Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 14:05   #61
BHPian

Re: Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion

Sorry to see that bent rim.I would prefer to go for an OEM alloy wheel. They look so good to the car
Old 12th December 2010, 18:11   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Ooopss, you must have might hit the hole really hard.
If vitamin M is not a concern, i will suggest go ahead and get them changed to alloys.
Mainly because alloys are much more stronger than these steel rims and should be able to withstand these kind of stuff much better than steel rims. Otherwise keep the damaged rim as a spare and continue with your ride .Also if you go for alloys please make it a point to go for alloys with recommemded FIAT's pcd.

Cheers and drive safe .
The whole concern being FiAT's recommended PCD. I couldn't find that anywhere. Some say it's 98. Some say it's 100. I'm planning to change to 14 inch 98/100 PCD alloy wheels now that highway travel is high!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Sorry to see that bent rim.I would prefer to go for an OEM alloy wheel. They look so good to the car
Very true. The OEM alloys do look very good on the car. The only issue being they are way too pricey. Searching for people who want to sell off their OEM wheels.
Old 17th April 2011, 20:28   #63
BHPian

First service Update:
Busy days, so couldn't update the thread. I completed 16K kms till date. I have had no issues with the car. No rattles, no plastics falling off, infact nothing to complain at all. The mileage continues to impress me, I'm getting 16kmpl in the city and almost 19.6-20kmpl on highway runs.

The first service bill was around 5400/-. The costliest part being the fuel filter which cost me around 2400/-. The experience with Tejaswi Motors service was Bad. Though they were prompt to come and pick up the car in the morning from my office, but the promised delivery time was never met. To add to this, the service reminder was not reset and for some reason the bonnet was not locking up as it used to earlier. The service manual was also not returned .

I had some wierd issues on a recent highway run after the service. The speedometer was going crazy. It went way up to 168-180 and was annoying, as the speed limit beep kept buzzing and to add to that the speed sensitive volume control was another irritant.The issue stopped after about 10-15 mins. No idea what caused it. The service center guys took a look and said all the electricals were fine and in good order.

Overall, the experience owning the car has been great and I'm loving every km I drive!!
Old 17th April 2011, 21:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

That's really great to know that your Punto has not given you any chance to complain.
I guess you got the car last oct or nov if im not wrong and you have already touched 16k, thats mainly because of the your highways drives back home i guess.
Still running of stock rims or alloys in are place now ? Yup, how is the bent rim holding up.
Anyways , drive safe and your post without pictures of your ride looks incomplete.

Cheers
Old 17th April 2011, 22:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
First service Update:
Busy days, so couldn't update the thread. I completed 16K kms till date. I have had no issues with the car. No rattles, no plastics falling off, infact nothing to complain at all. The mileage continues to impress me, I'm getting 16kmpl in the city and almost 19.6-20kmpl on highway runs.

The first service bill was around 5400/-. The costliest part being the fuel filter which cost me around 2400/-. The experience with Tejaswi Motors service was Bad. Though they were prompt to come and pick up the car in the morning from my office, but the promised delivery time was never met. To add to this, the service reminder was not reset and for some reason the bonnet was not locking up as it used to earlier. The service manual was also not returned .

I had some wierd issues on a recent highway run after the service. The speedometer was going crazy. It went way up to 168-180 and was annoying, as the speed limit beep kept buzzing and to add to that the speed sensitive volume control was another irritant.The issue stopped after about 10-15 mins. No idea what caused it. The service center guys took a look and said all the electricals were fine and in good order.

Overall, the experience owning the car has been great and I'm loving every km I drive!!
Fuel filter cost is in the range if 1700. You were overcharged. get the refund immediately
Old 18th April 2011, 22:38   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
That's really great to know that your Punto has not given you any chance to complain.
I guess you got the car last oct or nov if im not wrong and you have already touched 16k, thats mainly because of the your highways drives back home i guess.
Still running of stock rims or alloys in are place now ? Yup, how is the bent rim holding up.
Anyways , drive safe and your post without pictures of your ride looks incomplete.

Cheers
Still running stock rims and tyres. I think this set would hold good for another 20k - around 6-7 months if I drive frequently back home. Fortunately I have had no issues with the bent rim.

More picstures of my darling coming up in a few. Got a new camera so, would definitely try to get as many wonderful pics as I can .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Fuel filter cost is in the range if 1700. You were overcharged. get the refund immediately
I'll calling them tomorrow to get more information on the cost of the fuel filter. Thanks a lot Soccerfan. WIll update the thread on the status.
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:51   #67
BHPian

The MRP of the fuel filter was 2393/-. I think the fuel filter prices have gone up.
The SA was also mentioning that the Electronic fuel filters are expensive. Previously this was not the case and so the prices were lesser.
Old 14th June 2013, 22:51   #68
BHPian

4th Service update

After a long time, I finally got time to update my thread. There have been a few upgrades on my Punto in all departments. Details to follow.

I recently crossed the 43K mark on my Punto, and since the car was lying idle for about 6 months as I was away, I got the 4th Service done. The total bill came up to 10,567 including an Anti-rust coating. All oils and coolant were changed.

Issues
An Annoying rattling sound has developed from the Front. It feels like a nut/bolt left somewhere in the engine compartment. I got everything checked from the dashboard to the A pillars and even the bonnet. No clue of the issue. I hope I find a good mechanic who can figure out where the noise is coming from.

Upgrades
1. Refreshed Audio system with Alpine CDE147BT with Focal Speakers all around. The Blaupunkt THA 555 and the JBL 12 inch Sub remain.
2. Avanti 98 PCD 15 inch Alloys with Yokohama S drives 205/55R15's.
3. Carbon Fibre Vinyl Roof
4. 3D mats.
5. K&N Air Filter.

The mileage of the car has been consistent at 19-20kmpl on the highways and around 16kmpl in the city.
Attached Thumbnails
Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130614_005.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130614_007.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130614_009.jpg  

Old 14th June 2013, 23:32   #69
BHPian

Bravo eagle!!! Your BNW Punto looks smashing. Those 5 spoke alloys are chunky and look nice also being easy to clean. Can you post a pic of the ICE especially updated HU. Want to see how it gels with the interior. To complete your exterior mods, you can go for blackened headlamps and EVO taillights (like hemanth.anand)

Wish you many more miles with the Punto. Amazing car, got a chance to drive KarthikK's Red Rocket before it got transformed. Will ask him for another one soon.

Cheers
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 10:09   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Bravo eagle!!! Your BNW Punto looks smashing. Those 5 spoke alloys are chunky and look nice also being easy to clean. Can you post a pic of the ICE especially updated HU. Want to see how it gels with the interior. To complete your exterior mods, you can go for blackened headlamps and EVO taillights (like hemanth.anand)

Wish you many more miles with the Punto. Amazing car, got a chance to drive KarthikK's Red Rocket before it got transformed. Will ask him for another one soon.

Cheers
Thanks srinath!!

Below is the picture and a few more !

I am still waiting for the Punto's Stereo Panel. I ordered one from 99 RPM and they sent me a Linea's panel!
Attached Thumbnails
Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130615_001.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130615_002.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130615_003.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130615_004.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130615_005.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130615_006.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130615_007.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130615_008.jpg  

Tu sei una stella...la mia stella - BNW Grande Punto MJD Emotion-wp_20130614_008.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks