Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:46   #1
BHPian

Linea TJet Plus - Tuscan Wine - Buying experience

Here is a bit of a write up on my purchase experience. I will update this thread as the purchase process goes by.

Background: I had been looking for a good car around the 10L range for a while. Everyone has a list of criteria’s, mine were specific:
- Good handling with steering feedback
- Good suspension setup
- Large boot
- Good amount of power

I had my eyes on the Linea but the one thing stopping me was the power output. Now that with T-Jet it has been sorted, there is no reason to delay the purchase

Visit to Showroom
Visited the Concorde Motors showroom in Prabhadevi (Mumbai). Was greeted warmly by the staff. The asked me details of what I was looking for and on mention of the TJet, they directed me to a sales person. I was then taken to the exclusive Tjet display area. A white TJet was on display.

The sales persons were quite knowledgeable. On learning that I have seen the MJD earlier, they stuck to just showing me the differences between the earlier Linea & the TJet, which is good as I was not interested in a sales pitch. He also clearly explained the difference between TJet and Tjet plus without asking for it. During this, I was offered the Lavasa coffee.

Next came the test drive. It was done on a Sunbeam Beige Tjet Plus. The sales person first took me on a short ride showing the power of the engine and then let me drive. Got behind the wheel and all I can say is that it was an amazing car. The car did exactly what I wanted it to do. Steering was good, acceleration was immense, ride over bumps & potholes was good. I am not going to get into extensive details of testdrive. GTO has already covered that -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html

Once back in the showroom, we went through cost & finance options. Then came the big surprise. I was asking about the colors and wasn’t really happy looking at the swatch cards. They took me down to the basement and there stood a Tjet in every color. I saw atleast about 10 Tjets there in different colors. Apparently, they had started stocking the cars before the launch and the car is available on immediate basis. (one of the main reasons I dropped Vento)

Went back to the showroom two days later with my wifey to finalize the car. We weren’t able to decide on the colors as the basement was dark. I had already seen the beige, black, white, FTA on road and hadn’t seen the Tuscan Wine. On request, they brought out the car to see it in sunlight.

Finalized the Tuscan Wine Tjet Plus and gave a down payment. I had chosen SBI for finance and we started moving the paperwork with them this week. Its been going really slow and without any visibility to the progress. Decided to drop them and started processing with HDFC today. Hopefully this moves fast and is cleared by Tuesday.

ETA for the car at the moment is next Friday.

Last edited by harishsegar : 23rd October 2010 at 13:48.
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Thats a good show room experience you had and congrats for the Tjet Linea. Seems you are the first one on tbhp.

Congrats and please update this thread and upload pics as soon as you get your car. Whats the OTR? Not the right question, but any deals / offers / feebies?
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks