Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2006, 10:30   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
BSM did one performance comparison in their feb issue.
In short (as per them),
NHC VTEC was way faster. Fiesta Sxi was way more fun-to-drive.
That is possible as Fiesta has lost that cheeky character of the IKON.

Talking of BSM, BSM's roadtest shows lancer to be way more quicker than the baleno when it was higher up at 94bhp. How many of you would believe it?

"The Baleno sprints to 60 kph from standstill in 5.7 seconds, and goes all the way up to 100 kph in a little over 12 seconds"

"The Honda edges ahead by one full second in the 100 kph sprint too but 11 seconds to nudge the ton is enough to make even Shahid Afridi look pedestrian. What the Lancer loses out on outright acceleration, it gains in sheer driveability."

Last edited by devarshi84 : 9th March 2006 at 10:37.
Old 9th March 2006, 11:35   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
That is possible as Fiesta has lost that cheeky character of the IKON.
Even the ikon did not have better figures than the Fiesta.
But boy, was it oodles more fun-to-drive - ditto for the OHC VTEC.
Old 9th March 2006, 12:01   #198
Senior - BHPian

There is no doubt that the NHC Vtec is fast but A Lancer being faster then a Baleno seems very hard to digest. We all know BSMs reputation, to go overboard. They called CVT, DICOR a disaster and made a Sonata go faster then a RS. Wheras in reality the Sonata is slower then even the Accord.
Old 9th March 2006, 23:57   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
There is no doubt that the NHC Vtec is fast but A Lancer being faster then a Baleno seems very hard to digest. We all know BSMs reputation, to go overboard. They called CVT, DICOR a disaster and made a Sonata go faster then a RS. Wheras in reality the Sonata is slower then even the Accord.

my point exactly.while we should use magz to base our decision we should not rely on them.
Old 10th March 2006, 10:59   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84

I am not sure about its performance comparo with fiesta.
Goldie & me are planning to test that out sometime...... , right Goldie! One of these days, when I complete 1500 kms and have the pleasure of meeting up!
Old 10th March 2006, 22:53   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Goldie & me are planning to test that out sometime...... , right Goldie! One of these days, when I complete 1500 kms and have the pleasure of meeting up!

atleast I will be waiting for the results.

for the handling of the NHC , I guess better suspension upgrade may help a lot. the new NHC vtec with better handling will be a really competitive car.
Old 12th March 2006, 12:12   #202
BHPian

although i find the fiesta to be a very good car , with responsive engine ,
i dont think it will be beating the VTEC in any drags. Afterall , its the DURATEC they are using,and not the Zetec VCT(variable cam timing) they use on the ford focus and some other other cars internationally .
Ti-VCT vs VTEC would have been very interesting . BUt i suppose we'll have to wait a few years for that.
Old 29th June 2006, 03:26   #203
BHPian

goldie, waiting for your long term analysis, how much km have you logged, fiesta will not beat v-tec in any of the drag, but its more involving and rev happy, i would use the term intoxicating, ikon is the best driver car, if their was any seems like i would not be parting with my ikon soon, even after getting the delivery of vtec which i guess will take 3-4 days more,
Old 29th June 2006, 09:37   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
goldie, waiting for your long term analysis, how much km have you logged, fiesta will not beat v-tec in any of the drag, but its more involving and rev happy, i would use the term intoxicating, ikon is the best driver car, if their was any seems like i would not be parting with my ikon soon, even after getting the delivery of vtec which i guess will take 3-4 days more,
FC, i have driven the fiesta and am still in love with the ikon, and i do find it more involving - though rev-happy is something i would reserve for the VTEC, and fords refinement is still several notches below

i am waiting for my 3rd servicing to get over this weekend, and will post a short term review soon after that

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks