just did not want to take the car somehow! Thank god and thank tata's slow processing! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriku (Post 2053977)
They really messed up the floor matting job. I would suggest you throw a proper tantrum and ensure senior staff is present and acknowledge the problem. Get some freebies also from their accessory section, this is what I did when I faced a similar problem. I got a car cover and full wash free after I made some noise.

Cheers,
Sriku

Yeah. Have talked to them and they asked me to take the car there for them to have a look. Surely if they deny refitting, i am surely going to destroy their ears! lol:

By the way, first FE check!

Filled the tank when the "Empty" indicator just started blinking. Filled for Rs200

Petrol (in Litres) - 200/54.06 = 3.699xx~ 3.7 L
Trip Meter - set 0 km

Current trip meter reading - 70.2 km
The empty indicator has started blinking again.

FE = 70.2/3.7 = 18.9729 km/l ~ 19 km/l clap:

That is just wonderful. This includes mostly moderate traffic city driving. Kudos to tata! Just wondering what the car would deliver after the run - in.

Note: The fuel level was checked in the same surface, before fuelling and after 70.2 km, that too approx. same time of the day. But still can have marginal errors in calculation.

cheers!

@freak: Thats wonderful news.

The Nano is believed to return a FE > 30 kpl if driven at a constant sedate speed.

Do keep the forum informed about the glitches and the WOWs..

Hello guys.
Firstly i apologize for not updating the thread for some days! Was really busy with exams and stuff.

The recent updates are that the accessories list has almost been finalized. Will update them a bit later as it is all in my mom's mobile.

SECOND FE CHECK:

This time too filled it just when the "E" started blinking. Filled for Rs. 400. And now have refilled when the "E" has started blinking again.

The drive was 45 % city (out of which 20-25% congested and rest moderate traffic) and 55% Highway.
Maintained the speeds as per TATA Motor's run-in instructions.
Never exceeded 60 km/hr.
Fully driven with Air-con on.

Calculation
:

Fuel Filled : Unleaded Petrol
Rupees per liter : Rs 54.06
Liters filled : 400/54.06 = 7.4 L
Trip Meter reading after fuel filling : 0 km
Trip Meter reading just after the blinking of "E" : 143.2
Fuel Efficiency : 143.2/7.4 = 19.35 km/l clap:

(Please note that these figures might not be 100% correct as there are chances of errors. )
Really happy to see my car returning such figures. And my car has run only 350 kms till date.
Kudos to tata.

cheers!

Hello everyone,

First of all, apologies to all for not updating the thread for such long time. I have been busy with my studies (i still am-having my Pre-boards! :-P). I will post a full fledged update next week but today i received a letter from TATA Motors regarding their improved scored in JD Power CSI. Sorry for attaching just this letter. Will surely post the update next week. Keep watching! :-D

My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-001.jpg
Thank You.

stay away from kulathunkal. have heard mohandas is good. Personally I go to a local garage in kazhakuttom which does a vastly better job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakmuzik (Post 2173408)
Hello everyone,

Will surely post the update next week. Keep watching! :-D

No updates since Dec 2010. You sold your cute toy?

Yesterday i had test driven nano. I liked it for the space, ground clearance, ride quality for the price we pay. However, noise level is high, it will get lower when i closed all window and in a/c on condition. when i tried to reverse it, steering wheel getting harder like hell, and reverse gear is very harder side too.. cabin space is amazing, i never had such a good space in my old swift or i10! Sales guy says 'this is BS2 nano top-end, in latest BS4 nano gear shift and steering is smoother. I can't trust on his words as for just a test drive i have waited 45 min to 1 hour long. That may be just a sample of sale and after sales service. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 2246878)
stay away from kulathunkal. have heard mohandas is good. Personally I go to a local garage in kazhakuttom which does a vastly better job.

Exactly. I learnt my lesson well after the 2nd service! Did not get a single job done properly. Fired them and the second time they did it in an average manner! Surely next time, its with Mohandas! And which is the garage that you go to? By doing so, would there be a problem with the warranty or so? I'm worried just because I own a Nano. I cant fix an audio system or anything as I need to be well aware of the fact that in case of any trouble, say a fire or whatever, TATA would blame me then for not going according to their rules, even for an audio system or anything! Thats the reason I am not so confident in giving my Nano elsewhere for any work. Whats your opinion?Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadman (Post 2247533)
No updates since Dec 2010. You sold your cute toy?

Yesterday i had test driven nano. I liked it for the space, ground clearance, ride quality for the price we pay. However, noise level is high, it will get lower when i closed all window and in a/c on condition. when i tried to reverse it, steering wheel getting harder like hell, and reverse gear is very harder side too.. cabin space is amazing, i never had such a good space in my old swift or i10! Sales guy says 'this is BS2 nano top-end, in latest BS4 nano gear shift and steering is smoother. I can't trust on his words as for just a test drive i have waited 45 min to 1 hour long. That may be just a sample of sale and after sales service. :D

Hello! Sorry for not updating the thread. I had prepared the review but unfortunately my computer went "bindaazzz" and I lost everything that I had written. And now my Board exams are fast approaching. So I am sorry, I will be posting the review only once my exams get over as I have to write it all over again. And I did not sell my car and I dont think I'l do that in the near future for sure!! Based on your comments, I think there must have been some problem with the steering then. I have never felt such a problem while reversing, although the car jerks a lot at times in reverse, thanks to the weirdo clutch in the nano. And i do not think there is any difference in the steering between the BS2 and BS4. Might be an ill-maintained piece. But the gearshift wasn't great in the beginning. It took its own time to get smooth and after around 1000 or 1200 kms it was better and now at 3K kms I can say its smooth!! Do check the odo of that car. At times, feels much better than my Wagon-R's gearshift, which is cable operated. I can rarely miss a shift in my nano right now! Yippee! But, as you mentioned, the TATA A.S.S and sales is "SIMPLY RIDICULOUS"! :Frustrati

I usually go to this place
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...rivandrum.html
however, given that your car is still in warranty, go there at your own risk, or at least go to a TASC for your minimum services

I am considering buying one for city runs; but the vote is for the red one. Unfortunately I think this isnt available on the LX version.

I also have a few questions I hope you can help me with:
- Are OEM alloys available?
- Can child safety locks/ car seat be installed?
- In the CX the passenger side door lock is not there; so how is the door locked on that side? or does it remain open?!
- Any highway experiences?

Please see my answers in BOLD
Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2280455)
I am considering buying one for city runs; but the vote is for the red one. Unfortunately I think this isnt available on the LX version.
Yes, red is not available in the LX trim. But, if you want the additional features, I think LX would make more sense considering the price difference of 25 k.

I also have a few questions I hope you can help me with:
- Are OEM alloys available?

Yes, they are available. And the OEM alloy's are pretty cheap too, at less than Rs.10,000 for a set of four. You can have a look at pranav-mankad's thread here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...silver-lx.html

And my dealer offered some chinese ones too. But I guess OEM one's would be fine as they look good too, though you might have to wait a little bit.

- Can child safety locks/ car seat be installed?
I'm not exactly sure about it. I think installation of child locks as an add on is not possible, though I'm not exactly sure. In case of child seats, I guess yes as most of them require just a seat belt. But please do check with the seat maker if a two-point seat belt would be enough as Nano comes only with it.

- In the CX the passenger side door lock is not there; so how is the door locked on that side? or does it remain open?!
I did not get your point exactly. Are you talking about external lock or internal? If its external, I guess it does not come with the CX but I do not think its much of a necessity. If its internal, it does surely come with it and the passenger door can be locked independently.

- Any highway experiences?
The way to my dad's office is via NH47 from trivandrum to attingal (a very busy stretch). He never drives very fast but he does travel at 70km/h constantly or a little bit more. At such speeds, there is no issue with the cars' stability. Overtaking, as expected, needs a bit of planning, just as in the case of an M800 or Alto. Otherwise its perfectly fine, provided you are not in a boy-racer mood! lol:
Other than this, we haven't had any LONG highway trips in the Nano.

Hope your doubts are clarified. If not, please feel free to ask.

Cheers!

MODS : Please change the title to My cute little toy - Sunshine Yellow Nano - 5000 km update!

I know it has been a long time since I updated this thread, and I’m sorry for that as I was having my Board exams and entrance exams. As I am done with all my exams, I thought of updating the thread.

My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-16052011624.jpg

The car has been pretty good till date with no major hiccups. It had met with two accidents, one in October 2010 and the other in April 2011, both being the other vehicles negligence/ error :Frustrati.

The car has clocked 5558 km in total.
The last 3000 kms has been covered by my sister, who is a newbie and she loves the car and also she has started to love and enjoy driving!

The 5558 happy kilometers!
My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-16052011627.jpg

PROBLEMS OCCURRED:

I’ll start with the problems that have surfaced in the car during the past 9 months.

Full floor mat – I had mentioned earlier in the beginning of this thread about the shoddy manner in which it was done. My dad and I went there and told them the whole stuff and they did the whole flooring again and now it looks neat!

Clutch – The clutch in the Nano is extremely weird. The clutch gets engaged at different stages when depressed each time. The car has been given to the A.S.S many times regarding this issue and every time they adjust the clutch cable and then it seems fine for a day or two. After that, it gets back to its old state. This at times gets seriously irritating. And now the clutch is rough and rubbery, i.e, while depressing the clutch, there is at times a sudden jerk in the movement of the clutch pedal. This really hurts during city drives. And the clutch has to be released almost completely to make the car move. So city driving has become quite a hardship with this weirdo clutch. The clutch cable has been replaced twice and Tata A. S. S temporary solutions are of utterly no use!

Sun visor rattle – Right from the day of purchase of the car, the clamp of the driver side sun visor was defective. As it never stayed in place, there used to be quite an amount of rattling and it was annoying! We had asked them to order the item and replace it. But even after the second service, there was no news of the item. So my dad had to raise his voice a little bit and then arrived the part! They fixed it free of cost and the problem got solved.

A/C control knob switch -

My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-16052011631-copy.jpg

The last two positions never get engaged properly and give a feeling that it would come off any moment. They said it cannot be solved as it is a problem with all the Nano’s.

Poor air flow in the A/C – The A.S.S cleaned the air filter and since then, it’s been perfectly fine.

• Some weird noise from the Air-con blower – Have not reported yet.

Rattle from somewhere around the left front door – It seemed to occur from inside the lock assembly as when I held the lock lever, the sound goes off. It was reported to the A. S. S. It was rectified once but has re-surfaced. Now waiting for the 3rd service to report it again.

Noisy and ineffective wiper – This issue surfaced last month. I immediately contacted A. S. S as it was raining heavily in Trivandrum during those days. They changed the wiper blade and the problem got solved!

Most of the above mentioned are minor glitches, but I thought it is better to mention everything here.

I might give the car to Mohandas Motors next time, but the thing is I have heard some people saying that even they are not so good. Anyone with firsthand experience please guide me!please:

To be continued!