Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2010, 20:43   #16
BHPian

This is what we call the executive color. Congratulations on your new purchase. The vehicle looks solid from all angles.
Old 27th October 2010, 21:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post
I asked the dealer, why there was a change of tire from Apollo, especially since Cochin has 2 Apollo factories. He said, Apollo is facing some kind of employee union problems and their production has come down. Hence JK....
kiran_v: congrats! The Polo looks good in pepper grey!

What you heard about Apollo is true. They did have a lockout in their Chalakudy factory and have only recently restarted operations.

By the way, I wonder why you got a corporate discount of only 5K. As far as I know, the slabs are fixed by variant and at the time we booked our car there was a 12K corporate discount on the Polo TDI Highline. Has this changed?
Old 27th October 2010, 22:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked the dealer, why there was a change of tire from Apollo, especially since Cochin has 2 Apollo factories. He said, Apollo is facing some kind of employee union problems and their production has come down. Hence JK....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
What you heard about Apollo is true. They did have a lockout in their Chalakudy factory and have only recently restarted operations.
Points to ponder!!!:
  • All New Fabia comes with Apollo tyres!
  • Polo 1.6 is delayed - Fabia 1.6 is available!
  • Strategically - Features of all Fabia variants, are almost similar to Polo Variants!
  • Waiting period for Polo is 4 months - Fabia is ours in 4 weeks!
  • Most of the small features that are not available on Polo - and so the owners crib, are available on Fabia!
  • VW & Skoda showroom staff, act like cousin brothers - No bad mouthing!
Moral of the story??? - My guess is as good as yours!!!
Old 27th October 2010, 23:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Fabia does not come with rear defogger and wash wipe,also manual adjust for ORVMs.Those are the only disadvantages.But i guess one could live with that.

Oh and congrats about the Polo,lovely colour.

@Kiran_v I guess regardin VW pre sales you had a good experience unlike many others all across the country.
Old 27th October 2010, 23:41   #20
BHPian

@Vik0728, @anilsanil, @prateekswarup, @gopikb, @eagle_bush, @joe1980, @nowwhat : Thanks Guys!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah Kiran awesome acquisition bro!!

People are going in for the Polo inspite of still questionable VW service. Just hope VW will take note of this and ensure they don't repeat Skoda experience to its customers.

I have been a big fan of Dark colors all my life but this Grey and the Figo Grey are some of the best colours on any Indian car....EVER!!
@Vik0728: I too hope they don't end up like Skoda....

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Wow! Congratulations on the buy. And the color too is my favorite! looking for more reports and pictures!
@anilsanil : For sure, it will be coming soon after this weekend, I am doing a trip to BNP this weekend. Will upload loads of pics as soon as I return!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Congratulations Kiran!

Superb color... does VW give alloys on the TDI version? I thought all variants had hub caps.

If you don't mind my asking - how much did you end up paying for it?

All the best and drive safe!
@prateek : Yes alloys are on the Highline model, it does not depend on the engine (1.2 Petrol, 1.2 Diesel, 1.6 Petrol - 1.6P only has Highline variant as of now)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
Congratulations on the Polo.

Had a query, are the two keys in the last pic the same? The first one looks a bit worn out!
@eagle_bush: The keys are not worn out. This is because the pic was taken soon after the vehicle pooja. So it had some prashad from the temple on it.....

Quote:
kiran_v: congrats! The Polo looks good in pepper grey!

By the way, I wonder why you got a corporate discount of only 5K. As far as I know, the slabs are fixed by variant and at the time we booked our car there was a 12K corporate discount on the Polo TDI Highline. Has this changed?
I think this is because I took the car from Cochin, where there ain't too many corporate companies as compared to Bangalore.
Hence, less the discount!!!! :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Points to ponder!!!:
@Chethan: I beg to differ here. I had a pleasant experience with the dealer. Never had any bad experiences there, as experienced by many of our fellow BHPians. One reason I can think off is that Cochin is one of the most expanding automobile market down south. From me, its a thumbs up sign to the dealer in Cochin - EVM Motors.
Old 27th October 2010, 23:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Fabia does not come with rear defogger and wash wipe,also manual adjust for ORVMs.Those are the only disadvantages.But i guess one could live with that.

Oh and congrats about the Polo,lovely colour.

@Kiran_v I guess regardin VW pre sales you had a good experience unlike many others all across the country.
@avishar : Thanks buddy...and as I said in my previous post, so far it has been a very good experience with pre sales and post sales service from the dealer. As in, I was planning to change the ICE unit to the one AnkitPrashar is using now. So I called the dealer and told him I need a technician to do the work. He said he can lend me a technician to do the work, but only warned that "As per VW norms, any modification on electrical work can void the electrical warranty". When I told him, its just "Plug and Play", he was more than willing to help.
Old 28th October 2010, 08:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VW & Skoda showroom staff, act like cousin brothers - No bad mouthing!
Quote:
@Chethan: I beg to differ here. I had a pleasant experience with the dealer. Never had any bad experiences there, as experienced by many of our fellow BHPians.
I did not say that they did not treat me well either. What I mentioned was that they did not bad-mouth against each other, like any other competitor.
Old 28th October 2010, 08:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I did not say that they did not treat me well either. What I mentioned was that they did not bad-mouth against each other, like any other competitor.
Oh!!!I am sorry. I thought maybe you were putting across the indifferences by the staff towards customers...

Meanwhile, I called up the contact person from Junction to tell him I need to fix sun films as well as upgrade the bulbs. I guess, he was more than happy to hear that the reference came from you.

