Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 22:42   #16
BHPian

Congrats on the SX4. The color suits it really well, however the brown looks super cool, IMO. Happy mile crunching.
If Maruti guys would have launched CNG kit in the ZXi, it would have been one helluva of a buy.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mseth! The honeycomb grille looks really nice. Please do post some interior pictures.
I would suggest get the sun-film done in Jan-Feb, that way you can bargain hard. March onwards sales start to pick up and you won't have much to bargain on!. Just my opinion.

Happy mile crunching.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:37   #18
BHPian

congrats for your new sx4 mseth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
congrats on sx4, do keep us updated on FE figures mainly :-) stability is great, GC is great, torque is so-so but still manageable. Enjoy long drives!
I got my SX4 on 25th Aug and filled it up soon after leaving pratham motors bangalore. I'd set the meter to 0 after filling up. Today i re-filled and the F.E comes to around 11.6 kms/lt which makes me pretty happy. i drove 508 kms with ACC on all the time, before filling it up again with 43.7 lts. I hope it'll increase and touch 12 after the first service.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:57   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new car. I too had a hard time deciding between the SX4 and the Linea and the Fiesta as well. But the SX4 won out due to various factors which you have mentioned.

You are right. MID is sorely missed. Shame on Maruti for omitting this when almost all cars in this segment have good MIDs.

The reverse gear is tough to engage at times but becomes a lot better over time.

Speak to your MASS about the hard clutch. I found the clutch to be better than the one in my dad's Ritz. You should get between 10-12 KMPL depending on the fuel quality and the way you drive. It does improve after the first service but then one starts revving the engine more after the running in period so the improvement gets negated.

Once again congrats on the new car and do keep updating us on your experiences.
Old 8th September 2010, 21:51   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
congrats for your new sx4 mseth.

I got my SX4 on 25th Aug and filled it up soon after leaving pratham motors bangalore. I'd set the meter to 0 after filling up. Today i re-filled and the F.E comes to around 11.6 kms/lt which makes me pretty happy. i drove 508 kms with ACC on all the time, before filling it up again with 43.7 lts. I hope it'll increase and touch 12 after the first service.
Thanks a lot sixthsense and congrats on your SX4 too.
Initial FE of 11.6 kms/lt is very good I would say.
My FE figures are very initial numbers and not with a full tank emptied. I filled up the tank till auto-cut, drove around 150 kms and then filled it up again till auto-cut at the same filling station and it took 15 litres so a FE of 10.

Enjoy your beast and drive safely.
Old 9th September 2010, 09:59   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your new car!! Car looks great in Grey. For tints, IMO you should go for the RE series in 3M. When viewed from outside, it has a metallic silver look that goes well with dark colours like grey and black.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:16   #22
BHPian

welcome to sx4 family, its a very good buy infact if you compare other cars in the segment. Good value for the money and has its own pro's and con's but it hardly effects the ownership. in the end people are very much happy having it. And me too.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:28   #23
BHPian

Welcome to the SX4 family.I am sure you would not be disappointed with your decision

One suggestion is to change the JK Vectras for Michelins.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:14   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni_s View Post
Congrats on your new car!! Car looks great in Grey. For tints, IMO you should go for the RE series in 3M. When viewed from outside, it has a metallic silver look that goes well with dark colours like grey and black.
Thanks. I am not looking for tints right now but I will surely keep your suggestion in mind when I get it done after winters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
welcome to sx4 family, its a very good buy infact if you compare other cars in the segment. Good value for the money and has its own pro's and con's but it hardly effects the ownership. in the end people are very much happy having it. And me too.
Thanks a lot. I am loving it till now. Can you please share some FE numbers for your SX4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Welcome to the SX4 family.I am sure you would not be disappointed with your decision

One suggestion is to change the JK Vectras for Michelins.
Thanks. I agree even I am not very fond of JK tyres but have not experienced the noise from the Vectras till now probably because I have not gone for a long drive yet. I think I may live with it for some time before I decide to switch just because of the cost factor. When I went to the dealer warehouse to check the car, I saw one SX4 (different color) with Bridgestone tyres - I requested the dealer to get me Bridgestone as well but looks like they cant switch them
Old 9th September 2010, 15:50   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseth View Post
When I went to the dealer warehouse to check the car, I saw one SX4 (different color) with Bridgestone tyres - I requested the dealer to get me Bridgestone as well but looks like they cant switch them
That must have been a VXi model. VXi comes with Bridgestone tyres, because they are 15" tyres and are cheaper. For 16", the cost of any decent brand of tyres increases exponentially, and hence looks like Maruti has gone for the cheaper JK option. Of course, the dealer can't switch them because of the differences in sizes. To the best of my knowledge, no ZXi has ever come with Bridgestones, it alwyas has JKs.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:02   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
That must have been a VXi model. VXi comes with Bridgestone tyres, because they are 15" tyres and are cheaper. For 16", the cost of any decent brand of tyres increases exponentially, and hence looks like Maruti has gone for the cheaper JK option. Of course, the dealer can't switch them because of the differences in sizes. To the best of my knowledge, no ZXi has ever come with Bridgestones, it alwyas has JKs.
If I remember correctly, the SX4 I saw with Bridgestones had alloy wheels so I would think it was a ZXi but I could be wrong here.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:18   #27
BHPian

@ Dr. AD: Yes, true. I called up Chowgule, local pune Suzuki dealer and they confirmed that SX4 ZXi comes only with JK tyres as Footwear.

@ mseth: Maybe someone would have got the tyres upgraded to Bridgestones before delivery.
Old 10th September 2010, 08:59   #28
BHPian

As per the fuel economy on my car is close to 9Kmpl, Full city, 50% AC. Newer got beyond this. So stopped checking it and worrying too. as it was consistent and city driving. On highway max. 11kmpl, cruzing at arount 110Kmph. My car is almost 16months old.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks