Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 16:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Congratulations agnagpur!It was when i saw the first pic of the car and its number plate i realised what your thread title meant.Very unique alloys,thankfully you did not go for the coral red dash.
Thanks Avishar. Glad you liked my "GF" theme.

Love All Black interiors. Coral red dash is too jazzy IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Congrats AJ, your car & alloys looks awesome.

Do you have any problem with 185/65? I would prefer this size as it helps improving the GC slightly.
Thanks Kiren. No major problem with 185/65. The car goes little left when I leave the steering wheel. I have got the balancing checked & even rotated the tires but its the same. I think will have to live with it.

I am not bothering much as the issue is very minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Hey nice car, I started believing that Figo looks "cool" in most of the colors that it is released in. The other day I saw a white one and was drooling and now black!!! Awesome!!

And by the way, nice alloys mate! Where did you get those from? Even I am from Pune and looking to upgrade to alloys

Congratulations and wish you many happy miles in the coolest "Figo"!!
Thanks Anil. As replied below about the store. Do visit.

Guys in Pune lets catchup some Weekend. We & our Figos

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Congrats aj. Great ride. Looks stunning in black. From Josh to Cool, hats off to you for being a loyal Ford fan.
Thank you //M. I have become a Ford fan from the day I bought my Ikon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
WOW!! Those alloys are totally drool-maal! They suit your car to a T and really take its looks to another level altogether. Where in Pune did you get those from?

Wish you many congratulations & a million miles of safe and happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
Thank You Initially I was not sure if they will suite the car but they have totally changed the way how Figo looks.

I got them from "Modern Cars". at the end of East street just take a left turn & its there. They have a huge collection of Alloys and other accessories. I was searching for such place where I can see all the options displayed, instead of choosing from a catalog.

A store you must visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
No more, no less, its a perfect hatch for the price you pay in todays market.
Take care of her well during the run-in. I know its difficult to hold, but you have to.

Alloys are really good. Are they made in Gremany?
Any plans of instaling Sunfilim for the Front WINDSHEILD?
Thanks. Yes, trying my best to run-in properly.

Alloys - Borbet is a German brand. They have very good designs. More more info have a look at these:
Borbet Light Alloy Wheels. United Kingdom. Borbet.co.uk, Quality Alloy Wheels Made in Germany. Borbet UK Alloy Wheels.
Borbet Light Alloy Wheels. United Kingdom. Borbet.co.uk, Quality Alloy Wheels Made in Germany. Borbet UK Alloy Wheels.

I dont think @ 14.5 k for 4, its made in Germany. Let me enquire with the store.

No budget for front windsheild filming as of now. May be some time down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Figo. The black figo is a looker, now with that sweet alloys it will definitely get a second look.

Enjoy many more miles on the Figo
Thanks Nkrishna.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:53   #17
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ajnagpur. Car looks wonderful esp with great alloys. I think this alloy is the best combination for black figo. Happy Motoring. As said take care at blind right turns.
Happy Motoring....
As Gemi asked - is it white or chrome

Checked your pictures again it is chrome..

Last edited by RGK : 24th August 2010 at 18:56.
Old 24th August 2010, 19:48   #18
BHPian

Your alloys are really AWESOME, I am also planning to get alloys for my Swift, since it also has same tyre profile this one should fit in it.
I was searching for this design on the web-links which you have posted above but could not find it. Could you please post the exact details of the model/type name for it.
Thanks in advance.
Old 24th August 2010, 21:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats an excellent story on purchase and initial ownership. Thanks.

Indeed very different looking alloys. Looks good on Black. What colour is it. Looks very whitish in the pics. Is it silver or chrome?

You (and your car) are lucky you went for those size. Probably your Figo would be saved from most of those under scrapes that other's out there are having.

About the rear window. There is a post in my thread where it has been sorted out by changing the position of the winding lever.

You indeed have got the Best for the Buck. No need for any kind of post purchase dishonance.
Thank you gemithomas, I was afraid of making it too long.

Alloys are Steel finish & the spokes are silver. so its a combo. I will soon post closer pics of Alloys to give you all a better idea.

Yes man, I am praying all the time whenever a speed breaker appears. Hope the tire size helps.

Thanks for the heads up. I will get the rear windows fixed asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club! Those alloys look hot.
Thank you rajushank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Man the car looks super hot with those beautiful alloys.
5 cars in 7 years, kool man. Hope this one stays with you for sometime lol.
Was there any discounts offered in Figo or any free accessories with the car.
Congrats once again, take care and drive safe .

Cheers
Thanks Schoudhury. Yes I am hoping this one stays for a long time Initial impressions are gr8.

No Freebies :( as the Figo is new launch & selling like hot cakes.
Old 24th August 2010, 22:57   #20
BHPian

Alloys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Your alloys are really AWESOME, I am also planning to get alloys for my Swift, since it also has same tyre profile this one should fit in it.
I was searching for this design on the web-links which you have posted above but could not find it. Could you please post the exact details of the model/type name for it.
Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Ajnagpur. Car looks wonderful esp with great alloys. I think this alloy is the best combination for black figo. Happy Motoring. As said take care at blind right turns.
Happy Motoring....
As Gemi asked - is it white or chrome

Checked your pictures again it is chrome..
Thank you SinghBHP & RGK.

I am very happy that you all liked these Alloys. Turned out to be a right decision.

As I wrote earlier its a combo of silver and steel finish. Whole rim is steel finish & all the spokes are silver finish.

SinghBHP, here are some closer pics & details of the model.
Attached Thumbnails
My Black Figo TDCI ZXI-alloy1.jpg  

My Black Figo TDCI ZXI-alloy2.jpg  

My Black Figo TDCI ZXI-alloy3.jpg  

My Black Figo TDCI ZXI-alloy4.jpg  

Old 24th August 2010, 23:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the figo Aj. How good are the fog lamps? Also, i see indicators for both front and rear foglamps in the instrument console. Are rear foglights included in the package too? I'm planning to fit them in my car too, so wanted a users opinion on this.
Old 24th August 2010, 23:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congrats on the figo Aj. How good are the fog lamps? Also, i see indicators for both front and rear foglamps in the instrument console. Are rear foglights included in the package too? I'm planning to fit them in my car too, so wanted a users opinion on this.
Thanks JayD. good observation there.

I think the rear foglights are included in the package as I only fitted front fog lamps.

I strongly recommend front fog lamps. As per my experience, broken dividers which move towards the road easily appear with the fog lamps at night. This is a usual sight on Nagar road here in Pune. The dividers have lost their paint and broken into pieces by some brainless wonders.

Apart from this I felt that Figo's headlamps are not so powerful.
Old 25th August 2010, 00:20   #23
BHPian

Sweet ride, though the rubber is too high profile. It looks like an SUV tire. Nevertheless, Fords are nice racy cars that you'll enjoy driving everyday.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:33   #24
BHPian

@ ajnagpur

The Alloys and tires definitely gives an Macho looks, the Chrome and Silver colour adds charm to those alloys and it looks simply rocking on Black Figo

I had upgraded to XM1+, 18 months back on my Santro with stock Rims and recently i was thinking of going for alloys and these set of BORBET are really head turner. If i do find these type of alloys in 13 inch will be definitely inclined towards plonking these on my Black Santro

Did you buy these alloys from Dealer or some other Shop ?

Last edited by driving_smartly : 25th August 2010 at 13:34.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:09   #25
BHPian

Wow nice Alloys AJ

Wish you a longer stint with Figo, and I hope so. This is your six or seventh car right?
Old 26th August 2010, 00:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
@ ajnagpur

Did you buy these alloys from Dealer or some other Shop ?
Thanks @driving_smartly

I bought it from a shop. Please refer my earlier post for details.

I've heard you get a lot of choice in mumbai when it comes to alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Wow nice Alloys AJ
Sab aap ki krupa hai prabhu

Thank you throttleking.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th December 2010 at 19:27. Reason: Back to back posts. Next time wait for 20 mins or use EDIT button
Old 11th December 2010, 22:11   #27
BHPian

Re: My new GF, Black Figo TDCI ZXI

Congrats ajnagpur the black color looks awsome.Alloys are neat but I prefer 1 with less spokes.
Drive safe
SHK
Old 12th December 2010, 16:47   #28
BHPian

Re: My new GF, Black Figo TDCI ZXI

Been sitting in my neighbour's Figo and trying to convince myself to buy it however I need to know how music through my iphone via a USB can be played in the music system that comes factory fitted in the titanium?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks