Team-BHP - Jaguar XFS (Diesel) Test Drive *UPDATE* Another drive Report added on Pg.3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Jaguar XFS (Diesel) Test Drive *UPDATE* Another drive Report added on Pg.3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/91354-jaguar-xfs-diesel-test-drive-update-another-drive-report-added-pg-3-a.html)

2. Loads of torque
3. Same gizmos as in the 5.0l
4. Pretty economical

Dislikes:
1. Xenons sorely missed
2. High end music system missed
3. Revs up to 4500rpm only

Exterior:

The Diesel XF looks almost identical to its 5.0 l brother which we are already familiar with,except for the 18' rims shod with Pirelli Pzero's and the S badging at the rear.The Xenons headlamps are replaced with projector beams.

Interior:

The XF S that comes to India is the Premium Luxury variant, which is a step lower than the Portfolio variant on the 5.0l v8. There are subtle differences when compared to its elder brother,

1. The deviating stitching on the dash is absent
2. The B&W music system is replaced with a Jaguar Sound System
3. There are only 3 interior options for the car Black on black, cream on brown as
seen in the pics, beige on black.
4. The Alcantara headlining is swapped with cloth headlining.

Engine:

The S variant comes with a 3liter v6 diesel engine giving out 275 bhp @ 4000 rpm and a whopping 600 N-m @ 2000 rpm, there is a lot of torque lower down the revs,
but there is feeling of running out of revs when you push the car. The v6 engine is mated to a 6 speed ZF transmission. 0-100 comes in 6.4 seconds, the MID showed mileage of about 10 kmpl when driven in city and should give about 14 kmpl on the highways.

Pricing:

The XF diesel is priced very very competitively at Rs.47.90 lakh and that would be in the 5series,E class and A6 territory.

Great to see the diesel sibling finally here. Nice pics and boy does this car look elegant ! Power with 275bhp and 600NM torque seems impressive but with such figures i expected a 5.9 or 6.0 sec dash to 100. Strange. Its fast for sure but not fast as i expected.
& what is this that i see ???:Shockked: NO XENONS !!! ??? Are you serious ! ?

Nice specs, but Xenons should at least be an option. Not cool.

jagxf - Does your car come with the high end music system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2123628)
Great to see the diesel sibling finally here. Nice pics and boy does this car look elegant ! Power with 275bhp and 600NM torque seems impressive but with such figures i expected a 5.9 or 6.0 sec dash to 100. Strange. Its fast for sure but not fast as i expected.
& what is this that i see ???:Shockked: NO XENONS !!! ??? Are you serious ! ?

There are no xenons, it comes with projector headlamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2123642)
Nice specs, but Xenons should at least be an option. Not cool.

jagxf - Does your car come with the high end music system?

AFAIK there are no options on any Jaguars in India, they are pre configured.
Yes, our XF comes with a 14 speaker Bowers & Wilkins music system.

The Drive:

The XF did not sound like a diesel, the insulation is awesome there is absolutely no engine noise in the cabin, I could not hear the turbos as well! The exhaust does not sound like a diesel, there is a subtle purr :D . IMO it would have been better if a 7 or an 8 speed gear box was on offer like the E class or the 5 series. The initial acceleration is phenomenal I would say it would leave its competitors in its wake! The suspension is a little bit on the harder side, but it absorbed the bumps on the road with ease. The steering felt lighter than its elder brother the 5.0. The brakes had very good feel and were very good at high speeds.

Nice review jagxf. Give us some more details on the driving aspect compared to V8. Did you get some good roads in Mumbai to open her up? :D A comparison with the F10 5 series would also be helpful.

WOW!! Review of XF Diesel!!

I think this must be the 1st Diesel XF review in the country. I dont think even the magazines have gotten hold of a car yet. Nice one Jagxf:thumbs up

Nice to see something different than the regular Beat and Nano reviews (Not that they are bad,:D dont flame me for that).

Nice review there. Car looks WILD.
Absence of Xenons is surprising. At that price point i am sure its gonna be a major hit.

Jaguar has got the pricing spot on! And 600Nm of torque in this sedan :Shockked: Wow..I can imagine the initial rush in acceleration. Will it leave the 530D in the dust?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2123786)
Jaguar has got the pricing spot on! And 600Nm of torque in this sedan :Shockked: Wow..I can imagine the initial rush in acceleration. Will it leave the 530D in the dust?

0-100 km/h for both are almost same, just 0.1 second difference . See screen-shots from their respective websites.

Jaguar XFS (Diesel) Test Drive *UPDATE* Another drive Report added on Pg.3-picture-1.png
Source: Jaguar UK - Jaguar

Name:  Picture 2.png
Views: 13246
Size:  94.0 KB
Source: BMW 5 Series : Model comparison

yup. As I said, it sure is fast but with insane figures like those i expected it to be in the late 5s , say 5.9-6.0 secs to 100kph. In comparison the 530D (f10) is faster albeit by 0.1secs and the A4 3.0TDI by 0.2secs. Somehow, the car with the lowest performance figures out of the 3 is the fastest to 100 and 160.:D (highest power to weight ratio for the Audi)
Where the 530D takes 16.0secs to 160kph , the 3.0TDI takes 15.3secs. Surprise surprise !! The Jaguar seems to be the slowest out of the 3.

@platzdaTurbo
The fractions of seconds can be attributed to superior 4wd traction, and a slight power to weight advantage if any.

530d is a RWD, XF i assume is a RWD, while the A4 is AWD. Time taken by the cars to their 250kph limiters should be interesting.

Incidentally, i dont like the fact that Indians get pre specced cars, be it Jag, BMW, Merc, Audi etc. In this segment cost is NOT the only criteria. We know we're a cheap bargain hunting lot but not that cheap either. Give us a spec sheet to tick !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash_vtec (Post 2123848)
@platzdaTurbo
The fractions of seconds can be attributed to superior 4wd traction, and a slight power to weight advantage if any.

530d is a RWD, XF i assume is a RWD, while the A4 is AWD. Time taken by the cars to their 250kph limiters should be interesting.

Incidentally, i dont like the fact that Indians get pre specced cars, be it Jag, BMW, Merc, Audi etc. In this segment cost is NOT the only criteria. We know we're a cheap bargain hunting lot but not that cheap either. Give us a spec sheet to tick !!

I hoped that with the release of the F10 5 series the concept of pre specced cars would finally end. I hoped that these premier companies would offer us a long list of choices in almost every aspect of the car and make customers feel like a complete snob ( as they should, for spending crazy amounts these cars demand :D )
Alas, that day still seems some distance away.

& Ash vtec - Yup the A4 3.0 TDI does have the most superior power to weight ratio of the 3. Perhaps that is what makes the miniscule difference. I have my doubts over how much difference would the AWD/RWD setup be making.

A gorgeous car!
At least in the looks department, it makes all its competition just shrink into obscurity. It may not be "quintessentially British" anymore, but that doesn't make the Jag any less desirable. :)

the performance figure are sexy.

but i was wondering if you can get that bowers & Wilkinson system as an option. its like 1500 watts of pure goodness.

and about the missing alcantara headlining. its kinda sad, lamborghini interiors n some supercars are specially designed in alcantara.

i saw one of these in my home town. its truly gorgeous. looks very chic and a class above the rest!( just my personal opinion). as i am tired of watching the Es and 5s.

nice review :D

Well the interiors look a lot more luxurious than the 530D's.
And the A4 3.0 TDI is a much smaller car, would be slightly cramped with 5 large people.
Jaguar = Luxury + Comfort + Performance :D
(I'm probably biased though, I've always liked British Cars)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadanaJ (Post 2130518)
Well the interiors look a lot more luxurious than the 530D's.
And the A4 3.0 TDI is a much smaller car, would be slightly cramped with 5 large people.
Jaguar = Luxury + Comfort + Performance :D
(I'm probably biased though, I've always liked British Cars)

Smaller, no doubt but much, im not sure. Yes ,on paper the length difference in millimeters is apparent with a 100 odd mm difference between the A4 and say, the new E. In real world situations the difference is hardly visible and it comes from the fact that there is a new E parked right next to my A4
Width being identical between the 2 coupled with the fact the the A4 has a big wheelbase for its class , i am sure it wouldnt be much smaller on the inside. I do agree though that 5 cannot sit comfortably thanks to the transmission tunnel. Also the extra length of the 5/E would be going into that precious extra legroom.