I had one more question, Chethan. What did you use for Paint protection - waxoyl or Teflon?
Old 28th October 2010, 09:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I think this is because I took the car from Cochin, where there ain't too many corporate companies as compared to Bangalore.
Hence, less the discount!!!! :-(
kiran_v, the corporate discount is an offer from VW and is not dealer-specific. I would suggest you get to the bottom of it since you should be eligible for 12K unless things have changed.

I assume you submitted 1) Letter from your employer stating that you are their employee on company letterhead with company stamp, and 2) Customer Disclaimer form with your signature and company stamp.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Points to ponder!!!:
  • All New Fabia comes with Apollo tyres!
  • Polo 1.6 is delayed - Fabia 1.6 is available!
  • Strategically - Features of all Fabia variants, are almost similar to Polo Variants!
  • Waiting period for Polo is 4 months - Fabia is ours in 4 weeks!
  • Most of the small features that are not available on Polo - and so the owners crib, are available on Fabia!
Moral of the story??? - My guess is as good as yours!!!
Chethan, I agree with most of your points above...

Regarding Apollo, the Chalakudy (Perambra) factory did have a lockout but I am not aware of the other operational aspects of Apollo.

Anyway the fact is that Polo has 185/60 R15 (HL) and 175/70 R14 (CL, TL) tyres whereas the Fabia has 185/60 R14 (1.6 Elegance) and 175/70 R14 (Classic, Ambiente, 1.2 Elegance) tyres.

I heard somewhere that the Polo HL (R15) tyres are a bit of an oddity in the world of tyres and that is one of the reasons why they were thinking of importing these from Russia especially around the time when Apollo had production problems.

Perhaps someone else can elaborate on the tyre situation better than me.

I agree that the Fabia 1.6 is a great deal for those who had booked the Polo 1.6. On paper, both cars are almost identical. There is some addition/deletion of features in both, but nothing to make up the 21K difference. I must say that I was very tempted by the Fabia 1.6!

However one thing that goes against the Fabia is the pricing they had all these years. We all knew that the Fabia was overpriced back then. The Indian car market is a brutal one and doesn't usually give second chances. I am hard-pressed to think of a model that did badly at first and then did well subsequently.

All this may therefore reflect in the resale value of the car.

By the way, if I were an existing Fabia owner I would be pretty miffed for sure.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had one more question, Chethan. What did you use for Paint protection - waxoyl or Teflon?
I have used Sonax - I think it is similar to Waxoyl. Teflon from DuPont is the best product, if you are looking at paint protection. I do not know about any contact in Bangalore. Let me know, if you find any.

Quote:
However one thing that goes against the Fabia is the pricing they had all these years. We all knew that the Fabia was overpriced back then. The Indian car market is a brutal one and doesn't usually give second chances. I am hard-pressed to think of a model that did badly at first and then did well subsequently.

All this may therefore reflect in the resale value of the car.

By the way, if I were an existing Fabia owner I would be pretty miffed for sure.
Now a days, prices of any product in the market comes down. I am not comparing, but the price of a Plasma TV I bought 6 months back, has come down by 10K! With Fabia, features are also cut down.

Question is - Do we have to be in the past or move to the future?

For Fabia, it is - Past imperfect, future....?
Old 28th October 2010, 13:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Now a days, prices of any product in the market comes down. I am not comparing, but the price of a Plasma TV I bought 6 months back, has come down by 10K! With Fabia, features are also cut down.
Agree that it is true for TVs but not sure how it holds up against cars.

Unfortunately people tend to look at cars as an investment.

However no one looks at a TV as an investment.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree that it is true for TVs but not sure how it holds up against cars.

Unfortunately people tend to look at cars as an investment.

However no one looks at a TV as an investment.
Sorry to be out of topic. This thought process started since VW changed from Apollo to JK, for Polo - But transfered Apollo to Fabia ( Skoda is part of VW). Never mind!!

You are right with your comment. But you may find me insane - For me, my car is not even an investment - It is as though a part of myself!!
Old 28th October 2010, 16:50   #29
BHPian

Kiran: I congratulate you on this class leading car! And the colour actually reminds me of the Murcielago LP640 that came out a few years ago in that scheme

Quote:
You are right with your comment. But you may find me insane - For me, my car is not even an investment - It is as though a part of myself!!
I honestly second that, I can never see my car as an investment. It is almost impossible for me to imagine buying a car for its resale. Buying stuff for my car is like grooming it. New dusters, paint protection. All very personal. I mean there is nothing wrong with doing that, but I didn't buy it having a resale price in mind as well

New Fabia owners should be proud, they are getting a lot of features that we don't. But I wonder if there exists a little 'X' factor for the car in question. I'll wait and watch.
Old 28th October 2010, 18:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhavarya View Post
I honestly second that, I can never see my car as an investment. It is almost impossible for me to imagine buying a car for its resale. Buying stuff for my car is like grooming it. New dusters, paint protection. All very personal. I mean there is nothing wrong with doing that, but I didn't buy it having a resale price in mind as well

New Fabia owners should be proud, they are getting a lot of features that we don't. But I wonder if there exists a little 'X' factor for the car in question. I'll wait and watch.
No, I never implied that a car is an investment. Which other "investment" will give you half the money in 5 years?

I said some people tend to look at cars as an investment. I guess they do so because its a tidy chunk of change.

Yes, it will be interesting to watch the "X" factor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks